IGNORED

LJ has conned us all!

Top Robin

59 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

OTIB poster doesn’t like or agree with another’s view so immediately responds and only responds in calling him a ‘Gas head ‘

The OP has Over 600 posts and 700 likes - A busy Gashead

Fed up with it and it’s use by some

A pathetic and immature response and insult

As for the original post @Top Robin

When I saw the title and read your post , I did think blimey, brave ...... harsh :whistle:..?.....brutal ....?....maybe

But I have to be honest , when I break down what you’re saying or certainly most of it I struggle to disagree with you (You don’t mention coaching ability but Tbf I dothink he and/or his assistants have demonstrated there clearly is some, ) and I’d suggest many on here on reflection will think on similar lines to varying degrees, whether they admit is is a different matter 

A maybe ruthless but brave post - whatever else and any eventual outcome - Tbf He hasn’t set out to con anyone and I am sure his intentions totally good and honourable

You outed me as Swindon when EMB replied to a post I made, a pathetic and immature response you say, yep you actually said that!!! Sort it out, I understand you need to jump on the Lee out bandwagon at every opportunity,  fresh after a defeat normally, but it's making you very irrational. 

Indeed a very cowardly insult to someone who is and always has been BCFC.

We’ve taken forward steps every season since our first season in league one please don’t tell me we’re going backwards from where we were last season. It looks like there are some players that don’t want to play for us. Paterson is one of them, Flint has not been great second half of the season. There are only a few that have been putting in effort and look like they want to be at the club.

1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

Another thought is that our players just aren’t good enough - especially a creative midfielder with the knack of scoring goals and a proven goal scorer - with pace and powerful finishing. 

Both of these things we have been crying out for over the past few Transfer windows and not succeeded in either attracting or securing deals. 

Not since a fit Baldock or Maynard have we really had a clinical striker who could create their own chances or out run a defender!

Tammy Abraham says hi

34 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I have never understood the blaming players argument. The manager picks the players, buys the players, decides which players to keep who were already there.

... and creates a spirit within the squad (Cotts) and motivates the team.

I've no idea what LJ's man management is like but I will always wonder about the manager, and the dressing room spirit he has engendered, when the team has a number of inexplicable 'off' days which leave fans questioning their desire and commitment.

2 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Lee has conned Steve Lansdowne, Bristol City and us the fans by alleging to be a proficient manager with the requisite skills to move this club forward.

I presume his interview for the job would have covered his ability to purchase the right players, develop players, pick the best team and shape for the particular opposition, employ the right tactics, motivate the team and individuals and enforce the right mindset. 

Unfortunately, it is clear that up to this point he had failed in most of these areas and Steve must be starting to feel that he has been slightly deceived and wondering if he has got the right man at the helm.

As fans, his appointment was met with split opinions and I for one was up for giving him a chance and even more after his first couple of interviews where he came across really well and spoke of exciting times ahead. 

Ok, we started this season well and punctuated it with a decent cup run but the joy of all that has been completely erased by a horrendous 2018 where we have looked as bad as we did last season when we had that disastrous losing streak.  And this is the worry......Lee can't seem to bottle, replicate and sustain any success that we get. He then conspires to tinker and change the team each week where it quickly looks like he is running out of ideas and just trying something he hasn't done before. Some of his starting line ups have been bizarre as have his substitutions. This is just not good enough for a championship manager.

So I'm afraid that I can't see Lee taking us forward any further.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Just a shame yours is so blinkered.

17 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

You outed me as Swindon when EMB replied to a post I made, a pathetic and immature response you say, yep you actually said that!!! Sort it out, I understand you need to jump on the Lee out bandwagon at every opportunity,  fresh after a defeat normally, but it's making you very irrational. 

Indeed a very cowardly insult to someone who is and always has been BCFC.

IIRC in response to your Gashead taunts to a few

One of the primary offenders of using the Gashead slur  (Thanks for reminding me of that)

As for your ‘Lee out’ claim - suggest you actually read posts instead of your trolling tantrums

Doesnt take you too long to pop out your box looking for someone to row with does it

Would be more credible if you ever went to a game too

:thumbsup:

You were only conned if you expected (or were promised) promotion this season. I wasn’t so easily conned, especially as the manager has only been here for two years, this is only our third season back in the championship and we have only had two seasons of redeveloped ground increased revenue.

1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

Another thought is that our players just aren’t good enough - especially a creative midfielder with the knack of scoring goals and a proven goal scorer - with pace and powerful finishing. 

Both of these things we have been crying out for over the past few Transfer windows and not succeeded in either attracting or securing deals. 

Not since a fit Baldock or Maynard have we really had a clinical striker who could create their own chances or out run a defender!

Lee is ultimately responsible for recruiting the right players

2 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Lee has conned Steve Lansdowne, Bristol City and us the fans by alleging to be a proficient manager with the requisite skills to move this club forward.

I presume his interview for the job would have covered his ability to purchase the right players, develop players, pick the best team and shape for the particular opposition, employ the right tactics, motivate the team and individuals and enforce the right mindset. 

