IGNORED

Bristol Bears - Rebrand ! (Merged)

cheshire_red

11 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Lansdown confirms that not implementing a shit rebrand was the reason for Bristol's relegation from the Premiership last season. It was absolutely nothing to do with retaining the head coach/director or rugby or recruitment being hampered by the Championship playoffs. Stick an animal that begins with a b and has no connection to the city on all the gear and it'll be grand.

I may have paraphrased slightly...

That's about the sum of it. Andy Robinson, a coach no modern player had heard of and wouldn't want to play for, and Chris Booy a braying braggart chairman saying the club was Prem ready.

Thats why the club was caught out, plus a fucking fool (in rugby terms) who went along with it.

I laugh when I see Devonians in their silly Indian headdresses and a club in Greater Manchester aligning itself with a big fish i'm certain has never been up the ship canal, but it looks like Bristol has joined the wank name club.

Bravo.

10 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

The hideous new name aside, what exactly is wrong with the kits? Quite nice if you ask me :dunno:

The fact that they aren't the blue and white hoops that everyone associates with bristol, it'd be like changing the city home kit to navy blue with a bit of red on the shoulder... 

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

The fact that they aren't the blue and white stripes that everyone associates with bristol, it'd be like changing the city home kit to navy blue with a bit of red on the shoulder... 

Some examples of Bristol shirts as recently as this century with no hoops...

npp_1411.jpg

Bristol-Rugby-Union-2007-08-Shirt-Size-XL-Home.jpg

71820829.jpg

You know what fuck Bristol Sport. If we get wanky cartoon bears plastered around AG I'm packing it in entirely, not just the season ticket.

I feel insulted and I couldn't name a single Bristol Rugby player.

6 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Some examples of Bristol shirts as recently as this century with no hoops...

npp_1411.jpg

Bristol-Rugby-Union-2007-08-Shirt-Size-XL-Home.jpg

71820829.jpg

And those still had navy blue and white, Bristols traditional colours, not half red like this monstrosity. 

And as you'll find, they went back to hoops very soon after these two as they realised people didn't like it... 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

And those still had navy blue and white, Bristols traditional colours, not half red like this monstrosity. 

And as you'll find, they went back to hoops very soon after these two as they realised people didn't like it... 

But there's been red on the kit for the last few years. This year's kit has a lot of red on it.

I totally understand the outrage about the change of name, but honestly can't see how this kit is any more controversial than last year's kit or those shown above.

Just now, El Hombrecito said:

But there's been red on the kit for the last few years. This year's kit has a lot of red on it.

I totally understand the outrage about the change of name, but honestly can't see how this kit is any more controversial than last year's kit or those shown above.

There were plenty of people who complained about the red creeping onto their jerseys and feared that it would be the thin end of the wedge. Sadly they were totally right.

5 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

There were a lot of complaints about the red last year and the year before, but the red then was only on the arms/neck. 

Now half the shirt is red, a bit like city having a half blue shirt. It's taking the history away from the club

1 hour ago, cheshire_red said:

Why has this ben relegated to this forum, it I very relevant to City, rebranding of the rugby club with no prior consultation (not even announced last Friday when Lansdown had the Microphone) shows a lack of respect and lack of empathy. This could happen to City and should be in the football forum

I’m going to stick my neck on the line and suggest there is no chance of this happening to City.

#TogetherWeRise

Bears

"All bears, from the polar bear to the grizzly, like to live alone. It is in the nature of bears to be solitary animals."

"Bears are the most solitary carnivores in the world."

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Bristol Beasts, although the small print might make people read it as something quite different altogether :blink:

Then may as well remove any ambiguity and have the name as the Bristol Bristols. Bet they wouldn't be short of entries for a design the badge contest... 

The original tweet with a few photos of the players looking a bit bewildered and embarrassed was quickly taken down and replaced with these. The Bristol Rugby account has been very active since the announcement. Maybe they think that if they tweet enough absolute bollocks about bears and folklore it will bring supporters round to their way of thinking. I'd say it's far more likely that people will get bored of reading the bullshit and just go with it for a quiet life.

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Also on the Rugby club online presentation

* more rugby memorabilia and logos added to the Clubhouse area of AG (ie the Lansdown concourse)

* South Stand to be renamed "The Bear Pit" (on matchdays only thankfully)

The slippery slope gets ever steeper........

With each passing day I feel a bit of our club is being taken away.

I don’t understand the us and them attitude that BS have created. I won’t even walk into the Lansdown concourse on a match day because it doesn’t feel like home. I don’t understand why they didn’t make it a shared clubhouse?

2 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Lansdown confirms that not implementing a shit rebrand was the reason for Bristol's relegation from the Premiership last season. It was absolutely nothing to do with retaining the head coach/director or rugby or recruitment being hampered by the Championship playoffs. Stick an animal that begins with a b and has no connection to the city on all the gear and it'll be grand.

I may have paraphrased slightly...

I think SL has a bit of a shock coming if he thinks that we’re going to get 20-27k turning up every week. Just not going to happen on a regular basis unless it’s Champions Cup latter stages or we are right up at the very top of the league. Even then I can’t see it. 

1 hour ago, El Hombrecito said:

I quite like the kit, but it’s more about the change from tradition I think people are more upset about,. The name and the badge a major part of this, and of course the fact that red is now very dominant so the classic Bristol kit and colours are no more, or at best a diluted afterthought.

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

I think SL has a bit of a shock coming if he thinks that we’re going to get 20-27k turning up every week. Just not going to happen on a regular basis unless it’s Champions Cup latter stages or we are right up at the very top of the league. Even then I can’t see it. 

I thought when he spoke on the pitch on Friday, a ‘we want not just you fans who have been loyal this season but twice as many of you’ type speech. I thought, fat chance we rarely get a sell out for football. 

Archived