IGNORED

OTIB: the home of fake news

DaveInSA

15 hours ago, Unan said:

The under 25s know how to find non-bias information for themselves and create rational opinions based on facts. It’s the older people who blindly read the same 3 newspapers all owned by the same 1 company.

And this, as all we oldies know, is why all Prime Ministers and Presidents should be 25 and under, so we can make the most of young peoples' talents while they still know everything.

'Every generation blames the one before'. What an apt quote. 

I do wonder what the young 'uns of today would have made of the world us late 40's / 50+ year old supporters grew up in? The 3 day week, the cold war, punk, Maggie, Blair, Reagan, space wars, nuclear attack adverts, only 2/3 TV channels, the miners strike, the paper strike, Arthur Scargill etc etc?  

I remember the power going off at 6pm every night for what seemed a long time. Imagine that now? No internet!!!! :shocking: They would have to talk to each other or use a (forgotten word) library!!

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I do wonder what the young 'uns of today would have made of the world us late 40's / 50+ year old supporters grew up in? The 3 day week, the cold war, punk, Maggie, Blair, Reagan, space wars, nuclear attack adverts, only 2/3 TV channels, the miners strike, the paper strike, Arthur Scargill etc etc?  

I remember the power going off at 6pm every night for what seemed a long time. Imagine that now? No internet!!!! :shocking: They would have to talk to each other or use a (forgotten word) library!!

So they  could read in the dark ...

On 21/04/2018 at 00:49, Ska Junkie said:

I'm sure we'd have done just fine.

By the same token that younger generations should respect their predecessors, I expect the vice versa to be true... 

We do actually talk to each other and some even use libraries can you believe?!

Archived