IGNORED

LJ :- It could be a difficult summer..

iamalagerdrinker

2 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

LJ: “It could be a difficult summer and we have to make some strong decisions. They may or may not go down well but I promise the decisions we do make will be for the right reasons for the long-term prospects to get us to where we want to be.” #BRCvHUL

In prep for the big summer sale of Flint, Bryan and Reid (possibly more) whilst trying to hoodwink the ‘customers’ into believing that the club is genuinely moving forward and that the sales are all part of the ‘big plan’....p.s. Make sure you’ve bought your season ticket!

Honestly, anyone who believes the propaganda must have been born yesterday...whilst the realists see some of the turd showing beneath the glitter as they predicted.

Bryan and Flint going I can deal with. I think we could replace them. Kelly and Wright/Vyner could probably step up to some degree  

Reid going would be huge, surely we can fulfill his financial requirements. Tell him we’ll sell him for loads in January if we’re not challenging for promotion. If we could get tomlin to sign surely we can keep hold of Reid for at least another 6 months. 

Just now, Shtanley said:

Bryan and Flint going I can deal with. I think we could replace them. Kelly and Wright/Vyner could probably step up to some degree  

Reid going would be huge, surely we can fulfill his financial requirements. Tell him we’ll sell him for loads in January if we’re not challenging for promotion. If we could get tomlin to sign surely we can keep hold of Reid for at least another 6 months. 

if we get decent offers for Bryan and Flint let them go. Probably only be championship teams in for them.

I have very little issue with players moving on, so long as the money is right and the players wants to, or is at least happy to, leave. Much better way of making money than exploiting the fans. 

If we lose Flint, Bryan, Reid etc, then we lose them and we go again. If we have to rebuild again then that's what we do. I believe most would be understanding of that if not for the price increases, which changes a simple cycle of football, the coming and going of players, into a con. 

Just now, lenred said:

Why come out with this when we still have a (slim) possibilty of getting into the Play Offs? Presume they’ve given up. 

Because the alternative is that he’ll be accused of lying or avoiding the question?

I guess he is alluding to moving players on that might be a surprise and possibly selling Reid if he won’t sign a new contract.

However let’s wait and see what the summer brings before slagging off something that hasn’t happened yet and may well not do so.

16 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

LJ: “It could be a difficult summer and we have to make some strong decisions. They may or may not go down well but I promise the decisions we do make will be for the right reasons for the long-term prospects to get us to where we want to be.” #BRCvHUL

12th in the Championship..minimal spend and 21k s/t sales ! :facepalm:

20 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Come on Lee, tell us where you want us to be. Save all the guessing.

BREAKING NEWS: 

Football club in players leaving shocker! 

It has come to light that Bristol City may be the first football club in history to sell one of the players that some fans would like to keep. 

The same players that get regularly slated after any below par performance. 

It is unlikely that Bristol City will replace any of the departing players and may, at times, compete the 2018/19 Championship season’s matches with less than the permitted 11 players. 

This new policy is the recommendation of chief executive Mark Ashton and Head Coach Lee Johnson. Blame will be attributed elsewhere, temporarily, should transfer dealings result in a promotion push next season, but quickly revert to type the moment that they lose a game or 2. 

There may be an altogether different plan, but “supporters” on club forum “otib” will opt to ignore that and chose not to wait for the facts, before starting a witch hunt.

20 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Just to cap a bad few months

Personally , with my confidence in our wheeling dealing and recruitment 

my thought is

God help us

:wacko::shutup::pray:

:mf_sleep:

19 minutes ago, Super said:

if we get decent offers for Bryan and Flint let them go. Probably only be championship teams in for them.

The tone of Johnson's statement suggests to me that deals are already done, in so far as certain players (not difficult to guess which ones) have agreed to play for someone else next season. This might in part explain some of the poor performances since Xmas - key players with their heads elsewhere and the rest of the squad knowing they're off = an uninspired team.

Whether City get acceptable offers is a different matter but even then, I'm not sure we'd stand in the way of Bryan going to the Prem or deny Flint a move for a second time.

There's been no news about Reid signing an extended contract, even though we were told by Ashton before Xmas that talks were being held. This clearly indicates the lad fancies a move. So he'll have to be sold this summer after we trigger the 1 year extension otherwise we run the risk of getting sweet fa for him in January or nothing at all next summer. 

New heroes will emerge but these particular players - Flint and Bryan especially - have been integral to a remarkable period in City's history which will make their leaving particularly bittersweet. 

7 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I have very little issue with players moving on, so long as the money is right and the players wants to, or is at least happy to, leave. Much better way of making money than exploiting the fans. 

If we lose Flint, Bryan, Reid etc, then we lose them and we go again. If we have to rebuild again then that's what we do. I believe most would be understanding of that if not for the price increases, which change a simple cycle of football, the coming and going of players, into a con. 

Completely agree it’s a part of football players do move on. I’m more worried what LJ will do with the money, he likes to sign alot of players which are no where near first team level.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

BREAKING NEWS: 

Football club in players leaving shocker! 

It has come to light that Bristol City may be the first football club in history to sell one of the players that some fans would like to keep. 

The same players that get regularly slated after any below par performance. 

It is unlikely that Bristol City will replace any of the departing players and may, at times, compete the 2018/19 Championship season’s matches with less than the permitted 11 players. 

This new policy is the recommendation of chief executive Mark Ashton and Head Coach Lee Johnson. Blame will be attributed elsewhere, temporarily, should transfer dealings result in a promotion push next season, but quickly revert to type the moment that they lose a game or 2. 

There may be an altogether different plan, but “supporters” on club forum “otib” will opt to ignore that and chose not to wait for the facts, before starting a witch hunt.

It’s okay, I’ll wait another ten years. Surely you can understand the frustration? It’s not the most intelligent thing to say at this stage of the season and with how things have gone recently.

We can still make the play offs but you wouldn’t think it.

25 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Must say its a bizarre statement to make at this stage of the season when trying to instill a positive attitude in his players.

11 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

If we lose Flint, Bryan, Reid etc, then we lose them and we go again. If we have to rebuild again then that's what we do. I believe most would be understanding of that if not for the price increases, which changes a simple cycle of football, the coming and going of players, into a con. 

Players move on and there will be clubs in the championship who will offer our players the opportunity to  double even possibly treble their wages, can not fault players for that.

The concern for me is the ability to replace those players with someone of a similar quality. Personally I think our transfer dealings under Johnson have been a mixed bag and that has to be a worry if we lose three or four first team players 

23 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

we were challenging for promotion this January and look how that turned out. cant blame him if he wanted to leave.

Archived