IGNORED

Fans travelling to Russia for the World Cup

ITV Jake

Another game of note was turkey away in 91 when wise scored the only goal for a 1 nil win. Now that was a crazy week .meetsome Millwall lads on a beach and had a good chat about the last game we played them when they beat us 4 1 . After a week there came home a nervous wreck, being only 20 at the time a few people thought I was bull shiting about how mad it was there . It wasn’t till the 2 Leeds fans got stapped to death there( god rest there souls) that people started to believe how bad it was, funny thing was we went back there 2 years later and run the gauntlet again....

i think the last time we played there was a total away fan ban

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes mate

Was like a scene from the Film Warriors wasn’t it

England at their best , always sticking together 

@GasDestroyer was there

I can remember a very nervous 20 mins as they checked their photos and our passports before letting us leave !!!!!

:whistle:

I think it was called sabarb campsite? Not sure how it was spelt and they dubbed it campsite hell

3 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Another game of note was turkey away in 91 when wise scored the only goal for a 1 nil win. Now that was a crazy week .meetsome Millwall lads on a beach and had a good chat about the last game we played them when they beat us 4 1 . After a week there came home a nervous wreck, being only 20 at the time a few people thought I was bull shiting about how mad it was there . It wasn’t till the 2 Leeds fans got stapped to death there( god rest there souls) that people started to believe how bad it was, funny thing was we went back there 2 years later and run the gauntlet again....

i think the last time we played there was a total away fan ban

@GasDestroyer -wasn’t that one of your escapades .?

England fans who,were found to have suffered stab wounds arrested for ‘fighting’ etc 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@GasDestroyer -wasn’t that one of your escapades .?

England fans who,were found to have suffered stab wounds arrested for ‘fighting’ etc 

We have probably crossed paths over the years bob ,my Bristol city, Bridgwater flag was my pride and joy for years maybe try and meet up at a home game happy to pm you a mb number loads to chat about but like a previous poster said not to be posted on here ... 

2 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

We have probably crossed paths over the years bob ,my Bristol city, Bridgwater flag was my pride and joy for years maybe try and meet up at a home game happy to pm you a mb number loads to chat about but like a previous poster said not to be posted on here ... 

Definitely mate

Remember the Flag :thumbsup:

I’m banned from pm mate :laughcont:

@GasDestroyer has my no so you could pm him , and he can pass onto me by phone m8 ;)

Loving the Sticks & Stortz show here. Ably assisted by Bob & Gas Destroyer. 

Great stories lads. Love it. 

I missed the England aways in the 80’s and 90’s but rest assured there’s still a good number of good City ‘lads’ still doing England aways these days. We get up to some decent stuff but nothing like you lot experienced. 

Just now, Enter Sandman said:

I missed the England aways in the 80’s and 90’s but rest assured there’s still a good number of good City ‘lads’ still doing England aways these days. We get up to some decent stuff but nothing like you lot experienced. 

Really good to hear Sandman - good lads  

Some of the Very best times of my life - absolutely no regets

You will keep the memories and laugh out loud for years

We were no different to you I’m sure - just different times ;)

45 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

Here we are @sticks 1969 haha, have you worked out who I am yet?!

2014-04-16 14.21.41.jpg

That picture was 18 years ago mate where does the time go? . Keeping fine mate disappointed about yesterday but Hayho got tickets for the quarter finals if england get there and will go out for the final if they make it but tickets are £450 each so might need to rob a bank :laugh: speak soon

• Admin

Guidebook out now: Free Lions at the 2018 World Cup

Cover guide web banner

The England Fans' Guide to Russia 2018  in association with the England Supporters Travel Club (ESTC) gives you the lowdown on everything the travelling fan will need to get through this summer's tournament. The 152-page guidebook is a vital part of every England fan's planning and it's available for a small P&P fee in hard copy (UK only) or free to download.

It's important to note that anyone with an England match ticket, as well as members of the England Supporters Travel Club, will automatically receive a FREE copy of the guidebook as part of our partnership with the FA. 

If you haven't got an England ticket, or would like extra copies, please follow the instructions below. 

