IGNORED

I’ve worked out where it all went wrong

Redbo

It’s not LJ’s fault, it’s not Bristol Sport’s fault, it’s not SL’s fault. No. None of these people are culpable for our poor run and horrible slide down the table. The blame lies at the feet (or should I say hand) of one man. Step forward Famara Diedhou. 3-0 up at home to Sunderland, cross comes over, simple header to make it 4-0 and complete his first Bristol City hat-trick. What does he do? The least subtle handball since Maradona. End up drawing 3-3. Confidence sapped. Draw follows defeat follows draw. Thanks for nothing Fam. 

Why is it necessary to apportion blame?    :dunno:

Fact it the loss of form happened and can happen to any team. 

No doubt LJ and his coaches have pondered why it happened and tried various different options to rectify it but when two of your most reliable CBs both fuck up in the same game just highlights how unpredictable form can be.

Get over it and look towards the next game.

Not apportioning blame as such, these things happen- but for me, the turning point was 3 points turning into 0 against Wolves.

I do look back on that last half hour and think 'what if'...Not just three points, but psychologically, confidence wise- plus a knock on effect on Wolves losing a 2 month unbeaten run as would have been the case in the middle of a busy period...

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not apportioning blame as such, these things happen- but for me, the turning point was 3 points turning into 0 against Wolves.

I do look back on that last half hour and think 'what if'...Not just three points, but psychologically, confidence wise- plus a knock on effect on Wolves losing a 2 month unbeaten run as would have been the case in the middle of a busy period...

Yup, so it is now Marlon Pack's fault for not clearing the ball leading up to the Wolves winner?

Can anyone raise me?

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No doubt LJ and his coaches have pondered why it happened and tried various different options to rectify it but when two of your most reliable CBs both fuck up in the same game just highlights how unpredictable form can be.

1. In any job, look at the RACI model @Robbored I'm sure it applies in football also.

2. I'm sure they're pondering. But it 's like Johnson & co have gone down the local sewage plant, hoping to hook out a beautiful 30 pound common carp, yet always hook on floaters. No surprise why.

3. Easier said then done when it comes to "get over it" same trends are active.

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yup, so it is now Marlon Pack's fault for not clearing the ball leading up to the Wolves winner?

Can anyone raise me?

If I was being really picky- and I'm not- but if I was, I might suggest keeping Flint up front at 1-0 was the error, which helped lead to Fielding coming out which eventually helped lead to the highly possible win becoming a gut-wrenching last minute loss.

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Can anyone raise me?

Plain as day. LJ’s fault for leaving Flint up front after we went 1-0 up and seemed to have the game won against 10 man Wolves. Flint back at centre back and frankie would not have rushed out, we would still have had 11 men and the pack incident would not have happened. Just my opinion though. 

9 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

1. In any job, look at the RACI model @Robbored I'm sure it applies in football also.

2. I'm sure they're pondering. But it 's like Johnson & co have gone down the local sewage plant, hoping to hook out a beautiful 30 pound common carp, yet always hook on floaters. No surprise why.

3. Easier said then done when it comes to "get over it" same trends are active.

Ok.....for debating purposes, let's say it was  Steve Allens fault...

So now we know that, does it change the fact that City lost form? 

Answer - no it doesn't.

So......like I said, more on to the next game having accepted the things you cannot change.

15 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Plain as day. LJ’s fault for leaving Flint up front after we went 1-0 up and seemed to have the game won against 10 man Wolves. Flint back at centre back and frankie would not have rushed out, we would still have had 11 men and the pack incident would not have happened. Just my opinion though. 

Totally, absolutely, 100% this.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Answer - no it doesn't.

So......like I said, more on to the next game having accepted the things you cannot change.

We go again, eh? :laughcont:

Not for this thread (please!) but it would be a good start to look to identify what you can change that was wrong.

Reduces the likelihood of repeating the same errors, I’d say.

What was Einstein’s definition of insanity again?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Can anyone raise me?

I think magnusson was caught out of position ball watching as the through ball came through, which caused frankie to run out like an idiot. So its juventus fault for not training him better

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Answer - no it doesn't.

Does it change the fact? Of course not, but those responsible still have to take either ownership or responsibility. Yet it seems no one does. 

I was chatting a couple of days ago about the key "sliding doors" moment for our season.  My top 4 were:

• We lose honourably to Man Utd, getting confidence but no distraction / cockiness.
  • FF not sent off v Wolves (Edit: can't argue with the points above about keeping Flint up front).
  • Bobby gets a pen v Bolton.
  • Kent passes to Pato at 3-0 v Sunderland.

1 minute ago, Red_Wizard said:

Does it change the fact? Of course not, but those responsible still have to take either ownership or responsibility. Yet it seems no one does. 

:facepalm:...........because the cause of the loss of form is imponderable. No clear and obvious reasons are identifiable. If they were then they could be addressed in the most appropriate manner.

There is absolutely, zero point in apportioning blame.

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Answer - no it doesn't.

It is his fault .

In fact he saps the players of their energy and skills .

His real name is Steve Alien .

:shocking:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Exactly. Why is it anyone's fault that we've only won 5 games in 20. :worship2:

27 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Exactly. Why is it anyone's fault that we've only won 5 games in 20. :worship2:

:facepalm:.................it's  not one person or one reason that led to the slump in form. It's an unidentifiable culmination/combination of various factors that are to blame.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

:facepalm:.................it's  not one person or one reason that led to the slump in form. It's an unidentifiable culmination/combination of various factors that are to blame.

So please explain why there is no one to blame in this situation? Yet Gary Johnson gets the blame for everything during his tenure here, which was no way near as eyebrow raising.

1 minute ago, Red_Wizard said:

So please explain why there is no one to blame in this situation? Yet Gary Johnson gets the blame for everything during his tenure here, which was no way near as eyebrow raising.

Your Wrong there RW. When Senior was in charge it was Junior who got the blame for everything - very similar to now so LJ will be used to it.

The main reason we went wrong is simple. Up until Christmas we were trying to win games.

Then after we lost to Villa I think that it knocked our confidence, then we started to try not to lose games.

The rest is history, if we were still going for wins we would be in the play offs imo

Archived