IGNORED

Lee Johnson is full of shit.

Londoner

I remember when he joined , he said he needed 4?Transfer windows to get the balance and the squad he wants..... And here we are today with a hopelessly unbalanced squad with an overload in average strikers and still just one right back.

LJ said he wanted players to utilise his philosophy of fast passing attacking pressing football....so signs djuric and a record signing target man in diedhiou.....resulting in hoof ball football.

He wants to play the youngsters and utilise the youth squad in the first team....going by my reckoning only Reid has come through under Johnson to establish himself.

He makes bizarre statements when under pressure showing his deep lack of experience.....brighton was a free game and get hammered 4-0 being just one example.

He regularly plays square pegs in round holes.....something that has heavily contributed to us crashing down the table.

He has made hopeless signings. Diony Woodrow hegeler giefer lucic? Matthews Kent Walsh Engvall tomlin (perm) elliason have been disasters so far.

Out of his depth .

Was just about to post something similar on one of the other many threads but this about sums up my thoughts.

LJ actually said he needed 3 windows. I'm not sure if it was also clarified where we were expected to be after 3 windows, though I do recall the words Premiership and even Europe being bandied about.

For the first half of this season he can't be branded a flop particularly as we will finish in the top half of the table, BUT he's now had 4 windows and the signings in the 4th were bizarre.

That is a concern.

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

Was just about to post something similar on one of the other many threads but this about sums up my thoughts.

LJ actually said he needed 3 windows. I'm not sure if it was also clarified where we were expected to be after 3 windows, though I do recall the words Premiership and even Europe being bandied about.

For the first half of this season he can't be branded a flop particularly as we will finish in the top half of the table, BUT he's now had 4 windows and the signings in the 4th were bizarre.

That is a concern.

Europe, I remember that the delusional arrogance.

Transfer signings have been diabolical.

51 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I remember when he joined , he said he needed 4?Transfer windows to get the balance and the squad he wants..... And here we are today with a hopelessly unbalanced squad with an overload in average strikers and still just one right back.

LJ said he wanted players to utilise his philosophy of fast passing attacking pressing football....so signs djuric and a record signing target man in diedhiou.....resulting in hoof ball football.

He wants to play the youngsters and utilise the youth squad in the first team....going by my reckoning only Reid has come through under Johnson to establish himself.

He makes bizarre statements when under pressure showing his deep lack of experience.....brighton was a free game and get hammered 4-0 being just one example.

He regularly plays square pegs in round holes.....something that has heavily contributed to us crashing down the table.

He has made hopeless signings. Diony Woodrow hegeler giefer lucic? Matthews Kent Walsh Engvall tomlin (perm) elliason have been disasters so far.

Out of his depth .

Very harsh to include Elliasson in this.. we’ve all not seen enough of him to judge, and what we have seen he looks half decent with a very good deal ball delivery on him. 

Opinions. 

GK - FF, Steele

RB - Pisano, Wrsight, Vyner

CB - Baker, Flint, Maggers, Wright, Vyner, Kelly, Hegeler

LB - Bryan, Maggers, Kelly

RM - O’Dowda, Pato, Brownhill, Elliason, (Kent :ph34r:)

CM - GoN, Hegeler, Smith, Pack, Brownhill, Walsh

LM - Pato, O’Dowda, Elliason, (Kent :ph34r:) Bryan

ST - Reid, Diedhiou, Djuric, Taylor, (Diony :ph34r:)

IMO, it’s well balanced and we have cover in each position as proven this season, it’s just unfortunate with the injuries we’ve had it makes our team look unbalanced. 

It would when you have a LB suspended and a LM injured. Or your RB injured, CB injured and CB suspended. 

We don’t have any really poor players (when all fit as diony and Kent haven’t made the bench recently). 

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

That is a concern.

Sorry must correct you all around Feb it was said by Johnson that what he really meant was 3 SEASONS worth of windows

48 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Opinions. 

GK - FF, Steele

RB - Pisano, Wrsight, Vyner

CB - Baker, Flint, Maggers, Wright, Vyner, Kelly, Hegeler

LB - Bryan, Maggers, Kelly

RM - O’Dowda, Pato, Brownhill, Elliason, (Kent :ph34r:)

CM - GoN, Hegeler, Smith, Pack, Brownhill, Walsh

LM - Pato, O’Dowda, Elliason, (Kent :ph34r:) Bryan

ST - Reid, Diedhiou, Djuric, Taylor, (Diony :ph34r:)

IMO, it’s well balanced and we have cover in each position as proven this season, it’s just unfortunate with the injuries we’ve had it makes our team look unbalanced. 

It would when you have a LB suspended and a LM injured. Or your RB injured, CB injured and CB suspended. 

