IGNORED

LJ :- It could be a difficult summer..

iamalagerdrinker

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Having heard a little whisper that a club in the south of England is considering LJ as it's next permanent manager/Head Coach, it is possible that he was not referring to any players that may also be on their way. 

Bristol Manor Farm? Nice and local. 

5 minutes ago, Savino said:

I'm not one of LJ's biggest fans, but I can't help feeling a bit sorry for him - I think he's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

From the moment the owners failed to back him in the January transfer window (too early for the Prem), the ambitions of some of our best players were trashed, and our fabulously performing team were destined to another season in the Championship. Not great for your motivation!

LJ has had to manage this, albeit not very well, and today's statement is all about moving on players who, basically, stopped turning up - and the party line is that it's for the benefit of the long term "sustainable" club future.

So unfortunately it starts from the very top.

They may well have backed him. Who knows how many millions Diony will have cost us by the time he goes back. 

I'm guessing the thick end of £100 for every single season ticket sold. 

There are 6 players who pre-date LJ and are the heart of the squad.  Bobby Reid, Frank Fielding, Joe Bryan, Aden Flint, Marlon Pack and Korey Smith.  If we lose more than 2 of these I really will worry.  I don't see many of the others as being natural leaders - Wright was only made captain because he was LJ's man.  The natural captain of the team is Korey Smith.  Unless we buy in some grit and nous with Championship experience we will be back to where we were with Cotts and a squad of 14, but the only difference will be the squad will be bigger but the sum of its parts less than before.  

1 hour ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

LJ: “It could be a difficult summer and we have to make some strong decisions. They may or may not go down well but I promise the decisions we do make will be for the right reasons for the long-term prospects to get us to where we want to be.” #BRCvHUL

Presumably they will go down well though, if it’s true that - “the decisions we do make will be for the right reasons for the long-term prospects to get us to where we want to be.”

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Imagine any of them going over the Bridge 

:gaah:

Don’t know about over it

I think I may be off it if that happened 

Nightmare scenario to see any of them there but especially Bobby, Flint or JB. Would be bloody awful! 

Derby managed to get over their exodus:

Sum: £19.15m
Average age of departures: 25,9
Total market value departures: £33.89m
Will Hughes
Central Midfield
22 England
Watford FC Watford
EnglandPremier League
£8.19m

Tom Ince Tom Ince
Left Wing
25 England
Barbados
Huddersfield Town Huddersfield
EnglandPremier League
£8.19m

Cyrus Christie Cyrus Christie
Right-Back
24 Ireland
England
Middlesbrough FC Middlesbrough
EnglandChampionship
£2.52m

Johnny Russell Johnny Russell
Left Wing
27 Scotland
Sporting Kansas City Kansas
United StatesMajor League Soccer
£252k

Jason Shackell Jason Shackell
Centre-Back
34 England
Millwall FC Millwall
EnglandChampionship
Loan

Kelle Roos Kelle Roos
Keeper
25 Netherlands
Plymouth Argyle Plymouth
EnglandLeague One
Loan

Max Lowe Max Lowe
Left-Back
20 England
Shrewsbury Town Shrewsbury
EnglandLeague One
Loan

Kelle Roos Kelle Roos
Keeper
25 Netherlands
Port Vale FC Port Vale
EnglandLeague Two
Loan

Abdoul Camara Abdoul Camara
Left Wing
27 Guinea
France
EA Guingamp Guingamp
FranceLigue 1
Free transfer

Mason Bennett Mason Bennett
Secondary Striker
21 England
Barbados
Notts County Notts County
EnglandLeague Two
Loan

Alefe Santos Alefe Santos
Right Midfield
22 Brazil
England
Yeovil Town Yeovil Town
EnglandLeague Two
Free transfer

Craig Bryson Craig Bryson
Central Midfield
30 Scotland
Cardiff City Cardiff
EnglandChampionship
Loan

Nick Blackman Nick Blackman
Right Wing
27 England
Israel
Maccabi Tel Aviv M. Tel Aviv
IsraelLigat ha'Al
Loan

Chris Martin Chris Martin
Centre-Forward
29 Scotland
England
Reading FC Reading
EnglandChampionship
Loan

Jacob Butterfield Jacob Butterfield
Central Midfield
27 England
Sheffield Wednesday Sheff Wed
EnglandChampionship
Loan

Darren Bent Darren Bent
Centre-Forward
33 England
Jamaica
Burton Albion Burton Albion
EnglandChampionship
Loan