England's campaign kicks off in just four weeks starting in Group G alongside Belgium, Panama and Tunisia:

• England v Tunisia 18th June @ 7pm BST
  • England v Panama 24th June @ 1pm BST
  • England v Belgium 28th June @ 7pm BST

Get your hands on a copy!

The England Fans' Guide to France is free, but you will need to cover the cost of postage and packaging - so we ask fans to donate £2 to the FSF via our donate page here.

That sends your address and donation straight to us, and your guidebook will be on its way.

You can order as many copies as you like, be sure to include multiple £2 donations to match.

Digital format

The guidebook is available in PDF format for use on your tablets, smartphones, laptops and pretty much any device that can use PDFs.

Most modern internet browsers, such as Google Chrome, have built-in PDF readers otherwise you can use Adobe Reader - which is available to download for free here.

Free-of-charge services provided by the FSF's Free Lions team in Russia:

• Free Lions fanzine for every game
  • SMS text service, Free Lions Facebook and Twitter updates via @FSF_FreeLions
  • Fans' Embassy 24-hour mobile helpline (+44 7956 12 13 14 or +7 977 278 5820 if you have a Russian SIM)
  • On-the-ground advice and support from the England Fans’ Embassy
  • A detailed guidebook with travel essentials and info on every host city

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/free-lions-at-the-2018-world-cup

I went to the qualifying games in Spain 82. The only way you could get legitimate tickets was to buy a full package from Sportsworld. This was supposed to stop hooligans from attending!

The cheapest option was to buy the coach/campsite package deal. The coaches supplied were state of the art from the early 70s! Our campsite was based in a little village a few miles to the west of San Sabastian.

In those days, it was common place to wear your home team shirt. I wore my just relegated into Division 4 Umbro City shirt with pride but I was the only BCFC fan on site. There was a mad Yeovil fan there though.

Across from the campsite bar was a farm with a donkey in a field. On the last night, a couple of fans kidnapped the donkey and rode it into the bar. The farmer was following behind them with a blunderbuss (a very old gun which looked more like a musical instrument) and unleashed a load of lead shot. The donkey survived!

There had been trouble one night after a game, either in Bilbao or San Sabastian. The Spanish National Guard entered the campsite early one morning to make arrests. 

The main annoyance from the England fans on the legitimate campsite was how we had been ripped off and let down by the Sportsworld Travel Company. A representative had agreed to hear our complaints and that he would send their 'ambassador' Bobby Moore, to assist in the matter. However, the meeting would be on the San Sabastian beach at 7 am. 

I couldn't be bothered to go, but a few of the Leeds fans in particular who were really annoyed at Sportsworld turned up. There was Bobby plus a few photographers! Sportsworld's idea of handling complaints was to arrange a brief kickabout with Bobby with the press in attendance. I know one photo made it to the newspapers back home. It was of Bobby Moore being thrown into the sea as part of the fun as portrayed by the media. Sir Bobby Moore was thrown into the sea by the Leeds fans and others not for 'fun' but because he represented Sportsworld and the sham of a travel package.

Despite all this, I did witness the fastest ever world cup goal scored and it was from an England player! 27 seconds after kick off and we were one up. We beat the French 3-1. 

I also hired a car to drive a 400 mile round trip from San Sabastian so that we could watch Northern Ireland play against Yugoslavia. A father and son who supported Chelsea joined us. The son was a groundsman at Stamford Bridge. Who'd have thought that 15 years later I'd be moving to Norn Iron!

Needless to say subsequent World Cup tickets have been arranged differently and with grossly inflated prices!

On 20/04/2018 at 20:43, sticks 1969 said:

If ever a idea backfired it was those beer tents........

ido remember the guy on the tent and it all going tits up that night in Malmö  And the shear vandalism that took place after the police steeped in.being in my early 20;s it all seemed like good fun and made up for the shit football

looking back years later the country had made a effort to make us welcome and most fans just took the piss ( but that was how it was back then) beautiful country but bloody expensive,...

due to the cost of most things not to disappointed when we got knocked out but after doing so well at Italia 90 it was a let down

still have the front page picture from the sun leading up to with Taylor holding a George cross saying sit back and watch England win the tournament 

I was in Malmo in 92. Funny thing was I never saw a punch thrown except on tv in the morning. There was a big fat guy who kept trying to interview anyone that could tell him about fighting. Bloody ludicrous it was Sweden and the local birds wanted to know. 