We don’t have any really poor players (when all fit as diony and Kent haven’t made the bench recently). 

You can’t miss out Woodrow! What a revelation he’s been...

It's some posters that are full of shit not LJ. We're gonna end up with nearly 70 points this season and get within 2 wins or so of play-offs. Obviously anyone who can't see that this is a drastic improvement either was in a coma for the last 2 seasons or is just an idiot!!

Looking forward to giving it another go next season.

Onwards and upwards!

3 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

It's some posters that are full of shit not LJ. We're gonna end up with nearly 70 points this season and get within 2 wins or so of play-offs. Obviously anyone who can't see that this is a drastic improvement either was in a coma for the last 2 seasons or is just an idiot!!

Looking forward to giving it another go next season.

Onwards and upwards!

Crikey didn’t think this forum had anyone who actually spoke sense. 

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

That is a concern.

But if it was 3 windows to stabilize the team he's done that, don't think it was 3 windows to get to the Prem

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

But if it was 3 windows to stabilize the team he's done that, don't think it was 3 windows to get to the Prem

I think it was 3 windows before we could judge it as 'his squad'. 

Nothing specific about promotions etc...

Look the table doesn't lie, we had an excellent 2017 and a not so excellent 2018. Even this out and we are where we deserve to be. It's as simple as that. 

All I wanted from this season was to not get embroiled in another relegation battle, I would have taken a solid mid-table finish for sure if it had been offered in August. Who wouldn't?!

I can only assume that some of our fans expectations have been raised so much by the first half of  the season and our cup run, that they are unable or unwilling to accept that we have progressed.

Yes we're all disappointed to have dropped out of playoff contention, but let's take into consideration the bigger picture here.

We're now an established Championship Club pushing for the playoffs rather than a yo-yo Championship/League One Club.

3 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Look the table doesn't lie, we had an excellent 2017 and a not so excellent 2018. Even this out and we are where we deserve to be. It's as simple as that. 

All I wanted from this season was to not get embroiled in another relegation battle, I would have taken a solid mid-table finish for sure if it had been offered in August. Who wouldn't?!

I can only assume that some of our fans expectations have been raised so much by the first half of  the season and our cup run, that they are unable or unwilling to accept that we have progressed.

Yes we're all disappointed to have dropped out of playoff contention, but let's take into consideration the bigger picture here.

We're now an established Championship Club pushing for the playoffs rather than a yo-yo Championship/League One Club.

How are we now an established Champ team?  So far we've had one exceptional half season, and not even the current one.  This could be as good as it gets for a long time.

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

Europe, I remember that the delusional arrogance.

Transfer signings have been diabolical.

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

That is a concern.

He said it as a joke, he was being interviewed along with DC and when asked where they saw their teams in 4-5 years time Darrell said something boring/unambitious and Lee gave a smile and said Europe. So maybe some context here would help.

4 minutes ago, KingLear said:

The bigger picture is, if we can't keep hold of some of the better players we will be back to square one.

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

That is a concern.

NJ, LJ said we'd be in Europe in 5 years. He's still on target for that isn't he....? Isn't he?:dunno:

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

How are we now an established Champ team?  So far we've had one exceptional half season, and not even the current one.  This could be as good as it gets for a long time.

I guess it depends on what you would term as 'established'.

We're going to be starting our 4th consecutive Championship season in August.

For me that's established but maybe not for others?

3 minutes ago, Red said:

The bigger picture is, if we can't keep hold of some of the better players we will be back to square one.

No that's a prediction that hasn't happened yet and may not happen. 

The bigger picture is that we have progressed from the last 2 seasons. Would you disagree?

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

Out of his depth .

Londoner,  due to your reputation this post will get you more 'rubbish' imogies than others who may have posted it.

I would say that the points you've made are pretty valid....hard to argue against them to be honest.

4 minutes ago, KingLear said:

I guess it depends on what you would term as 'established'.

We're going to be starting our 4th consecutive Championship season in August.

For me that's established but maybe not for others?

I agree it's subjective but I personally don't think that the three seasons we've had so far suggest anything apart from you never know what you're going to get.  

Just now, RumRed said:

I agree it's subjective but I personally don't think that the three seasons we've had so far suggest anything apart from you never know what you're going to get.  

I'd agree with that for sure. I don't think any of us would have predicted us being in the top 6 for the majority of the season and beating Man Utd in the cup.

Which is why I'm saying 'look at the bigger picture' 'temper expectations' etc.

Calm down, we are progressing each year we would of taken 11th place let alone a good cup run which we have not had for years, if we finish 11th it is still a good season however we can still finish top 6. Keep calm we are in a good position as a club, wasnt long ago people were worried we was going to get relegated ! Far too much expectations from our fans all the time.

Archived