IGNORED

LJ to West Brom?

Jacki

16 minutes ago, nickolas said:

So Dean Smith has spent the near £20m that LJ has spent? Never! I cant see that. Really?

Was interested so had a look

If Transfermarket have it near right

£23m over the 3  seasons 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-brentford/transfers/verein/1148/saison_id/2017

Having said that - over the same period they generated

a staggering

£55 million in fees received 

:blink::blink:

:clap:

Using the same source 

Our fees paid in those same 3  seasons approx £30m

Fees Received approx  £18m

Bookies no sweet FA, WBA are going to be a basket case club - 3 manager in a season is it??

Playing in Championship and taking a manager who plays nice football and gets results for half a season 

If I was LJ I wouldn’t entertain that club thinking I have a shelf life of about 3 months especially if they’re not top 2 by Christmas

42 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The most depressing thing is we have nearly four months of this sort of shite to endure from The Post.

Wait until we’re back to “you’ll never guess what (insert name of random City player) said on social media during his holiday”...

Not a chance LJ will get this job or him even being in the running to do so.

Word is he's on the short list.

3 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

You are joking aren't you 

Not at all.

LJ has City playing (at times) some of the best football I have seen here in my 35+ years of support.

We are not in the best of form at the moment, and he does seem to have made a habit of these slumps, but the slumps are getting less harsh and I believe he will sort it out given time.

We are improving on the pitch, and I really don't see any available managers that would be an improvement.

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

It was another current Premier club that someone mentioned to me as being interested in our leader. Whether the person is ITK I cannot tell, but he/she is a lot closer to City than me.

No smoke without a fire but both of them seem like total speculation at the moment.

Southampton?

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was interested so had a look

If Transfermarket have it near right

£23m over the 3  seasons 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-brentford/transfers/verein/1148/saison_id/2017

Having said that - over the same period they generated

a staggering

£55 million in fees received 

:blink::blink:

:clap:

Using the same source 

Our fees paid in those same 3  seasons approx £30m

Fees Received approx  £18m

Blimey!!!! :grr:

37 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

That is not going to happen. JL made that clear when sacking SOD and SL is absolutely certain that the plan has to work, so that rules out a lot of good candidates.

I know that it's very, very unlikely.

I don't think LJ is going anywhere for a very long time even in the unlikely event some desperate club believes the hype and tries to poach him.

He certainly won't be sacked whatever happens.

I made my thoughts clear on another thread that I believe the plan is for LJ to be in situ when JL: takes over and there is the intention he will become City's longest ever serving manager.

He probably knows it too!

That record stands at 17 years I believe, and no, I'm really not joking.

36 minutes ago, nickolas said:

So Dean Smith has spent the near £20m that LJ has spent? Never! I cant see that. Really?

Maybe if you did 30 secs research instead of just guessing you’d have known ;) 

They aren’t a small spending club. As said above and below, what they do excellently is making big profit on some of their players

9 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

made my thoughts clear on another thread that I believe the plan is for LJ to be in situ when JL: takes over and there is the intention he will become City's longest ever serving manager.

He probably knows it too!

That record stands at 17 years I believe, and no, I'm really not joking.

Arhhh so this is the reason he has insufficient funds to bring players in of the Lewis Grabban calibre even though millions have been spent; the budget is all tied up with Johnson himself which is why, ironically, he can moan about the budget!

38 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I think we all know that's very unlikely to happen mate.

Can you imagine Mark Ashton telling MM he had a striker from France lined up.

MA - "He hasn't scored all season though, and he's a bit down in the dumps"

MM - "Tha can go fuck thee sen"

Door slams.........

Sounds good to me Glyn, and should bring a big grin to SL's face too if he values his cash.

MM has come over a bit dour and jaded both personally and in terms of the teams he sends out at Ipswich ( not surprisingly given the restraints there) but a slightly more chirpy McCarthy having a final hurrah at AG with the aim of taking City to the PL (with the personal and financial backing LJ has enjoyed) would be a good fit imo.

I'm aware it wouldn't happen, even if LJ goes, and that certainty is to our detriment as a club imo.

If it were to happen, when he goes on one of his slumps (and it will happen), he wouldn't be given time to recover like he had here - he'd be straight out the door.

I don't believe he will be going anywhere anytime soon, and I think someone like West Brom will go for one of the usual suspects in a bid to go straight back up. 

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Interestingly, whilst quickly glancing through that article, our old friend Del is also being linked as well. Previous links to the club, and done well in Scotland. If they were to take a punt on anyone, it might be him rather than LJ.  Perhaps they'll see his spell here as a blip, and because of his success North of the border, think that he's learned from his mistakes....

Johnson will still be here in August. 

8 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Thats a simple cut and paste job from one Trinity Mirror news office to another.. The group own dozens of titles, and are the largest regional paper owner in the country including BP and BM.

These rag mags really are crap. Made up stories wasting peoples time with fake news half the time; it seems they are good at it though.

9 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Thats a simple cut and paste job from one Trinity Mirror news office to another.. The group own dozens of titles, and are the largest regional paper owner in the country including BP and BM.

These rag mags really are crap. Made up stories wasting peoples time with fake news half the time; it seems they are good at it though.

Certainly keeps OTIB going . 

:laughcont:

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Mike McCarthy did an amazing job at Ipswich and he was under much harsher budgetary constraints than a Bristol City manager would be....

Not like you to throw in poorly researched "FACTS".

08EA482B-33B2-4DEC-A9A1-106FF33EB117.thumb.png.e17fff0e8b5662fd0c2054467102e132.png

ipswich and Birmingham from 16/17 accounts are probably the teams most like Bristol City financially.  For however big Ipswich once were, they are now a bottom half / bottom 8 club at this level....like ourselves.

I see the close season media bullshit has started. 

Lee Johnson is the most successful manager since his dad - who himself was the most successful manager since Alan Dicks. I can’t go back further than that because I simply don’t know and that’s where my City timeline began. 

I find it remarkable that people want him gone when we are within 4 points of a playoff place in a season where we have never been in the bottom half. 

Don’t get me wrong - I wanted him gone when we went on that disastrous run last season, but this is different. 

We lost to Middlesbrough at their place - big deal - they are one of the highest spending clubs in this division and we are one of the lowest. 

I think he should go to West Brom - just to get away from the self-destructive vitriol he is getting here. 

Some people need to be reminded what happened the last time we sacked/lost an established manager when sitting comfortably in the Championship - or perhaps a few seasons of struggling, punctuated with a league 1 spell is what people find appealing. 

I dont. 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Sounds good to me Glyn, and should bring a big grin to SL's face too if he values his cash.

MM has come over a bit dour and jaded both personally and in terms of the teams he sends out at Ipswich ( not surprisingly given the restraints there) but a slightly more chirpy McCarthy having a final hurrah at AG with the aim of taking City to the PL (with the personal and financial backing LJ has enjoyed) would be a good fit imo.

I'm aware it wouldn't happen, even if LJ goes, and that certainty is to our detriment as a club imo.

I like MM but I' m not convinced TBH

She has relatives in Mangotsfield.

Someone my wife knows says she attended a family party at the Village Hall, and one of the dad’s didn’t know who she was, and thought he was being chatted up.....until his wife told him who she was and she was being friendly. :P

Archived