Kasey Palmer Kasey Palmer
Attacking Midfield
21 England
Chelsea FC U23 Chelsea U23
EnglandPremier League 2
End of loan
May 31, 2018

Sam Winnall Sam Winnall
Centre-Forward
27 England
Sheffield Wednesday Sheff Wed
EnglandChampionship
End of loan
May 31, 2018
Transfer results
Earnings/expenditures Arrivals/Departures Transfer fee
Total results +£8.11m
Income 17 £19.15m
Expenditures 16 £11.04m

Staff

• Gary Rowett
    Manager
    Appointed: Mar 14, 2017
    Contract until: 30.06.2021

5 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Presumably they will go down well though, if it’s true that - “the decisions we do make will be for the right reasons for the long-term prospects to get us to where we want to be.”

As well as requests in this thread already for him to explain "where we want to be", I'd also be interested in what he means by "long term".

"If not now, when?" indeed.

20 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And I’d be shocked if Flint doesn’t have a clause in his new contract that he can talk to a Prem Club if they meet a certain valuation (Which won’t be high enough for me at a guess) 

That would explain why he signed a new contract when he did. 

Oh my God our own Matty Taylor scenario ????

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Because the alternative is that he’ll be accused of lying or avoiding the question?

I guess he is alluding to moving players on that might be a surprise and possibly selling Reid if he won’t sign a new contract.

However let’s wait and see what the summer brings before slagging off something that hasn’t happened yet and may well not do so.

Ditto!

Lets see what happens first before jumping to conclusions. In fact I agree that there needs to be a bit of a clear out and can see anything up to 8 or 9 leaving and being replaced with hopefully players who have a bit more quality and staying power.

This is what happens in football these days and if you don’t perform then you are not right for this club. If you want more money and won’t sign a new contract then thanks and good bye

I would be worried if LJ and the club didn’t do this and assess who should stay and who should go

Just now, 1960maaan said:

That would explain why he signed a new contract when he did. 

Oh my God our own Matty Taylor scenario ????

He held the cards , highly rated and playing well , to LJs realisation he was actually integral , and If I was his agent I’d have wanted those clauses with a buy out clause that we know would be met

No great shock if that’s the case

4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Ditto!

Lets see what happens first before jumping to conclusions. In fact I agree that there needs to be a bit of a clear out and can see anything up to 8 or 9 leaving and being replaced with hopefully players who have a bit more quality and staying power.

This is what happens in football these days and if you don’t perform then you are not right for this club. If you want more money and won’t sign a new contract then thanks and good bye

I would be worried if LJ and the club didn’t do this and assess who should stay and who should go

We could have a sweepstake on the total number of signings by the end of the fifth window

Anyone reckon we can hit forty  ?

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

not really that bizarre

Its the classic 'throw someone under the bus'. Whether its someone leaving because they want to...or whether its someone leaving as they are not wanted...it doesnt matter. These type of comments  takes the spot light off of him and his shocking management...and gets the fans putting two and two together about certain players and reasons why we capitulated like we did

Andy what a pity we cant get rid of him and all his booted an suited mates that would save us a lot of money and give us all more hope

Relaxed if this means we will lose some of LJs signings.

The worry is the non-LJ players remain the core of the team, which is a bit of an indictment of his multitude of purchases. It is these core players that other Clubs, I suspect, are sniffing around. 

I share others views in having zero confidence in our current player identification and scouting system so if we lose more than two of the core - Flint, Smith, Bryan, Reid, Pack - then god help us.  

This Summer could well be an absolute disaster. 

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

He’s a professional head coach. You’d think he can manage that, especially with all the support around him.

Like Mourinho at Chelsea? 

7 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

I'm going to wake up soon, on December 27th 2017, still buzzing from a good win yesterday v Reading and eargerly anticipating the Wolves game in a few days time....

If only........a very good way of making it hit home what has actually happened RR!

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

In prep for the big summer sale of Flint, Bryan and Reid (possibly more) whilst trying to hoodwink the ‘customers’ into believing that the club is genuinely moving forward and that the sales are all part of the ‘big plan’....p.s. Make sure you’ve bought your season ticket!

Honestly, anyone who believes the propaganda must have been born yesterday...whilst the realists see some of the turd showing beneath the glitter as they predicted.

Exactly, if the club sells the few players helping us and keeps the crap like it's done int he past I genuinely can't be bothered caring about it. It honestly feels like this club is just going around in circles these days

Archived