Unfortunately, it is clear that up to this point he had failed in most of these areas and Steve must be starting to feel that he has been slightly deceived and wondering if he has got the right man at the helm.

As fans, his appointment was met with split opinions and I for one was up for giving him a chance and even more after his first couple of interviews where he came across really well and spoke of exciting times ahead. 

Ok, we started this season well and punctuated it with a decent cup run but the joy of all that has been completely erased by a horrendous 2018 where we have looked as bad as we did last season when we had that disastrous losing streak.  And this is the worry......Lee can't seem to bottle, replicate and sustain any success that we get. He then conspires to tinker and change the team each week where it quickly looks like he is running out of ideas and just trying something he hasn't done before. Some of his starting line ups have been bizarre as have his substitutions. This is just not good enough for a championship manager.

So I'm afraid that I can't see Lee taking us forward any further.

Joy of the cup run hasn’t been erased for me, mate.  It’s been a great season.  Disappointing since the Man City games, of course, but if a successful season is defined by a viable challenge in the league and a good cup run, then we can hardly complain.  If the only thing that would make you happy is to get promotion, then you’re going to spend an awful lot of your time as a football fan being bitter and twisted.  The important thing is to replicate the form of the first half of the season next year, and I’m looking forward to that, and the likes of Kelly and Vyner making the same sort of progress we’ve seen from Brownhill and Reid this season.

1 hour ago, Chappers said:

Team over-achieves first part of season, has a cup run, then fades away. Not an uncommon tale really. The club is definitely progressing, some promising younger players coming through, and we are competitive against clubs with a bigger budget in a tough league. Been a disappointing end to  an appalling Second Half of the season, but not worth endless threads of doom and gloom and sack the manager. Enjoy the positives What are the positives? 

Corrected for you.

3 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

Sorry - I know this is all about opinions etc, but can't let that go unchallenged. Two years ago we had the 4th highest goalscorer in the Championship, last year we had the second highest, and this year it's quite possible that Bobby could finish the highest. We may have been crying out for lots of things, but a proven goalscorer has been the least I'd suggest!

2 hours ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Tammy Abraham says hi

As does Bobby Reid, even Fam's goals per game probably make him currently as effective as Maynard / Baldock - it's not goal scoring that we can blame LJ or the team for.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I have never understood the blaming players argument. The manager picks the players, buys the players, decides which players to keep who were already there.

I agree.

When thing go horribly wrong, as they gave done in our case, fans can blame individual players, but they will only be dropped or sold by the manager (who understandably uses any such means to absolve himself of blame).

So its more logical to focus attention on the manager, as he ultimately responsible and accountable for performances and results.

Its more constructive to address the cause rather than the effect.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

IIRC in response to your Gashead taunts to a few

One of the primary offenders of using the Gashead slur  (Thanks for reminding me of that)

As for your ‘Lee out’ claim - suggest you actually read posts instead of your trolling tantrums

Doesnt take you too long to pop out your box looking for someone to row with does it

Would be more credible if you ever went to a game too

:thumbsup:

I can't get to many games that's true, but to highlight that is just another symptom of your vendetta . I perhaps was a bit too honest with my posts in the past, mentioning Swindon as I lived and worked there, only for you to sieze it as an opportunity to call into question my City colours. 'Tis true some on here, even in game time only too often call for the head of LJ, and tbh it is depressing to me and to I guess a lot more true City supporters,  at least wait until the final whistle, my feelings after a defeat is being down, I cannot at the first opportunity gloat over the demise of the team as you and a few others do, constantly. 

I know you and yours do not represent the majority of City support, it's just that on here you can bully and vent your spleen to the less vocal and more moderate  level headed support, the old saying the noisy few can outshout the many is a good maxim here.  

I really don't think there are many as passionate about City as me, I have seen many managers come and go, as way back to Fred Ford, I have been lucky enough to have met a few, and as far as I am concerned Lee is up there with the best, he is a very pleasant guy, there are no personality traits I am sure, that would indicate he is nothing other than a great attribute to the club, of course the owner thinks the same and has backed him when others wanted him gone. Which proved to be very astute, the early season form was the best we have witnessed for many a year, culminating in beating no less than Man U.

Yes the run in has been a huge let down, but we are in a far better place than this time last season, and we do need to recruit well this summer. So I believe calling for his head right now is ill conceived and foolish, of course we can all have a pop, that is our right, possibly more as a ST fan, and if you think you are not getting value for money you do have the ultimate sanction. 

Leave.

Tammy Abraham says hi

My point exactly .... Tammy was great and it was a pleasure to watch him grow -but he’s not a finisher in the same standard or Maynard and Baldock - how often did we see him shoot a hard bullet shot into the corner of the net?  Also how many times could he outrun a defence. 

You only have to look at someone like Mitrovic to see the type of striker we need - not necessarily his character - but his power, speed and finishing. 

I mean I am not happy at all but he has helped move the club forward. There will be a time to ask how much futther can he take it but has definitely helped progress it.

