IGNORED

LJ post match interview

Ivorguy

He should be livid, but i bet he isn't.

3-1 up, 4-2 up, can't close the game out. 2 more lost points, add those to Sunderland at home, Leeds away to name but 2, 6pts that would have us in the playoffs. Poor, really poor.

LJ needs to seriously look at himself and ask if he's got the stomach & desire for this.

#waswithinourgrasp

To be honest, I thought he was pretty spot on.  You can set the team up as you want but if some people aren't doing their job (hello Eros, hello Frank) we will still leak goals.

Even with Bob played in a less promising wider role, we were still playing some pretty good stuff up front. It was just every time they got in our box, they scored. 

Wolves style forward play, Bury style defence. 

I think he sounded as shell-shocked as the majority of us and realises major, major changes will have to be made this summer - and we are carrying a few who haven't got what it takes. First up though, he'll ave to address the pisspoor results our "scientific" recruitment policy is giving us.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

To be honest, I thought he was pretty spot on.  You can set the team up as you want but if some people aren't doing their job (hello Eros, hello Frank) we will still leak goals.

Even with Bob played in a less promising wider role, we were still playing some pretty good stuff up front. It was just every time they got in our box, they scored. 

Wolves style forward play, Bury style defence. 

I think he sounded as shell-shocked as the majority of us and realises major, major changes will have to be made this summer - and we are carrying a few who haven't got what it takes. First up though, he'll ave to address the pisspoor results our "scientific" recruitment policy is giving us.

20 games of mainly sheer dross now RR, 19 points out of 60 on offer is frankly the problem, today was just another inevitable twist in the LJ managerial book of winning and losing streaks.

It was exactly the sort of interview that I was expecting to be honest but at best uninspiring.

I don't know what you thought but I thought the body language of the team did not look good to me today, earlier this season Pack's equaliser would have met with 10 man celebration, hardly anybody congratulated him.

2 hours ago, bearded_red said:

The whole interview was the biggest load of bollocks I’ve ever heard. 

I don’t massively rate him but I thought what he said was spot on! Also nice to hear the pain in his voice which clearly shows how much it means to him.

but of course you and the others are desperate for him to fail, wouldn’t be surprised if you haven’t even listened to the interview.

Just now, SODS_LAW said:

I don’t massively rate him but I thought what he said was spot on! Also nice to hear the pain in his voice which clearly shows how much it means to him.

but of course you and the others are desperate for him to fail, wouldn’t be surprised if you haven’t even listened to the interview.

In what way am I ‘desperate for him to fail’ you fucking ***?

7 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

What about the other 15 games we have failed to win during this appalling run? were those interviews spot on? the pain in his voice shouldn't disguise the fact that taking this game in isolation and his interview is wrong just like his post match interview last week.

The questions need to be why was the January window such a shambles?, why do you as a manager either have hot streaks or losing streaks?, when can we expect consistency?

17 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

20 games of mainly sheer dross now RR, 19 points out of 60 on offer is frankly the problem, today was just another inevitable twist in the LJ managerial book of winning and losing streaks.

It was exactly the sort of interview that I was expecting to be honest but at best uninspiring.

I don't know what you thought but I thought the body language of the team did not look good to me today, earlier this season Pack's equaliser would have met with 10 man celebration, hardly anybody congratulated him.

I'm not excusing Johnson for his role as a Mr De-motivator for the team.

I drew a discrete veil over his bit about the team needing "leaders". "I think that is the case in the manager's seat too mate," I thought.

Fast forward to next February, I can't see him still being in charge. Why commit to another 8 months of trauma? Sorry, but notwithstanding Lee's undoubted qualities, the weaknesses are simply unsolvable. He's genuinely a good bloke who cares about the club. But it's not going to work. So if I were SL I'd be looking for a dignified way out.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm not excusing Johnson for his role as a Mr De-motivator for the team.

I drew a discrete veil over his bit about the team needing "leaders". "I think that is the case in the manager's seat too mate," I thought.

