IGNORED

Ashton Gate Stadium & Bristol City Football Club

The Wild Bunch

Will we ever see our name and badge return to the outside of the Stadium?  Obvious place is on the back of the Lansdown Stand like we had with the Williams Stand.  The upgrade of the stadium has been fantastic, however the lack of BCFC signage on the outside of the stadium is shocking.  Maybe Bristol Sport are waiting until the new badge is released.

4 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

No time for jokes, its a strategic hand drying partner we're looking for here. 

Genuinely, I've already offered to pay the additional electric bill if they turn the heating elements on, so that my son can use them. 

I wasn't taken up on the offer. 

54 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

No time for jokes, its a strategic hand drying partner we're looking for here. 

Hot air is available from Mark Ashton about 3 days before the end of the January transfer window.

"After a long and fruitful consultation with our loyal customers Bristol Sport are pleased to announce the engagement of Total Warm Air Solutions as our preferred sanitation associate for the forthcoming season. In an exciting and ground breaking partnership we believe this represents an innovative customer experience. Fans who sign up for the exclusive pre-season price of £40 can experience the full benefits of the hand drying package:

Warm air supplied to your delicate little digits for 60 seconds.

A brief burst of "scent of the boardroom" so you can experience that exclusive Ashton Gate smell

Select one of two City classic tunes to accompany your hand drying either Simply the Best or Hi ho silver lining.

A junior hand drying package is available in the family supporters area featuring slightly lower hand dryers.

To maintain City's unrivalled access to all policy, OAP's and supporters with disabilities who are unable to access the premium drying package will be able to use a spare club towel tied to the wall at strategic locations around the concourse in both the Dolman and South Stands.

A standard package will be made available for those who wish to pay on the day.

Season Card holders who have held a card for over 108 years will be able to access a hand drying loyalty scheme the details of which will be revealed over the next ten years"

• Admin
11 hours ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Will we ever see our name and badge return to the outside of the Stadium?  Obvious place is on the back of the Lansdown Stand like we had with the Williams Stand.  The upgrade of the stadium has been fantastic, however the lack of BCFC signage on the outside of the stadium is shocking.  Maybe Bristol Sport are waiting until the new badge is released.

The daft thing is there are two big club badges just outside the sports bar in a corner where they are hardly seen

They would be perfect!

But then on the basis the rugby lot have been planning for a year to change their name perhaps that is what they were waiting for?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see our crest change soon. Everyone is moving towards a cleaner, simpler and more digitally-friendly crest and I think we should do the same. Personally I think our crest is dated, a bit cluttered and doesn’t look great in digital form.

The traditionalists might cry foul, but club badges are one of those things that constantly evolve over time for virtually all clubs - I don’t have a problem with that.

29 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see our crest change soon. Everyone is moving towards a cleaner, simpler and more digitally-friendly crest and I think we should do the same. Personally I think our crest is dated, a bit cluttered and doesn’t look great in digital form.

The traditionalists might cry foul, but club badges are one of those things that constantly evolve over time for virtually all clubs - I don’t have a problem with that.

I usually agree with all you say Chippenham but on this occasion I have to disagree-the coat of arms is great in my opinion and sets us apart from that lot in Horfield with their crappy clip art logo. 

42 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

I usually agree with all you say Chippenham but on this occasion I have to disagree-the coat of arms is great in my opinion and sets us apart from that lot in Horfield with their crappy clip art logo. 

Fair enough, it's a very subjective thing.  I don't hate it at all, I just think it looks a bit dated.

We should definitely have our badge very prominent

I see today that the Egg Chasers are having their own statue going to be erected at rear of the Lansdown

For anyone interested - the commissioned Statue will be based on one of these two three short listed suggestions

3321691E-66E0-4794-9906-5DEA62A306FD.jpeg

08B51B5D-D764-4FF7-9756-23B42EED5D92.jpeg

B05E636D-94FA-4B0D-93D0-F1725ACA3E7D.jpeg

8 hours ago, Icelandic Clap said:

How does it set us apart from Roverzzz when they used to have exactly the same badge - the coat of arms? Glos CCC have used the same badge too...so it isn’t unique to us and doesn’t set us apart in my opinion...

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How does it set us apart from Roverzzz when they used to have exactly the same badge - the coat of arms? Glos CCC have used the same badge too...so it isn’t unique to us and doesn’t set us apart in my opinion...

After the last few months I reckon our badge could look something like this...

Robin_with_footballs.jpg.3c64a3facf166fb25f2d361bdc4a8c4e.jpg

12 hours ago, Juan Kerr said:

A team that doesn't go all flaccid in January would be good, too.

If all the players went flaccid in January that would explain their inability to rise to the promotion challenge.. 

18 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We currently use it and have done for the past 24 years, they do not so sets us apart at this moment in time. But that's my opinion and we'll agree to disagree. 

On 17/04/2018 at 18:25, BobBobSuperBob said:

We should definitely have our badge very prominent

I see today that the Egg Chasers are having their own statue going to be erected at rear of the Lansdown

For anyone interested - the commissioned Statue will be based on one of these two three short listed suggestions

3321691E-66E0-4794-9906-5DEA62A306FD.jpeg

08B51B5D-D764-4FF7-9756-23B42EED5D92.jpeg

B05E636D-94FA-4B0D-93D0-F1725ACA3E7D.jpeg

Oh I've justspat my beer back into my glass laughing so much. Superb!

Archived