I reckon all the fighting was done by the England gay supporters branch!

Hope there will a strong city contingent out there ( but not the numbers that usually travel) and maybe see the odd flag. It would be great if any fans going out can keep us updated on how things REALLY are out there...

going from the quarters onwards if England get that far.........

19 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

I went to the qualifying games in Spain 82. The only way you could get legitimate tickets was to buy a full package from Sportsworld. This was supposed to stop hooligans from attending!

The cheapest option was to buy the coach/campsite package deal. The coaches supplied were state of the art from the early 70s! Our campsite was based in a little village a few miles to the west of San Sabastian.

In those days, it was common place to wear your home team shirt. I wore my just relegated into Division 4 Umbro City shirt with pride but I was the only BCFC fan on site. There was a mad Yeovil fan there though.

Across from the campsite bar was a farm with a donkey in a field. On the last night, a couple of fans kidnapped the donkey and rode it into the bar. The farmer was following behind them with a blunderbuss (a very old gun which looked more like a musical instrument) and unleashed a load of lead shot. The donkey survived!

There had been trouble one night after a game, either in Bilbao or San Sabastian. The Spanish National Guard entered the campsite early one morning to make arrests. 

The main annoyance from the England fans on the legitimate campsite was how we had been ripped off and let down by the Sportsworld Travel Company. A representative had agreed to hear our complaints and that he would send their 'ambassador' Bobby Moore, to assist in the matter. However, the meeting would be on the San Sabastian beach at 7 am. 

I couldn't be bothered to go, but a few of the Leeds fans in particular who were really annoyed at Sportsworld turned up. There was Bobby plus a few photographers! Sportsworld's idea of handling complaints was to arrange a brief kickabout with Bobby with the press in attendance. I know one photo made it to the newspapers back home. It was of Bobby Moore being thrown into the sea as part of the fun as portrayed by the media. Sir Bobby Moore was thrown into the sea by the Leeds fans and others not for 'fun' but because he represented Sportsworld and the sham of a travel package.

Despite all this, I did witness the fastest ever world cup goal scored and it was from an England player! 27 seconds after kick off and we were one up. We beat the French 3-1. 

I also hired a car to drive a 400 mile round trip from San Sabastian so that we could watch Northern Ireland play against Yugoslavia. A father and son who supported Chelsea joined us. The son was a groundsman at Stamford Bridge. Who'd have thought that 15 years later I'd be moving to Norn Iron!

Needless to say subsequent World Cup tickets have been arranged differently and with grossly inflated prices!

Saw every game at just 18 with three mates and we hired a car from keynsham.Stayed on a campsite in Bilbao and got tickets out there. Big City mob there who were unimpressed that two of our mates were Gas and remember the goal v France and riot police coming onto terraces. 

Press were outrageous in reporting as no issues in Bilbao and were offering money to fans to start trouble and reporting locals living in fear which was bollocks.

Madrid was mad and dangerous as was just at end of falklands so very hostile ... hid under cars as being chased by locals and was terrified. We went to Benidorm and travelled back to Madrid for Germany/Spain games. We went out without losing a game ! Spain game was hairy and spat on all night as we were all over stadium and isolated.

Scary times but most memorable trip ever and took in loret on way home and made some great mates. 

31 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

and remember the goal v France and riot police coming onto terraces. 

Madrid was mad and dangerous as was just at end of falklands so very hostile ...

We were sitting in the back row of the upper stand. Riot police were obviously afraid of heights and the wet paint which hadn't dried in time for the game!

The England chant for certainly the first game was to the tune of Dad's Army but Mr. Hitler was replaced with General Galtieri. They might have known each other as neighbours after the war!

Archived