IGNORED

Things to Be Learned & Actioned From This Season

cityfan

If we agree with LJ about the lengthy injuries impacting on our season

And

If we agree that we have our young squad that is still learning

And

If we accept that we made some less than positive signings (as all teams do), then what might we do this summer to correct, mitigate and improve the same?

If I was Lee Johnson, friend or foe, I would ask to go and sit with Neil Warnock and listen to his philosophy on getting a team out of the championship.  Same with Steve Bruce if he makes it with Villa.  And I would also look to any premiership managers that I have the ability to connect with who will give me their time.

I think getting out of the Championship is about using the budget you have and the players you can get to adopt a style that works. If you can't compete with Wolves for example, then why try to play a certain style of football if you maybe don't have their budget and the players to execute it.  Once promoted and you have a budget, then you may be able to employ your philosophy on those players employed. Cardiff have a less budget and people complain on here about Warnock's style of football.  I would argue he uses his positive experiences and his knowledge to get the best out of his players to get the job done. They look close to promotion to me.

So if LJ can go and speak with some of these managers in the summer and learn from them, whether they are a friend or a foe, then power to his elbow. We've come up a bit short this year, not much, even after a desperate run since Christmas.  Fans expectations will be equal to or greater next season than this year's finishing position.  It is to be expected and equally, is not unreasonable.

So LJ, fill the gaps, plug the holes and use the knowledge gained so that this can be translated to the playing and coaching squad next season for a more successful year.

24 minutes ago, cityfan said:

If we agree with LJ about the lengthy injuries impacting on our season

And

If we agree that we have our young squad that is still learning

And

If we accept that we made some less than positive signings (as all teams do), then what might we do this summer to correct, mitigate and improve the same?

If I was Lee Johnson, friend or foe, I would ask to go and sit with Neil Warnock and listen to his philosophy on getting a team out of the championship.  Same with Steve Bruce if he makes it with Villa.  And I would also look to any premiership managers that I have the ability to connect with who will give me their time.

I think getting out of the Championship is about using the budget you have and the players you can get to adopt a style that works. If you can't compete with Wolves for example, then why try to play a certain style of football if you maybe don't have their budget and the players to execute it.  Once promoted and you have a budget, then you may be able to employ your philosophy on those players employed. Cardiff have a less budget and people complain on here about Warnock's style of football.  I would argue he uses his positive experiences and his knowledge to get the best out of his players to get the job done. They look close to promotion to me.

So if LJ can go and speak with some of these managers in the summer and learn from them, whether they are a friend or a foe, then power to his elbow. We've come up a bit short this year, not much, even after a desperate run since Christmas.  Fans expectations will be equal to or greater next season than this year's finishing position.  It is to be expected and equally, is not unreasonable.

So LJ, fill the gaps, plug the holes and use the knowledge gained so that this can be translated to the playing and coaching squad next season for a more successful year.

I sometimes wonder if LJ knows too much .

He comes out with some clever stuff doesn't he ? 

Is the game complicated or does he overthink it ?

Archived