IGNORED

A plea to the players

Top Robin

I know some of you are really not happy here, disillusioned with various things and probably looking to leave in the summer but there are just three game left and we do have a very slim chance of sneaking into the play offs.

FFS please just give it one final extraordinary effort over these last three games if not for yourselves then for the loyal fans who have in the main been brilliant over this topsy turvy season.

Another incentive for you must be the thought of playing in the playoffs with all the excitement, full TV coverage and exposure for you with the the hope of playing the Premier League as the prize.

And if you are looking to leave in the summer then these last three games are your shop window to put in good performances to really maximise your value, to perhaps be snapped up by a quality club and therefore put more money in your pocket.

So, in these last three games lets at least see you putting everything into it and coming off that pitch absolutely knackered knowing you have done all you can for yourself, the fans and the club.

9 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I know some of you are really not happy here, disillusioned with various things and probably looking to leave in the summer but there are just three game left and we do have a very slim chance of sneaking into the play offs.

FFS please just give it one final extraordinary effort over these last three games if not for yourselves then for the loyal fans who have in the main been brilliant over this topsy turvy season.

Another incentive for you must be the thought of playing in the playoffs with all the excitement, full TV coverage and exposure for you with the the hope of playing the Premier League as the prize.

And if you are looking to leave in the summer then these last three games are your shop window to put in good performances to really maximise your value, to perhaps be snapped up by a quality club and therefore put more money in your pocket.

So, in these last three games lets at least see you putting everything into it and coming off that pitch absolutely knackered knowing you have done all you can for yourself, the fans and the club.

This is a probably a well-meant posting, but it’s spoilt by the assumptions in the first sentence. If you really know these things, then please share the facts with us.

I’ve seen no evidence of a lack of effort from the players.

Just now, Out of his pie crust said:

Nothing like a bit of optimism. Looking forward to it myself 

Optimism or happy clapping?!

4 wins in 2018. Heat will play a factor to slow the game down. Everything we dont want when LJ is quoting ‘pressing game’. 

Im looking forward to the weather if that helps you. :clap:

5 minutes ago, nickolas said:

4 wins in 2018. Heat will play a factor to slow the game down. Everything we dont want when LJ is quoting ‘pressing game’. 

So just like the weather when we smashed Wolves 3-1 this time last year then (on the back of a 5-0 drubbing at Preston) ;)

17 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Nope. 23 degrees today. Game will be played at a snails pace with LJ sighting the heat as ‘unbelievable’. 

Borefest 0-0 i think. 

As Ricky Tomlinson might say, heat my arse! It’s Ashton Gate in April, for Christ’s sake, not bloody Equatorial Africa.

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

They put everything into every game, clearly.  This is a nonsense post

Just now, RedDave said:

They put everything into every game, clearly.  This is a nonsense post

They did earlier in the season Dave but is it so clear to see that more recently they haven't. 

By the the look of some of the performances and body language they are not happy and consequently not trying their hardest. 

I'm not talking about all of them, just a few. 

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

I bet the ‘heat’ is used in post match interviews!

You might well be right. Not disagreeing with you at all on that point, just pointing out how absurd it would be if that were to be offered as an excuse for a poor game. The low twenties is a pleasantly warm Spring day, not a heatwave.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

This is a probably a well-meant posting, but it’s spoilt by the assumptions in the first sentence. If you really know these things, then please share the facts with us.

I’ve seen no evidence of a lack of effort from the players.

A bit presumptuous of the OP to make a statement like that. Perhaps it’s more the OPs state of mind and not that of the players

2 hours ago, Top Robin said:

They did earlier in the season Dave but is it so clear to see that more recently they haven't. 

By the the look of some of the performances and body language they are not happy and consequently not trying their hardest. 

I'm not talking about all of them, just a few. 

Think you are being naive.  Lack of confidence can sometimes look like lack of effort.  Dont confuse the two.

Just now, RedDave said:

Think you are being naive.  Lack of confidence can sometimes look like lack of effort.  Dont confuse the two.

I think we'll agree to differ Dave but I have watched them all season and in my eyes recently there are definitely two or three who aren't putting 100% in. 

3 hours ago, nickolas said:

Getting sick to death of anyone daring to be optimistic being dismissed as a happy clapper. If there’s even a slim chance of a play off place why not dream a little?

4 wins in 2018 does not mean we can’t win today.

As for the heat, it’s about 20 degrees and there’s rain about. Not exactly Dubai.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Getting sick to death of anyone daring to be optimistic being dismissed as a happy clapper. If there’s even a slim chance of a play off place why not dream a little?

4 wins in 2018 does not mean we can’t win today.

As for the heat, it’s about 20 degrees and there’s rain about. Not exactly Dubai.

The same sick to death as being criticised for daring to have an opinion you mean?!

enjoy your afternoon clapping! :clapping:

Archived