IGNORED

LJ has conned us all!

Top Robin

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm not a happy clapper, but we beat Stoke, Crystal Palace, Watford, a very, very strong Man United team (it included many of their best players anyway) and could have gone through against Man City.

You can't just overlook any of that.

That period feels as faraway as our FA Cup final, how long do you hold onto the good times when it’s been dross since?

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm not a happy clapper, but we beat Stoke, Crystal Palace, Watford, a very, very strong Man United team (it included many of their best players anyway) and could have gone through against Man City.

Agree

(As another non happy clapper)

Cup runs have their own value with memories that last 

Consistent Competitive Championship side who gives the cups a real go would be  a pretty decent fare

Let us just be honest please. Lee Johnson has never ever achieved anything in 6 years as a manager. He has never got a club promoted, he has never won a trophy of any sort and he does not even have a worthwhile runners up medal that anyone cares about. He is only still in post because he has some sort of love in with SL which nobody really understands and which I think is unhealthy for the club. There is nothing to suggest that he has learnt or is learning or that he will take the club forward but he will stay because SL will not get rid. Just do not call him the Championship Wenger - Wenger has actually won things.

Sooner gone the better but not holding my breath !

1 hour ago, city2015 said:

How long does someone get before they get sacked for under performing? We have won 4 games from last 22 and picked up 17 points from 19 league games and a possible 57 points ... so essentially since Xmas we have been playing at certain relegation form. What happens when this form continues into next season? I'm also fairly confident we will finish 10th/11th this season which is a very mediocre position. When remembering we were in the automatic promotion spots at Christmas this isn't good enough.

It seems people are willing to over look this awful form based on a league cup run we had. However, its worth remembering we beat a rotated man united team and then LOST TWICE to man city. 

I’ve heard it all now - Johnson is a bad manager because we lost to Man City! Until recently we had the best home/away aggregate of any team against Man City all season.

I find it utterly tragic that you believe the correct response to a bad run is to sack the manager.  You represent all that is wrong with the modern game and I’m so glad that you are, I believe, in a tiny minority at Bristol City.  You are entitled to your opinion, and I’m entitled to find your opinion a sad indictment of our times.

11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

OTIB poster doesn’t like or agree with another’s view so immediately responds and only responds in calling him a ‘Gas head ‘

The OP has Over 600 posts and 700 likes - A busy Gashead

Fed up with it and it’s use by some

A pathetic and immature response and insult

Christ. @Top Robin would even agree there’s no insult. They even responded in jest. Calm your crackers.

Didn’t dislike or agree, but many thanks.

I know I’m so pathetic, thanks for that also. 

Maybe it’s cus you’re an actual gas head?

Note to self - humour can be a ‘whoosh’ for others.

I respect the OP for their view, but my ACTUAL view is simple. Each to their own, but I’m not all too bothered with current club affairs on and off the field. Things are better than last season.

So :icecream:

LJ Has conned us all?

Give it a rest!!!

Semi Final of a major Cup competition, beating four premier league teams.

Playing some of the best football I've seen at the Gate in years including taking the runaway Premier League winners all the way.

Punching way above our financial weight for most of the season until we ran out of steam.

Averaging over 20,000 crowds including our first sell outs.

Probably our highest finish in ten years.

But yes, of course you are right LJ has conned us all and we've had a really disappointing season.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and because of his family ties he will be open to even more scrutiny than most but take a breath, yes there's plenty of improvement to be made and we can all see what could be around the corner with a little less fatigue and more consistency.

Can we all just be more positive in our outlook and get behind the coaches and team.

4 hours ago, Peter1450 said:

Not sure I buy into your theory Leveller, most of the current squad would not cut it at the highest level so would be gone, so no increase in salary for them.

They had all the prestige and adulation any player could wish for during December and clearly most of them can’t handle the pressure that brings with it.

Surely if the the guys who were reaping all the plaudits during the impressive cup and league run of 2017 cared about their performance why have we been subjected to totally uninspiring football in 2018?

So it’s your view that every footballer who has a bad spell of form, after a good one, has ceased to care in the interim?

I don’t think so. Form has a lot of factors and I sincerely believe that most footballers try to do their best most of the time. There may be some bad apples only in it for the money, but most have some self respect and desire to do well.

7 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You seem to be over rating Baldock somewhat. One very good season for us in Div. 3 (although also notorious at the time for a series of unfathomable misses) but has never been prolific at Championship level, his highest ever return at this level being just 11.....

....in 31 games...not bad...

4 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Very true, accepted totally that pre Xmas the team was performing perhaps above its place. But the point is that since that Wolves game there has been a collapse of huge proportions and 4 wins in 22 is p1ss poor by any standards.  I just want the staff to be challenged re this and hear what they have to say rather than usual  coaching staff mutterings. I would love radio Bristol simply to ask LJ or GM or DH to comment on this run and offer us an insight into it. Simple a :sub:

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’ve heard it all now - Johnson is a bad manager because we lost to Man City! Until recently we had the best home/away aggregate of any team against Man City all season.

I find it utterly tragic that you believe the correct response to a bad run is to sack the manager.  You represent all that is wrong with the modern game and I’m so glad that you are, I believe, in a tiny minority at Bristol City.  You are entitled to your opinion, and I’m entitled to find your opinion a sad indictment of our 

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I would advise re reading my post before spouting out this nonsense. I am a supporter of lee Johnson and do not believe he should be sacked. As to where you got this notion that I believe us not beating man city means he should be fired is preposterous and a bizarre way to react to my post.

