IGNORED

Play-offs still realistic

Nongazeuse

2 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

Assuming we win our last three games  - two at home and one against at  lacklustre Forest - I don't see why play-offs are not still achievable if we get 74pts.

Our rivals:

Derby (68 pts) - four difficult games against Middlesbro', Cardiff, Villa and then H to Barnsley who all have something to play for - can see 2 D and 2L so 70pts.

Middlesbro (69) -  Draw at Derby then D at Home to Millwall then away Ipswich another D? 3 pts so 72 pts.

Sheff Utd (66) - Can see them losing at Birmingham next Sat, then draw with Preston and obviously L to us. 1 pt so 67pts.

Brentford (65) - D with QPR in local derby, then D at Barnsley, W against Hull = 5 pts so 70pts

Preston (66) - W against Norwich then D with Sheff U, W against Burton = 7 pts so 73 pts

Millwall (69) - D with Fulham, Middlesbro and Villa = 3 pts so 72pts

Two places at stake so it could go to goal difference, if one or two results differ.

Not clutching at straws really - and yes I did pick the grand National winner on Sat!

That’s the spirit!

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Mathematically very possible. Based on how we are playing right now about as much chance as our next two opponents. Who knows? 3 games is too many to fathom. Beat Hull at home and see where we are then

Frankly probably better for all concerned if the horse was put down on Saturday; the pain is too much, its cruel. 

Sorry to say but we are total sh1te, we will be lucky to get a draw from the remaining 3 games.  The manager came out when we were very much still in with a chance and said he doesnt want the season to fizzle out, and the cheif operating officer confirmed he wasnt targetting promotion. If they could have extended those sentiments to us at the start of the season it might have saved a lot of people a lot of money. That was well worth their nice 6 figure salaries.

"Strikers win games, defences win titles" is an oft spoken phrase.

Having been 3-0 up v Sunderland and 2-0 up v Leeds, a tighter defence would have been a godsend. Throw in a draw instead of a defeat to Wolves and those three games would see City fifth today with five extra points.

Accept we will still be in the Championship next year and trust / hope the powers that be realise this and improve City's defence of 2019/20.

3 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

Assuming we win our last three games  - two at home and one against at  lacklustre Forest - I don't see why play-offs are not still achievable if we get 74pts.

Our rivals:

Derby (68 pts) - four difficult games against Middlesbro', Cardiff, Villa and then H to Barnsley who all have something to play for - can see 2 D and 2L so 70pts.

Middlesbro (69) -  Draw at Derby then D at Home to Millwall then away Ipswich another D? 3 pts so 72 pts.

Sheff Utd (66) - Can see them losing at Birmingham next Sat, then draw with Preston and obviously L to us. 1 pt so 67pts.

Brentford (65) - D with QPR in local derby, then D at Barnsley, W against Hull = 5 pts so 70pts

Preston (66) - W against Norwich then D with Sheff U, W against Burton = 7 pts so 73 pts

Two places at stake so it could go to goal difference, if one or two results differ.

Not clutching at straws really - and yes I did pick the grand National winner on Sat!

Just win our last 3 games?.... We haven't won 3 in our last 20 games!!

38 minutes ago, 22A said:

"Strikers win games, defences win titles" is an oft spoken phrase.

Is it still true, however? Way the game is progressing, heading I'm not so sure.

That said Sunderland definitely a fuck up- I blame LJ more so than the defence for that one tbh. Leeds away? Draw there can always happen, especially when their crowd gets going, brings them into the game and vice versa.

Norwich and Bolton though? Can debate about whether we should have won, but certainly IMO shouldn't have lost and the same at home to Wolves.

I'm not convinced about the defence being poor though- questionable tactics moreso in a number of games I reckon, with poor game management compounding this.

6 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

Our rivals:

300 years ago you'd have been drowned as a witch 

5 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

The horse has truly bolted

The horse has bolted, been for a nice run in the country, come back, had a nice meal of hay and oats, and is now tucked up in his stable watching an old episode of Inspector Horse.

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Home or away - those two fixtures will be the difference...Burton hadn’t won at home for SIX months when we turned up and managed a paltry 2 shots on goal....

Wolves and Sunderland home for me.

Three points thrown away and, iro Wolves, a loss of belief/momentum. 

7 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

Our rivals:

I have same predictions as you pal , except Millwall will  win 1 draw 1 lose 1  = 4 pts  = 73 pts     

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Frankly probably better for all concerned if the horse was put down on Saturday; the pain is too much, its cruel. 

It is cruel but could be just as cruel for others around us. I am not hopeful at all. I don’t expect us to make it now so if we do win out, it is a pleasant surprise. Very obtainable 6 points coming up and personally wpuld call it a small win if we hit 70 points. 

Archived