IGNORED

The day LJ proved he hasn't got it

mrevans

I don’t want to go back over the 2/3 goal leads (Most late in game) that we’ve thrown away both last season and this 

but if that alone doesn’t prove that LJ may as well go home once he’s picked the side because he sure isn’t able to stop landslides of momentum or tactically effect games

Thats a massive problem IMHO with no sign of any learning

26 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

All 5 goals were absolutely soft as shit. Shit keeper, shit full backs and shit centre backs today.

If I was Diedhiou or Reid I’d be absolutely fuming at some of my team mates tonight

If I was Reid I would take Diedhiou to one side and ask him how much more of your running do you want me to do next week? 

27 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Luckily I'll be dead long before that !  :fingerscrossed:

:cool:

awwww... don't be like that, you got at least 30 years left surely. You must hang on for when an ageing Lee Johnson finally takes City to the promised land with Steve Lansdown 3 years short of a letter from King William, hard of hearing and blind as a bat tells Lee... "You're fired. You can write what you like about me now Johnson, I don't give a rats arse anymore"

22 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think Arsenal have had their fill of managers who try and produce fancy football but ultimately win bugger all

I never considered Wenger's tactics as suicidal though.

Oh the joy of hindsight!  I didn’t hear a single person around me question the substitution at the time.  Seemed to me the right move - we were 4-2 up and there was every reason to believe that there were more goals to be had.  Significantly improving our goal difference would have been like an extra point to us, and Bobby had already demonstrated that he could pull Hull apart coming from the left wing.  

What no one would have expected was the way the defence caved in.  Pisano was disastrous, Fielding all over the place, and there was no leadership from anyone by the look of it.  It’s time the players took responsibility for their errors, rather that the manager being scapegoated all the time.  Today, for me, it wasn’t a question of tactical errors, it was a case of players not doing what they’re paid to do.  We need a new right back, there’s no question about that, and perhaps a new goalkeeper.  Given his form in the second half of the season, I’m less than alarmed at the prospect of losing Flint, and I’m looking forward to Kelly and Vyner making a significant contribution next season.

At times today our attacking play was breathtaking, but we have to be able to defend.  Though he has had his dodgy moments, it really felt that what we missed most today was Bailey Wright’s presence and leadership.

6 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

awwww... don't be like that, you got at least 30 years left surely. You must hang on for when an ageing Lee Johnson finally takes City to the promised land with Steve Lansdown 3 years short of a letter from King William, hard of hearing and blind as a bat tells Lee... "You're fired. You can write what you like about me now Johnson, I don't give a rats arse anymore"

I never considered Wenger's tactics as suicidal though.

No, true!

Simple fact is half the players on the pitch are absolute bottle jobs. Fielding, baker and pisano are useless, flint looks like he is fed up of the shite around him and bryan looks like he cant be bothered and is a left back that cant actually defend! If a club offers anything like our asking price in the summer we'll be laughing. The players are mentally weak and cant handle it when the going gets tough

25 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Reid went to the left well before Korey went off

Oh ffs. 

Did i mention that was at the same time? Nope. It was a mention of everything LJ fckud up. Anyone remember Sunderland home? Similar failings there too.

you arent LJ are you?!

i suppose you heard him blame the players and not his tactical failings afterwards too? Yes players ofcourse to blame for mistakes on the pitch yet his substitutions and the negative 451 formation got Hull back into a game they werent in.  

1 hour ago, ReggyRed said:

Laughable the manager gets the blame today.

Players always get protected. They were a joke today

I have a stable full of hobby horses frankly but one is the fact that players rarely take, or are expected to take, personal responsibility.

Flint's admission last week that Boro's winner was his fault stood out for me because it is such a rare event. Then again he came up the hard way whereas most players are mollycoddled from a tender age.

Most of us don't have the option of letting our boss take the flak, and indeed get the sack, for our failures while we carry on as before.

6 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

That’s a very poor summary of what he said.  He said we needed strength and leadership, a Roy Keane type player.

Amazing it’s taken 2 1/2 years and 30 odd recruits before he’s started to realise what’s been discussed and highlighted on here a number of times

a Captain who’s lost total control of the ship 

Still you wouldn’t see any harm in him if he microwaved your cat

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

That’s a very poor summary of what he said.  He said we needed strength and leadership, a Roy Keane type player.

The one I listened to he mentioned Joey Barton. Maybe its a double transmission for different parts of the world. Everybody knows Joey Barton out here whereas Roy Keane is an unknown has been. :P

1 hour ago, bris red said:

Needs a change right at the top. People wont listen though as we have a local man who loves the club, also the ‘’be careful what you wish for’’ line will be rolled out aswell, ‘’do we really want foreign owners who will ruin the club’’ is another that the scaremongers will churn out..

For me its simple, Steve and the rest of the Lansdowns aren’t winners, not really. Steve is an extremely successful businessman which is what baffles me the most when it comes to his footballing decisions.. but time and time again he has shown mediocrity is really where he and his family feel at there most comfortable. We need winners at this club if we want TRUE progression imo.

I think what your saying is that you can be hugely successful in business,but know jack shit about football???

