IGNORED

LJ :- It could be a difficult summer..

iamalagerdrinker

8 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I can't see Paterson being in demand.

And others have mentioned Bobby demanding big wages to stay, but in all fairness he's only given us one really good season.

Even if he was it would not be a great loss. For me, to be a playoff team, Pato is a bench player for the most part. Someone you bring on to change a game. Can’t rely on him for an entire season. We have quite of a few of those in my opinion. We need to add to the squad not decimate it. The club do need to protect themselves though.

Reid hasn’t signed a new contract(no one knows what he has been offered). So we should probably take the money for him. 

Flint is late 20s and peak value. New contract though and I have come around and think we should keep unless daft money(10+ mil).

Bryan I would not be gutted to see go as he under LJ he will be played at LB. Should be used further forward or in a midfield 3 with Brownhill and Pack/Smith. If he does go that money can be used elsewhere as Kelly and Magnusson can split time at LB. Gives Mags minutes and brings Kelly along but at a pace he shouldn’t get worn out on. 

Baker I think is our best defensive CB. On the ball leaves a lot to be desired though. Can him and Flint coexist in a LJ team? Tough one. 

15 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

In prep for the big summer sale of Flint, Bryan and Reid (possibly more) whilst trying to hoodwink the ‘customers’ into believing that the club is genuinely moving forward and that the sales are all part of the ‘big plan’....p.s. Make sure you’ve bought your season ticket!

Honestly, anyone who believes the propaganda must have been born yesterday...whilst the realists see some of the turd showing beneath the glitter as they predicted.

Precisely this-and exactly why Lee will prove again to be bombproof....he will do & say what he is told to....................Mr Malleable.

15 hours ago, Lew-T said:

There are THREE games left with everything to play for. If I was a player, that’s not putting me at ease.

There is no need to come out with it now.

A leaf out of the Mark Ashton guide on 'diplomacy !?..

P.S.......if your looking for it on Amazon,comes under 'Beginners'..

15 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Because the alternative is that he’ll be accused of lying or avoiding the question?

I guess he is alluding to moving players on that might be a surprise and possibly selling Reid if he won’t sign a new contract.

However let’s wait and see what the summer brings before slagging off something that hasn’t happened yet and may well not do so.

So why doesnt he stfu until the end of the season?

We, like everyone else outside the top handful of clubs in world football, are a selling club. 

Not really news is it? 

I’ve long stopped getting attached to individual players. It’s funny how for the last three months no ones had a positive word to say about anyone and then everyone goes batshit about the prospect of them being elsewhere. 

Funny old game. 

Personally I’m happy to see churn of players. Were it not for Tammy leaving, Reid wouldn’t have played etc. Were it not for us needing a centre back, Flint wouldn’t be here etc. If bigger clubs are in for our players it means we’re doing something right in either recruitment, academy or both.

More importantly, Uncle Steve and his magic bottomless wallet isn’t going to be here forever - we need to be able to sustain ourselves as a business. If that day comes when we need to live within our own generated means, then a few are in for a serious reality check about our place in the world....

Well there you go....from the horses mouth. Pretty much everything I've been banging on about the last few weeks, re injuries, form and January window, budgets etc.

And even with that interview, some still don't seem to understand the situation at the club re money etc.:facepalm:

Reminds me of. Napoleon

He advanced into Russia, took Moscow, failed to deal with the winter and guerrila resistance 

He ordered a retreat and three years later was on St Helena 

Moral if you don’t keep advancing, and order a retreat instead, then the endgame will be defeat

His Moscow was our Wolves game

His retreat was our January window

his Waterloo, our .......

2 minutes ago, screech said:

It would be suicidal to lose Joe Bryan and Bobby Reid before they have reached their peak, same for Brownhill, Smith, Pack and ODowda. If we are serious about getting promoted you have to keep hold of talent.

I am 99% sure that Bobby and Joe will not be with us come the start of next season.

Bobby is stalling to see what league we will be in next season , that is pretty evident now so he knows he can get a super contract with a big club that could set him up for life .

Career wise he stays at BCFC with all the excuses about not being able to pay the wages for top players , which he is , and little hope of making the Prem in the near future.

What would you do ?

Equally , Joe , many clubs are reported to be looking at him .

The same logic applies plus we have Kelly and Mags who can cover his loss to the time .

Add in LJ's comments about his dip in form and, for me , it all adds up .

It must equally be said that these two have been here for donkey's years and may simply fancy a new challenge and who could blame them for it ?

Sorry I am struggling with this uproar.

Stated aim of the club, "create a competitive squad by buying players, developing them and passing them on at a good profit and repeat whilst developing our own home grown talent". 

