IGNORED

Lee Johnson is full of shit.

Londoner

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

I remember when he joined , he said he needed 4?Transfer windows to get the balance and the squad he wants..... And here we are today with a hopelessly unbalanced squad with an overload in average strikers and still just one right back.

LJ said he wanted players to utilise his philosophy of fast passing attacking pressing football....so signs djuric and a record signing target man in diedhiou.....resulting in hoof ball football.

He wants to play the youngsters and utilise the youth squad in the first team....going by my reckoning only Reid has come through under Johnson to establish himself.

He makes bizarre statements when under pressure showing his deep lack of experience.....brighton was a free game and get hammered 4-0 being just one example.

He regularly plays square pegs in round holes.....something that has heavily contributed to us crashing down the table.

He has made hopeless signings. Diony Woodrow hegeler giefer lucic? Matthews Kent Walsh Engvall tomlin (perm) elliason have been disasters so far.

Out of his depth .

Just stop following football, you are not enjoying yourself. Take up yoga or something. 

Apparently, the ‘Three Windows’ are part of the ‘Four Phases’. When we approach ‘Phase Four’ someone will mention ‘Five Sectors’. Then we move to the ‘Six Segments’. 

I’m more of an old school Warnock/McCarthy man myself who’d say **** this bullshit just get out there and win.

Beginning to question whether LJ talks a good game now. 

39 minutes ago, KingLear said:

No that's a prediction that hasn't happened yet and may not happen. 

The bigger picture is that we have progressed from the last 2 seasons. Would you disagree?

I think if you had fuckall won £1m on the lottery and pissed £800k against the wall in 3 months you would be better off than you were 12 months before but would you be happy about what you had squandered since January? Keep that up and you will be skint by xmas 2019.

I've watched City for a long time and whenever we've been in the top 2 leagues it's generally been a relegation scrap. Alan Dicks, arguably our most successful manager was appointed in 1967 and got us promotion in 1976. Most of those seasons were relegation scraps apart from the season we went up and the season before. There were many fans calling for him to be sacked long before promotion was achieved. Historically this season has been one of the most successful I can remember since those times. The only better ones were the 2 seasons I mentioned earlier, the first 3 seasons in the top flight (and the first of those we only just survived), 1990/91 under Jimmy Lumsden and the 3 seasons under Gary Johnson when we finished in the Championship top 10, that's in the last 50 years or so this is in the top 10 so you have to put things in perspective. Alan Dicks only had a 33% win rate in his time as manager and lost more than he won so if you're a City fan you've got to expect to lose regularly if we're in the top 2 leagues.

If we did somehow get promoted we'd definitely be in a relegation scrap, not sure some people on here would enjoy that and would be calling for LJ's head next season anyway.

5 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I've watched City for a long time and whenever we've been in the top 2 leagues it's generally been a relegation scrap. Alan Dicks, arguably our most successful manager was appointed in 1967 and got us promotion in 1976. Most of those seasons were relegation scraps apart from the season we went up and the season before. There were many fans calling for him to be sacked long before promotion was achieved. Historically this season has been one of the most successful I can remember since those times. The only better ones were the 2 seasons I mentioned earlier, the first 3 seasons in the top flight (and the first of those we only just survived), 1990/91 under Jimmy Lumsden and the 3 seasons under Gary Johnson when we finished in the Championship top 10, that's in the last 50 years or so this is in the top 10 so you have to put things in perspective. Alan Dicks only had a 33% win rate in his time as manager and lost more than he won so if you're a City fan you've got to expect to lose regularly if we're in the top 2 leagues.

If we did somehow get promoted we'd definitely be in a relegation scrap, not sure some people on here would enjoy that and would be calling for LJ's head next season anyway.

Then he'd be best off just going now then . As he can't win .

There is nothing to support your notion of instant relegation, we would strengthen.

Not every club comes straight back down .

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Then he'd be best off just going now then . As he can't win .

There is nothing to support your notion of instant relegation, we would strengthen.

Not every club comes straight back down .

Most clubs go straight back down if it's their first ever season in the Prem, though Bournemouth an exception. I didn't say we'd go down, just that we'd be in a relegation scrap which is almost certainly the case even with strengthening.

