IGNORED

Supporting Bristol City is......

BCFC1512

When I come home from a match my wife always asks me if I enjoyed it. I keep telling her you don’t watch City for enjoyment. Unfortunately, after all these years, I haven’t been able to work out why  I do 

It's took me 40 odd years to realise we are a club with limited ambition. Gutting   

But I'll be there for the rest of my life. Love the craic and the day out with the boys. 

Promotion from league 1 and a Wembley visit with my grandkids is on the horizon. 

35 minutes ago, glynriley said:

It's took me 40 odd years to realise we are a club with limited ambition. Gutting   

But I'll be there for the rest of my life. Love the craic and the day out with the boys. 

Promotion from league 1 and a Wembley visit with my grandkids is on the horizon. 

Fingers crossed the football league trophy is still around

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The limited ambition thing... Not entirely sure I see it.

Over cautious in January though? Very much so, don't know about limited ambition tbh.

We've made the same mistake, with the same owner 10 years apart. 

Prior to that we let Joe Jordan leave 

I love this club with all my heart, but let's not kid ourselves. A lack of ambition seems to be written into our constitution 

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

We've made the same mistake, with the same owner 10 years apart. 

Prior to that we let Joe Jordan leave 

I love this club with all my heart, but let's not kid ourselves. A lack of ambition seems to be written into our constitution 

Joe Jordan before my time (only been a fan since 1998, nonetheless he surely did good job based on what I read).

2008..Adebola didn't do a bad job and Carle on paper could have had technical ability. Because of Noble's issues- maybe could have played Carle behind Trundle in a 4-4-1-1...seemed more fluid with Noble behind the striker.

In fairness to the club, FFP surely played a part this Jan- wasn't really a thing 10 years ago. Would have- with hindsight admittedly- liked to have seen us go all in for Mitrovic on loan...

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Joe Jordan before my time (only been a fan since 1998, nonetheless he surely did good job based on what I read).

2008..Adebola didn't do a bad job and Carle on paper could have had technical ability. Because of Noble's issues- maybe could have played Carle behind Trundle in a 4-4-1-1...seemed more fluid with Noble behind the striker.

In fairness to the club, FFP surely played a part this Jan- wasn't really a thing 10 years ago. Would have- with hindsight admittedly- liked to have seen us go all in for Mitrovic on loan...

If FFP was biting us in January, why spend 1M on Walsh, as one for the future??

We should have gone for the here and now.  

We've missed the boat, again. See you in 10 years time. 

5 minutes ago, glynriley said:

If FFP was biting us in January, why spend 1M on Walsh, as one for the future??

We should have gone for the here and now.  

We've missed the boat, again. See you in 10 years time. 

Because he has or will have sell on value (on paper) and (so the theory goes) he will be a player for the next 10 years, plus as an added bonus- if he turns out to be decent, we would have got him for a million before his fee rose- adding depth.

Still, I agree we should have tried to make a statement- but IMO only if a) The right player was available and b) Having signed them wouldn't have jeopardised the financial side moving into the medium term.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Because he has or will have sell on value (on paper) and (so the theory goes) he will be a player for the next 10 years, plus as an added bonus- if he turns out to be decent, we would have got him for a million before his fee rose- adding depth.

Still, I agree we should have tried to make a statement- but IMO only if a) The right player was available and b) Having signed them wouldn't have jeopardised the financial side moving into the medium term.

It's a nice thought. I'll be surprised if he plays more than 20 games for us. 

Don't see where he fits into LJ's preferred set up. 

You're obvious a lot younger than me, and haven't had the optimism kicked out of you. 

I wish you all the best. 

Archived