People are surprised that selling players is part of this process? :blink:

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry I am struggling with this uproar.

Stated aim of the club, "create a competitive squad by buying players, developing them and passing them on at a good profit and repeat whilst developing our own home grown talent". 

People are surprised that selling players is part of this process? :blink:

Uproar is possibly more about the timing.

LJ has given up this season so why should the players give a shit - and why should people turn up ?

10 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Uproar is possibly more about the timing.

LJ has given up this season so why should the players give a shit - and why should people turn up ?

Wow, then people are reading a lot into a statement that is one of the most obvious things he could have said. We all know that the squad still needs balancing out and the only way we can really generate the kind of cash for that is to sell people. That will need to happen if we make the play offs or not, so I don't see it as "giving up". Imagine the uproar if he had said, "happy with the squad, no one will be leaving and we will have a year of stagnation".  We all know that clubs and Managers have very little say if a player stays or goes these days, they will be aware of what players agents are telling their clients and what they need to plan for. 

29 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I am 99% sure that Bobby and Joe will not be with us come the start of next season.

Hav:- Thats a pretty high percentage chance there Maj, how so?

Equally , Joe , many clubs are reported to be looking at him .

Add in LJ's comments about his dip in form and, for me , it all adds up .

Hav: Call me naive but if a player has his head turned and stops playing he should have his wages docked... arhhhh the utopian days before Jimmy Chin.

It must equally be said that these two have been here for donkey's years and may simply fancy a new challenge and who could blame them for it ?

Hav: Not in the first team though have they.  its all heresay anyway; agent & made up journo talk (probably) and if Bryan's form has dropped he is not exactly helping himself get a job elsewhere is he; he would have to be pretty dumm and dummer to down tools over a head turn. So with regards to your analysis I say bollox. . it is not often I finish a sentence with a relative profanity. Oddly enough it felt reasonably good. I can see why people use such words now. I must come out from under my stone more often. No offence Maj; thought I would try it out on one of the stalwarts. :) 

No-one else has said it, so I will.

I would be most concerned if LJ left. (Yes, I am being serious)

Like it or not, the powers that be have made a decision regarding how they want this club to progress, and how they believe this will ultimately lead to success. This requires a manager/coach to buy in to this "project" (God I hate that word) and in Lee they have that. I also think sticking with the current plan WILL get us there.

Getting rid of Lee would most likely mean taking huge steps backwards and starting from scratch, and would be a massive mistake in my opinion.

I'm no different to anyone else in that I'm massively disappointed/frustrated in our fall from grace since the turn of the year, but I saw enough in the first half of the season to leave me optimistic that we are going in the right direction.

As far as players go, keeping Bobby is a must for me. He is the perfect player for the style of football that we had such success with pre Christmas.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Two tweets actually. The one with “difficult summer” and the other “it’s down to negotiations with agents”.

To put that tweet up and then delete it does seem very amateurish. This has obviously caused a stir and not just on OTIB.

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

To put that tweet up and then delete it does seem very amateurish. This has obviously caused a stir and not just on OTIB.

Was thinking when I first saw it how a player might react if there's a possibility we might go backwards next season. Not exactly an enticing proposition is it?

23 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Wow, then people are reading a lot into a statement that is one of the most obvious things he could have said. We all know that the squad still needs balancing out and the only way we can really generate the kind of cash for that is to sell people. That will need to happen if we make the play offs or not, so I don't see it as "giving up". Imagine the uproar if he had said, "happy with the squad, no one will be leaving and we will have a year of stagnation".  We all know that clubs and Managers have very little say if a player stays or goes these days, they will be aware of what players agents are telling their clients and what they need to plan for. 

So if we got promoted it will be a difficult summer rather than an exciting one?

Hes given up this season.

Fans are so fickle especially on here. 

Every club has to sell players because they are driven by the money, the players ambition, the agent, ect.

Lee has been honest about this and is seemed to be chastised for doing so. 

To all you delusional fans that expect us to keep our best players and bat away bigger clubs, stay within FFP, Pay big wages to bring in so called 'established' players and all this with making the tickets cheaper need to get a reality check.

You all seem to forget Lee has essentially made us 10 million profit just on Bobby Reid if he is sold (which I think he will be) of course this is also down to Bobby's personal hard work but I struggle to think of another manager that would have taken the risk to develop Bobby into a striker.

And finally to all the comments talking about bad timing of the announcement - So what? If people are put off with buying a season ticket just because the board or LJ are not promising a spending spree and that we will keep our best players then sod off.

I will be a ticket holder for city regardless of our transfer activity because I'm a loyal fan foremost and not a blinded success hungry follower.

Archived