3 hours ago, RedSA said:

I think it was 3 windows before we could judge it as 'his squad'. 

Nothing specific about promotions etc...

3 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

But if it was 3 windows to stabilize the team he's done that, don't think it was 3 windows to get to the Prem

Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson says it will "probably take three transfer windows" to shape his squad the way he would like. 

Taken straight from the BBC article after the interview at the end of the season he took over, no mention of 3 windows to get a squad for promotion, just a squad to play the way he wants to. 

3 hours ago, KingLear said:

Look the table doesn't lie, we had an excellent 2017 and a not so excellent 2018. Even this out and we are where we deserve to be. It's as simple as that. 

All I wanted from this season was to not get embroiled in another relegation battle, I would have taken a solid mid-table finish for sure if it had been offered in August. Who wouldn't?!

I can only assume that some of our fans expectations have been raised so much by the first half of  the season and our cup run, that they are unable or unwilling to accept that we have progressed.

Yes we're all disappointed to have dropped out of playoff contention, but let's take into consideration the bigger picture here.

We're now an established Championship Club pushing for the playoffs rather than a yo-yo Championship/League One Club.

You are assuming that we revert to winning form at the start of next season. No guarantee of that is there? 

If, and it could be a big if, we don't start well, it's always much harder to dig us out of the mire than to slide easily into it. Are you not the least bit concerned that the unmentionable could happen next year? 

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Most clubs go straight back down if it's their first ever season in the Prem, though Bournemouth an exception. I didn't say we'd go down, just that we'd be in a relegation scrap which is almost certainly the case even with strengthening.

Looks like Newcastle, Brighton and Huddersfield are all going to buck that trend this year.

35 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

You are assuming that we revert to winning form at the start of next season. No guarantee of that is there? 

If, and it could be a big if, we don't start well, it's always much harder to dig us out of the mire than to slide easily into it. Are you not the least bit concerned that the unmentionable could happen next year? 

No of course not, by the same token there's no guarantee we'll stay in our current run of form either. 

With our recent history (and our recent form) I don't think any City fan, including myself, isn't concerned that we could flirt with the bottom 3 again. But wouldn't every fan of every club be concerned about that?

However I think (hope) I've seen enough in terms of quality, commitment and results to think that we'll press on rather than revert back to previous years. 

We've learnt a lot this year with a (relatively) young bunch of lads that should stand us in good stead next season hopefully. If we keep hold of them of course.

What I would like to see though are a couple of proven Championship quality players come in to make us a bit more robust as I feel we are a bit lightweight.

Sorry for the massive reply :)

When we lost 5-0 away at Villa he said “let’s see who finishes higher the end of the season” (or something similar, can’t find the interview, think the club have removed it from our YouTube channel)

And towards the end of January he said in an interview that when they analysed the fixtures at the beginning of the season they identified January as the period where we may struggle due to the amount of fixtures, the quality of opposition etc and that from February to the end of the season the didn’t foresee any problems and that we should be fine from there on.

Both ridiculous statements to make and both have come back to bite him on the bottom. He needs to learn to keep thoughts like this to himself imo. 

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Most clubs go straight back down if it's their first ever season in the Prem, though Bournemouth an exception.....

That’s not true though...before this season 25 teams have been promoted to the premier league for the first time...and only 12 of them have been relegated after one season...less than half....

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s not true though...before this season 25 teams have been promoted to the premier league for the first time...and only 12 of them have been relegated after one season...less than half....

So only half have. My point was that we'd be near the foot of the table and losing a lot more than we won (like last time we were up there) as one of the smaller clubs to get promoted. If we stayed up it would be a major achievement. Burnley went down but didn't panic and have been successful at the second attempt , we could emulate that.

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

So only half have. My point was that we'd be near the foot of the table and losing a lot more than we won (like last time we were up there) as one of the smaller clubs to get promoted. If we stayed up it would be a major achievement. Burnley went down but didn't panic and have been successful at the second attempt , we could emulate that.

I think talk of how we’d get on in the Premier League is wildly irrelevant and optimistic and so far away from where we are.....

Archived