If you reread you'll see I started with a question asking where people draw the line. I also think it's worth noting last season I was one of the only posters who stuck by LJ and supported what Lansdown and Johnson were trying to achieve (refer to my posting history). I do however feel that lee Johnson's repeated poor form is somewhat being overlooked because of our cup run and yes it was a good run but a bit of perspective is all I tried to show. This is the same man city side that got knocked out of the fa cup against league 1 Wigan.

Are you happy with our form since wolves 22 games ago? I think it's worth noting ranieri got sacked the season after winning the premier league as a 2000/1 under dog. I just think a degree of perspective is required. We showed through the first half of the season that we could compete at the top end of this league and then the team has fallen apart since christmas. Part of this blame lies with the poor tactics and inability to change tactics when we stopped winning which is ultimately the managers fault. 

So ... Have I enjoyed the success lee Johnson has brought us this season? Yes.

Do I believe had we replaced lee Johnson when we went on another long run of poor form and got in another proven championship manager we could have made automatic promotion or at worst the play offs? Yes. 

Let's hope the continued faith of lee Johnson pays off in the end and he can continue to grow as a manager

5 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

We did and I loved every second of it. However, I'm just trying to post the opposite opinion as this forum is for debate :) .. we did play a rotated squad against stoke and palace as did they and both were in terrible form. We also lost twice to Man city who got knocked out the fa cup by wigan in league 1. However that man united game with live long in the memory.

Just for the record I think Johnson has done enough for fans to again overlook this poor run of form however it can not continue to be a recurring thing every season. I also think we will end up finishing 11th this season which will be a massive waste of a brilliant opportunity and I believe there are plenty of championship managers available who could have taken this batch of players to a mid table finish if not higher! 

I can't remember a season I've enjoyed as much as this one for a long time .. However as I've said on previous posts we have not replicated what Leicester did in winning the league as a 2000/1 under dog. Instead he is looking like he will guide us into finishing as the 31st best club in England up 6 places from last years 37th 

7 minutes ago, city2015 said:

Just for the record I think Johnson has done enough for fans to again overlook this poor run of form....

4 wins in the last 19 games?! So we just ‘overlook’ this ‘run of form’?! And you think we should ‘again’ overlook another ‘poor run of form’?! Are you aware of the run from October to March last season? 

How has our head coach ‘done enough’ for us to ‘overlook’ his inadequacies?! 

I would add that the cartoon pantomime villain on this forum, Warnock, pointed out this season that LJ has the ‘ golden ticket ‘ at Bristol City , when it comes to our owner, and alluded that any manager would love to be in LJ posistion. 

With the backing he has had in the past it will be an interesting time to be a fly on the wall in the corridors of power at the Gate when the season ends when a review of the season takes place.  Questions will be asked 

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

4 wins in the last 19 games?! So we just ‘overlook’ this ‘run of form’?! And you think we should ‘again’ overlook another ‘poor run of form’?! Are you aware of the run from October to March last season? 

How has our head coach ‘done enough’ for us to ‘overlook’ his inadequacies?! 

It's a valid point .. it depends how you chose to judge the season: 

1. Since Christmas we have been poor and without the first half of the season would have been in deep s**t based on the form we've shown since wolves game.

2. Alternatively, over the course of the season we have at no stage been at threat of relegation, we have showed we can compete at this level and have already guaranteed a top half finish with 3 games to go. We also had our most successful ever run in the league cup and have had some fantastic nights this season. 

I feel while most fans in the respect that I feel this has been a real wasted opportunity after looking like a nailed on cert for at least play offs at Xmas. However had someone said at the beginning of the season that we would finish top half and make the league cup semis I would have seen that as a successful season.

I do believe lee has shown us that he has the ability to manage and get the team playing well, and received a lot of plaudits along the way from several top names in football. For me he is on a final warning, give him one more window and if we go on another losing run there is no coming back. 

15 minutes ago, city2015 said:

It's a valid point .. it depends how you chose to judge the season: 

1. Since Christmas we have been poor and without the first half of the season would have been in deep s**t based on the form we've shown since wolves game.

2. Alternatively, over the course of the season we have at no stage been at threat of relegation, we have showed we can compete at this level and have already guaranteed a top half finish with 3 games to go. We also had our most successful ever run in the league cup and have had some fantastic nights this season. 

I feel while most fans in the respect that I feel this has been a real wasted opportunity after looking like a nailed on cert for at least play offs at Xmas. However had someone said at the beginning of the season that we would finish top half and make the league cup semis I would have seen that as a successful season.

I do believe lee has shown us that he has the ability to manage and get the team playing well, and received a lot of plaudits along the way from several top names in football. For me he is on a final warning, give him one more window and if we go on another losing run there is no coming back. 

It’s not been a real ‘losing’ run though, we have had the odd win chucked in here and there, QPR, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday, Brum, decent match against Fulham, and so on.  On whole standard been really poor.  We will lose players in the summer and gain some . I still think he is in credit, just, the last three games will be interesting for all sorts of reasons.  We might win one but equally on current form lose all.  Do not want to go out like last few months 

Archived