IGNORED

LJ :- It could be a difficult summer..

iamalagerdrinker

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Geography was never a strong point of mine.

130px-JerseyWanderers.pngJersey Wanderers ??

Another good effort! 

Talking of islands ....still one of my fave footy stories is when Pompey played a pre season friendly on the Isle of Wight and the islanders sang “you dirty northern bastards” at the Pompey hordes....!

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Agree. I don't think Pack is a Johnson type player. I think he likes more mobile midfielders like Korey, Josh and at previous clubs Pearson and Johnson. That could be the tough decision that fans really wont like. I believe there could be a few shocks this summer.

Only got a year left and his omission with Baker from Brentford game was ......

Strange .........

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

BREAKING NEWS: 

Football club in players leaving shocker! 

It has come to light that Bristol City may be the first football club in history to sell one of the players that some fans would like to keep. 

The same players that get regularly slated after any below par performance. 

It is unlikely that Bristol City will replace any of the departing players and may, at times, compete the 2018/19 Championship season’s matches with less than the permitted 11 players. 

This new policy is the recommendation of chief executive Mark Ashton and Head Coach Lee Johnson. Blame will be attributed elsewhere, temporarily, should transfer dealings result in a promotion push next season, but quickly revert to type the moment that they lose a game or 2. 

There may be an altogether different plan, but “supporters” on club forum “otib” will opt to ignore that and chose not to wait for the facts, before starting a witch hunt.

I can’t wait for the further progress and development of the squad next year.

Exciting times!

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I wonder how much we'd get for Pack. Surprised if it was much more than a million, with only a year left on his contract. That would be pretty poor business really. Maybe Baker gets sold as well. Another one who isnt one of Johnson's favourites I reckon. 

City would be down right idiotic to let Pack go for less than £3m. I cant Baker going anywhere either. It was LJ who signed Baker..

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Although don’t want to see Bobby go, we have survived the last two seasons losing our top striker, I know our recruitment has been patchy but on the striker front we have always got in a 20 a year man, hopefully that continues

Reid has had a great season. Prior to this season bang average and many on OTIB wanted him gone. Can he produce the same form next season? 

I’d like him to stay but if the right offer came in from the right club then we would be wise to let him move on.

26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Agree. I don't think Pack is a Johnson type player. I think he likes more mobile midfielders like Korey, Josh and at previous clubs Pearson and Johnson. That could be the tough decision that fans really wont like. I believe there could be a few shocks this summer.

I was thinking the same when I read LJ's comments.

If we are to continue with the quick passing pressing game then perhaps LJ has identified players that don't have the physical and mental attributes for that playing style, and perhaps some have been found out since January and among them could be players we all regard as fixtures in the team. 

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

We will make a lot of monies, but spend very little is my prediction, sell some greats and replace them with frees and our youth

Like we replaced outgoings with Flint and Pack (ok not free but very cheap) & Bryan and Reid (out youth) not so long ago, yeah?

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

The more I read the forum the more I’m glad I have absolutley nothing to do with football!  The club can’t win whatever they do! 

Show me a public forum where there isn't a mix of views. That's as ludicrous an idea as going onto a Tory website and expecting to find compassionate views on social justice. What are you expecting? 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Not quite though is it.
Baldock joined when we were in the Championship and was 2nd top scorer with 10 (12-13)
Did manage 20+ the following year.
Wilbs was a lucky holiday meeting.
Kodjia , yep
Tammy , yep
Bobby had been with the club and LJ took a punt, FD was the striker scouted.  

Do you really believe that Cotts only signed Wilbs because he “bumped into him on holiday”.

Wow.

Irritating that we have had 5 consecutive 20 goals a season strikers when it doesn’t fit your agenda, isn’t it?

Baldock aside (bought at a Championship price, so no real achievement for him to get goals in League One) I’d argue we have got the other 4 very right.

Far easier targets to criticise in our recruitment than these..

Couldn't win once he got asked the question, answers honestly gets criticised for saying the likely truth before the end of the season, if he'd dodged the question some would have have vocally criticised him for dodging hard questions. 

5 hours ago, Nick Wilde said:

Completely agree it’s a part of football players do move on. I’m more worried what LJ will do with the money, he likes to sign alot of players which are no where near first team level.

I'd like to know if he has anything to do with who we sign. Is he just given the tools (no January pun intended) and told to get on with it?

Let's hope someone, anyone at Ashton Gate knows what they are doing in terms of serious recruitment, otherwise this time next year I fear LJ will be saying, 'Going back to league 1 will give us a great opportunity to rebuild and take us to where we want to be.  I believe Engvall and Diony will be a strike force to be reckoned with in league 1'.

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

Having just fought the internet for 5 minutes to see that interview I was never going to be in the best of moods when it finally loaded.

Viewing it certainly didn't improve that fact.

"Ryan Kent will be a £10m player but it just didn't work here" 

I am frankly, lost for words..........

If that is not a damning inditement of our recruitment and coaching then what is.......

#toocosy

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

I was thinking the same when I read LJ's comments.

If we are to continue with the quick passing pressing game then perhaps LJ has identified players that don't have the physical and mental attributes for that playing style, and perhaps some have been found out since January and among them could be players we all regard as fixtures in the team. 

What is this quick passing and pressing game you speak of?

We play hofball now.

Maybe we should have identified that fact in January into now.

If we lose Bryan & Reid for big money then isn’t that what the academy is for? School them, play them, sell them? 

To be honest, Bryan is shit and I for one hope he goes. Reid has had one good season in 7 years. He’s been great, don’t get me wrong, but will he do this again next year? If we can get over £10m for the pair of them then it justifies the academy. 

Not sure what the big beef is here. Our players who attracted interest in our successful half season will have suitors. All clubs are selling clubs except perhaps Man C & Barca.  The problem is getting replacements in, with which, based on his recruitment strategy so far, I don’t trust Mark Ashton one iota. 

1 hour ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I'd like to know if he has anything to do with who we sign. Is he just given the tools (no January pun intended) and told to get on with it?

We can only go on what LJ himself has said, i.e. that he has the final yes or no say on every player City sign.

Archived