IGNORED

Help required from 'senior' supporters

Kid in the Riot

54 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Yep I recognise it, had one in the 1960's as a Supporters Club Member and a lapel badge in the form of a robin. Good old Arthur Fowler.  God rest his soul. Great Days

I still have my Robin supporters club badge from the 60's,  pride of place in my football badge collection.

11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, a supporter's booklet! Here are the pages; an amazing read!

20180420_070432.jpg

20180420_070516.jpg

20180420_070537.jpg

Yes I remember mine, sadly was probably thrown away or lost,  but as I said in a previous post I still have the supporters club badge with the robin and if anyone is interested in seeing a photo of it,  I will take one and post it on this thread.

13 hours ago, KernowRed said:

I have this book somewhere, it has my annual membership details and several autographs of players. I can remember Dermot Curtis signed it amongst others. Will be mid to late 50s and went to the club under the Williams stand most evenings, usually playing Darts, Skittles and Bingo! with mates.

One day I will find it.

I have one somewhere but it wasn't mine but belonged to a work colleague.

On 20/04/2018 at 13:20, Nogbad the Bad said:

I suspect you're a spring chicken Ted compared with the likes of @cidered abroad @Ivorguy @EstoniaTallinnRed @Aizoon and probably quite a few more posters who haven't divulged their ages.

@Rednready doesn't seem to post these days but stood out as OTIB's most mature contributor a few years ago.

He had some fascinating stories to tell, hope he's OK.

I hope you're not calling me mature! Old, I'll admit to....

• Admin
3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

@Esmond Million's Bung @cidered abroad @slartibartfast @EstoniaTallinnRed @oldstandrobin @KernowRed @Never to the dark side @Kingswood Robin

I found the missing bit of paper for the back of the booklet, as below, which confirms it's nearly 60 years old. Older than we all thought!

20180523_100256.jpg

I’ll have you know that’s a long way from being nearly 60 years old...... says someone born in ‘61 :)

On 21/04/2018 at 08:29, gamon said:

A friend of his sadly informed us of his passing several years ago.

He's never posted since so I assume it was a genuine friend.

He posted last year and was last online December 7th.

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

@Esmond Million's Bung @cidered abroad @slartibartfast @EstoniaTallinnRed @oldstandrobin @KernowRed @Never to the dark side @Kingswood Robin

I found the missing bit of paper for the back of the booklet, as below, which confirms it's nearly 60 years old. Older than we all thought!

20180523_100256.jpg

OK my best guess would be supporters club membership card.

I can remember that the BCFC supporters club have been in existence pretty much as long as I can recall which is 60 years this year.

Excluding playing the gas at the Ikeadrome, 1960/61 was the season of my first proper away game Easter Monday 3rd April at Torquay 0-0 with my paternal grandfather who lived in Devon and I was visiting for the school hols.

Archived