IGNORED

Sacked in the...(predictable thread)

reformed_red

OK.

I like LJ, and I really want him to succeed.

However, I fear he has way too much inability to manage in game situations. This is apparent and has been for several months if not more here, and at his former clubs if you reasearch their forums (I know, don't trust everything you read online :facepalm:).

It's not even down to the players. One defeat or poor draw after being well ahead, yes they would be to blame. But LJs record and patterns whilst in a job are shockingly poor.

It's sad because today I left the "we've done well but ran out of steam, let's see what next season brings", and joined the LJ out camp.

God knows what will happen in the summer recrecruitnent and then into the season beyond....yet more cash rich clubs coming down next year.

1 minute ago, ReggyRed said:

We all moaned when we continued to go for it 3-0 up against Sunderland.

johnson tries to shut up shop today and pack the midfield and he’s still the one in the wrong.

today was down to the players once again showing they have zero bottle and zero character.

only so much a manager can do.

they are his players :gaah:

1 minute ago, ReggyRed said:

johnson tries to shut up shop today and pack the midfield and he’s still the one in the wrong.

today was down to the players once again showing they have zero bottle and zero character.

Yea I half agree with this though maybe take Fam off as well. Could push Bryan up and keep Reid central to close down. Or bring Taylor on to help close down defenders

Sorry, but both Johnson and the players have been a shambles since Christmas. Never mind the cup run and the early-season promise, I genuinely feel let down by this season. The sad thing is, in years to come people will talk about beating Man United, and no doubt it'll get a place on the wall in the concourse. But that's just it - all 'little' Bristol City ever get to celebrate are one-off moments of glory. Some people still bang on about beating Liverpool 24 years ago, for goodness sake. If the overpaid players actually had some stamina rather than performing for half a season, the United win would've been a sideshow, not the season's defining moment.

1 hour ago, reformed_red said:

OK.

I like LJ, and I really want him to succeed.

However, I fear he has way too much inability to manage in game situations. This is apparent and has been for several months if not more here, and at his former clubs if you reasearch their forums (I know, don't trust everything you read online :facepalm:).

It's not even down to the players. One defeat or poor draw after being well ahead, yes they would be to blame. But LJs record and patterns whilst in a job are shockingly poor.

It's sad because today I left the "we've done well but ran out of steam, let's see what next season brings", and joined the LJ out camp.

God knows what will happen in the summer recrecruitnent and then into the season beyond....yet more cash rich clubs coming down next year.

the club will always underachieve off and on the pitch as long as Lansdown in charge

2 hours ago, ReggyRed said:

Im not so sure. We were still going gung ho for a 5th when Brownhill had come on and that left huge gaps that Hull used to their advantage.

1 hour ago, GIBBO THE GREAT said:

the club will always underachieve off and on the pitch as long as Lansdown in charge

Ultra like......as I`ve ran out of normal ones.

He is going nowhere. The ground is fortress Lansdown. The Football club and Rugby etc are all toys to be played with. There is a plan and LJ is the puppet. The fans are the customers and will come back whatever. That is pretty much it in a nutshell. 

5 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

He is going nowhere. The ground is fortress Lansdown. The Football club and Rugby etc are all toys to be played with. There is a plan and LJ is the puppet. The fans are the customers and will come back whatever. That is pretty much it in a nutshell.

That's the 'free market' for you. What other system do you suggest?

3 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Sorry, but both Johnson and the players have been a shambles since Christmas. Never mind the cup run and the early-season promise, I genuinely feel let down by this season. The sad thing is, in years to come people will talk about beating Man United, and no doubt it'll get a place on the wall in the concourse. But that's just it - all 'little' Bristol City ever get to celebrate are one-off moments of glory. Some people still bang on about beating Liverpool 24 years ago, for goodness sake. If the overpaid players actually had some stamina rather than performing for half a season, the United win would've been a sideshow, not the season's defining moment.

Please stop talking so much sense mate!

3 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Couldnt agree more.

Archived