Took a small squad filled with loan players and kept them up in his first few months. Then started weeding out some not good enough. An inconsistent season the next year but finished a place higher and 2 more point. During that season he brought along quite a few young players that would help Bristol City finish in their highest league position the year after. We could still finish with up to 20 points more than last season and at least 11 more. So yea, he has progressed the club. 

He hasn’t been without his flaws. 50/50 in the transfer market. Slow to make changes. Can’t turn results around when the go against him quickly enough. All serious concerns going forward but even in those 3 windows he has made us a top half championship club from a relegation type club. 

Now the question of whether he can take us to the premier league or not is approaching. His challenge is to take us into the playoffs next season or at least challenge until the end without a horrid spell. If he can’t do that then I would entertain the idea of getting rid. I will always understand those saying we will be going into next season with terrible form. It is only my opinion that he has earned another season to give it a go. Though a slow start or another 10+ match streak of relegation form and I will have had enough. 

40 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

My point exactly .... Tammy was great and it was a pleasure to watch him grow -but he’s not a finisher in the same standard or Maynard and Baldock - how often did we see him shoot a hard bullet shot into the corner of the net?  Also how many times could he outrun a defence. 

You only have to look at someone like Mitrovic to see the type of striker we need - not necessarily his character - but his power, speed and finishing. 

You seem to be over rating Baldock somewhat. One very good season for us in Div. 3 (although also notorious at the time for a series of unfathomable misses) but has never been prolific at Championship level, his highest ever return at this level being just 11.

We then got promoted without him with Wilbs. nearly matching Baldock's total from the previous season.

Just 18 goals in 3 Championship seasons at Brighton, an average of just 6 per season.

Tammy scored 23 goals for City at Championship level, Baldock only one more in L1 in a one off golden season where he scored twice as many as in any other season at any level; really no comparison between the 2.

If LJ is to be believed that he wants to improve as a coach, I would like to think he would ask the senior players their opinion after the last game of the season, for a totally honest and open discussion of before January, January's transfer window and the slow painful death of their aspiration to play in the Premier League next season.

I would also like them to be given a free pass on their thoughts on the coaching, attitudes of their team mates and who they can and cannot trust leading into next season.

Since January lets be honest, some of them have downed tools because they beat Man Utd and have seen nice comments in the media about them.

1 minute ago, screech said:

If LJ is to be believed that he wants to improve as a coach, I would like to think he would ask the senior players their opinion after the last game of the season, for a totally honest and open discussion of before January, January's transfer window and the slow painful death of their aspiration to play in the Premier League next season.

I would also like them to be given a free pass on their thoughts on the coaching, attitudes of their team mates and who they can and cannot trust leading into next season.

Since January lets be honest, some of them have downed tools because they beat Man Utd and have seen nice comments in the media about them.

A bit like post drubbing at Preston last season then !!!!

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A bit like post drubbing at Preston last season then !!!!

Yes, it seems some in the squad need a constant reminder that they are part of a 46 game season in a ferociously tough league. That's the ones we need to bail out pretty sharpish, the soft centred unambitious are dragging the rest down, it's best the coaches are hearing it from the players.

1 hour ago, Peter1450 said:

You really think they give a toss?

Yes. Why wouldn’t they? If they got promoted they would get more money, more prestige and more adulation. Only a few footballers are stupid enough not to care about their performances, even those who are essentially selfish.

How long does someone get before they get sacked for under performing? We have won 4 games from last 22 and picked up 17 points from 19 league games and a possible 57 points ... so essentially since Xmas we have been playing at certain relegation form. What happens when this form continues into next season? I'm also fairly confident we will finish 10th/11th this season which is a very mediocre position. When remembering we were in the automatic promotion spots at Christmas this isn't good enough.

It seems people are willing to over look this awful form based on a league cup run we had. However, its worth remembering we beat a rotated man united team and then LOST TWICE to man city. 

38 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Yes. Why wouldn’t they? If they got promoted they would get more money, more prestige and more adulation. Only a few footballers are stupid enough not to care about their performances, even those who are essentially selfish.

Not sure I buy into your theory Leveller, most of the current squad would not cut it at the highest level so would be gone, so no increase in salary for them.

They had all the prestige and adulation any player could wish for during December and clearly most of them can’t handle the pressure that brings with it.

Surely if the the guys who were reaping all the plaudits during the impressive cup and league run of 2017 cared about their performance why have we been subjected to totally uninspiring football in 2018?

18 minutes ago, city2015 said:

How long does someone get before they get sacked for under performing? We have won 4 games from last 22 and picked up 17 points from 19 league games and a possible 57 points ... so essentially since Xmas we have been playing at certain relegation form. What happens when this form continues into next season? I'm also fairly confident we will finish 10th/11th this season which is a very mediocre position. When remembering we were in the automatic promotion spots at Christmas this isn't good enough.

It seems people are willing to over look this awful form based on a league cup run we had. However, its worth remembering we beat a rotated man united team and then LOST TWICE to man city. 

I'm not a happy clapper, but we beat Stoke, Crystal Palace, Watford, a very, very strong Man United team (it included many of their best players anyway) and could have gone through against Man City.

You can't just overlook any of that.

Archived