IGNORED

Could the 'Singing Section' be in jeopardy?

Mr Popodopolous

This thread maybe bullshit, and I definitely hope it is.

To explain- as we know WBA had their bid to get safe standing trial up and running rejected and since then, the Sports Minister has said unconvinced and that her preferred solution would be for the all-seater rules to be enforced properly, or words to that effect. I foresee issues ahead, though maybe I'm wrong- I hope this thread is!

Further evidence as part of that chain:

So, in case anyone doesn't know why away fans stand seemingly without much interference, now we know.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43832443

Please understand- I'm not pointing the finger at any potential theoretical (though remote) change at the club, or even to an extent the SAG but the Sports Minister.

I just keep imagining the trouble that trying to get 1000+ people to sit down will cause every week. The police and the stewards turn a bind eye now for convenience, they know they can't pick on individuals without ending up in a slanging match and accusations of bias. 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I fully agree @Port Said Red

I don't think it is in jeopardy personally, but it's not impossible if she insists. It would be chaos...the only sensible way forward is to keep it as it is.

I know, they just sit in their ivory towers spouting this nonsense not thinking about the consequences and implications of what they do. I am fed up with being treated differently because I am a football supporter. Why is it that the around 1500 people who have a dual season ticket to Bristol City and Bristol "Bears" can only drink in their seats whilst watching one set of those games and no one has a problem with those fans standing all game? I wonder if it has anything to do with which game is most popular in Public Schools?

39 minutes ago, harrys said:

She reminds me of the awful Colin Moynihan (miniature of sport) who was the sports minister under the wicked witch during the ‘80s

What a complete cringeworthy snakelike posh toff weasel that a*********e   was

A lot of violence from the Italian Carabeneri waiting for England fans in 90 came as a direct result of comments from that Ginger Haired slimeball

Wrote to him and Thatcher at the time telling them  so , and what a disgrace they were , selling out on our fans

His involvement in sport was rowing for Cambridge University 4ths or something so shite 

:grr:

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What a complete cringeworthy snakelike posh toff weasel that a*********e   was

A lot of violence from the Italian Carabeneri waiting for England fans in 90 came as a direct result of comments from that Ginger Haired slimeball

Wrote to him and Thatcher at the time telling them  so , and what a disgrace they were , selling out on our fans

His involvement in sport was rowing for Cambridge University 4ths or something so shite 

:grr:

Like a public schoolboy....only smaller.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Oh yes, ultimately.

I'm talking the short term, immediate issue- don't know how the Sports Minister proposes to make 1k sit down at AG, and similar up and down the country though! :laughcont:

It's a bit worrying when they state that 'celebrating in seated areas can lead to injury'.

Will we be forced to applaud politely? :bones: 

I wouldn't put it past them to try…WTAF :ranting::redcard:

This bint who appears to be in charge is a woman from Kent, who supports Spurs, who has no football club within her constituency, but is deemed fit to do this job and judge this because she’s coached a junior girls team. 

I don’t hold out much hope of getting anything from this Tory government as a whole, let alone this wannabe bint. 

1 hour ago, Enter Sandman said:

This bint who appears to be in charge is a woman from Kent, who supports Spurs, who has no football club within her constituency, but is deemed fit to do this job and judge this because she’s coached a junior girls team. 

I don’t hold out much hope of getting anything from this Tory government as a whole, let alone this wannabe bint. 

Vile woman. It's the blatant lies which really grate on me.

Archived