Of course..

You can buy yourself anything,a private jet maybe-doesn't mean you should be doing the driving!

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He is right but why has he apparently never tried to find such a player?

And whatever research we do on players doesn't seem to include mental strength, since the current group crumble under pressure.

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

The one I listened to he mentioned Joey Barton. Maybe its a double transmission for different parts of the world. Everybody knows Joey Barton out here whereas Roy Keane is an unknown has been. :P

Yes he did mention Joey Barton, but I heard him saying ‘I need to sign a Joey Barton or a Roy Keane, someone who will give us strength and leadership’.   I didn’t take literally that he intended to sign Joey Barton...

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

He is right but why has he apparently never tried to find such a player?

And whatever research we do on players doesn't seem to include mental strength, since the current group crumble under pressure.

He unceremoniously dumped the only one we had; albeit his career was largely over I admit but right before his eyes he could see we needed to replace Wade Elliott. Apologies if it was Cotts who actually retired him to a coaching role but you get my point; LJ got him out of the club and we have had nobody of his quality since.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Amazing it’s taken 2 1/2 years and 30 odd recruits before he’s started to realise what’s been discussed and highlighted on here a number of times

a Captain who’s lost total control of the ship 

Still you wouldn’t see any harm in him if he microwaved your cat

I imagine GO'N was supposed to be the man but we seem never to have tried to find another. Instead we got loanees in positions we didn't need.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yes he did mention Joey Barton, but I heard him saying ‘I need to sign a Joey Barton or a Roy Keane, someone who will give us strength and leadership’.   I didn’t take literally that he intended to sign Joey Barton...

You also have to appreciate there was a level of tongue in cheek or sarcasm in my words which I thought was reasonably evident.

Perhaps like Bob and China we are all thinking 'has Johnson just had an epiphany moment that dozens on here have been moaning on about for 2 years or more' . It appears that might be the case... so help me Lord.

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I imagine GO'N was supposed to be the man but we seem never to have tried to find another. Instead we got loanees in positions we didn't need.

Back to recruitment

We should be recruiting as many leaders as we can not fluffy types with the right DNA

Whats become apparent in recent weeks and months is that a couple of semi  leaders , in Smith and Flint we have got , have both become increasingly frustrated with others on field and getting in spats with others and it’s not benefitted eithers  game

Most of the rest don’t say boo

Baker looks like he couldn’t care less when we concede

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Some posters don't help themselves with their inaccuracies.

Subs were a tiring O'Dowda off for Brownhill  to get control of midfield in a 4-5-1. It didn't work.

At 4-4 our defensive mid Smith came off for Taylor as we needed a goal. Back to 4-4-2.

Djuric on for last roll of the dice.

I don't necessarily think his subs were a problem. More that his team is so weakwilled and pathetic in the lead.

At 4-2 the subs should have been: Brownhill for Pisano  / Kelly for O'Dowda with Joe pushed forward and Taylor for Paterson. 

And defend a high line so they don't get too many goalscoring opportunities. 

But LJ messed up yet again. 

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I imagine he knows Barton is going to be Fleetwood manager after all.;)

But if somebody wants to distort what he said to create the fake news that he wants to sign Barton what can you do?

The sadder thing is that some will probably believe it.

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yeah that one always puzzled me; I mean Wade was what 36 when he hung up his boots. We have a period with nobody like him then we all think Gary O'Neil is the man.. but then I see his age and at 32 I always figured he was the stop gap. I am not sure which of those last two words he has lived up to the most. 

55 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not as simple as that though 86 (And yes the back four and FF were abysmal today

Pisano looked like he’d been dragged off the downs as did JB at times

Baker looked as if he wasn’t bothered and Flint failed to pull them together or perform himself

JP hardly broke sweat and take the 2nd goal of theirs when Korey gives away possession with everyone charging forward and for the umpteenth time they are immediately threatening or goal

Massive fan of Flint but him and Baker were like two strangers today or two sulking kids who weren’t talking to each other

Theres clearly a lot going on under the surface and we look a shambles and a rudderless ship

I suspect that the public criticism of Baker by LJ after he was subbed at half time v Barnsley is a major factor in our very recent poor defending. I think Baker will be gone in the summer. 

4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

You also have to appreciate there was a level of tongue in cheek or sarcasm in my words which I thought was reasonably evident.

Perhaps like Bob and China we are all thinking 'has Johnson just had an epiphany moment that dozens on here have been moaning on about for 2 years or more' . It appears that might be the case... so help me Lord.

Difficult to spot tongue in cheek on a forum sometimes without an emoji or two though. :thumbsup:

Even if you signal it there are those who will believe it if it suits them.

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Back to recruitment

We should be recruiting as many leaders as we can not fluffy types with the right DNA

Whats become apparent in recent weeks and months is that a couple of semi  leaders , in Smith and Flint we have got , have both become increasingly frustrated with others on field and getting in spats with others and it’s not benefitted eithers  game

Most of the rest don’t say boo

Baker looks like he couldn’t care less when we concede

I would have thought leadership qualities and mental toughness would be key parts of the DNA. Apparently not though.

Archived