I mentioned last week in the Middlesborough game, during the 10 minute break for Bamford's medical attention, a couple of players went over to the dugout to grab a drink, but then apart from Smith and only he was going through the motions of stretching, the rest of the players were stood around chatting to each other, at no point did LJ or indeed the captain use this time to re organise (and boy we were under the cosh at the time) nobody organised stretching to keep warm, I thought to myself Jesus this is like watching a downs league team waiting for an ambulance to arrive by the Sea Walls, it was amateurish in my eyes and the only saving grace was nobody sparked up a cigarette or pulled out a hip flask. 

8 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Fast forward to next February, I can't see him still being in charge. Why commit to another 8 months of trauma? Sorry, but notwithstanding Lee's undoubted qualities, the weaknesses are simply unsolvable. He's genuinely a good bloke who cares about the club. But it's not going to work. So if I were SL I'd be looking for a dignified way out.

My thoughts exactly.

At best, we are going to get another season like this one.. some highs, thrown in with huge periods of dross football and throwing away leads... At worst, we could be in another relegation battle. 

JB and BR are most likely off in the summer.. can anyone honestly say that the thought of LJ being able to spend that money on his own replacements doesn't fill them with dread? 

Thanks for your efforts LJ but today was just one pathetic capitulation too many. This isn't working out. Great coach, not a manager.

4 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

My thoughts exactly.

At best, we are going to get another season like this one.. some highs, thrown in with huge periods of dross football and throwing away leads... At worst, we could be in another relegation battle. 

JB and BR are most likely off in the summer.. can anyone honestly say that the thought of LJ being able to spend that money on his own replacements doesn't fill them with dread?

Thanks for your efforts LJ but today was just one pathetic capitulation too many. This isn't working out.

Yep. Sell Bobby for a cut price £4m because of last year of contract, and buy Diony for £6m! Dear lord, i hope im not right!

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I mentioned last week in the Middlesborough game, during the 10 minute break for Bamford's medical attention, a couple of players went over to the dugout to grab a drink, but then apart from Smith and only he was going through the motions of stretching, the rest of the players were stood around chatting to each other, at no point did LJ or indeed the captain use this time to re organise (and boy we were under the cosh at the time) nobody organised stretching to keep warm, I thought to myself Jesus this is like watching a downs league team waiting for an ambulance to arrive by the Sea Walls, it was amateurish in my eyes and the only saving grace was nobody sparked up a cigarette or pulled out a hip flask. 

Is it just me ..........

( I don’t really give too much of monkeys about missing out on the POs other than that and moreso our lack of intent/ ambition will lose us some of our better players in the summer )

Im far more concerned looking ahead to August and who we’ve lost and what our recruitment team will have dished up as replacements combined with a Head Coach who has openly admitted he doesn’t know what’s gone wrong , after 30odd signings now thinks we need leaders, and can’t  get a response out of these players for whatever reason and is increasingly looking totally lost tactically , particularly an apparent complete lack of ability to make positive changes in game

There are numerous serious alarm bells ringing and warning signs for me when I look ahead to next season 

Maybe just me.......

4 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Yep. Sell Bobby for a cut price £4m because of last year of contract, and buy Diony for £6m! Dear lord, i hope im not right!

We bloody would as well.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Is it just me ..........

( I don’t really give too much of monkeys about missing out on the POs other than that and moreso our lack of intent/ ambition will lose us some of our better players in the summer )

Im far more concerned looking ahead to August and who we’ve lost and what our recruitment team will have dished up as replacements combined with a Head Coach who has openly admitted he doesn’t know what’s gone wrong , after 30odd signings now thinks we need leaders, and can’t  get a response out of these players for whatever reason and is increasingly looking totally lost tactically , particularly an apparent complete lack of ability to make positive changes in game

There are numerous serious alarm bells ringing and warning signs for me when I look ahead to next season 

Maybe just me.......

It's my biggest fear also @BobBobSuperBob which players have we been depending on? Thats right, the ones before Johnson was here. 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Is it just me ..........

Maybe just me.......

30 signings and only 5 LJ signings started todays game tells you all you need to know and to be honest bearing in mind Baker's past with the club calling his signing an LJ signing is possibly stretching it.

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Is it just me ..........

Maybe just me.......

No not just you, me too

I get slated every time I post anything about LJ, but today we were 2 goals up twice, what does he do? Tinkers with the team and once again and changes a succeeding formation, no problem with the subs but WTF sending Bobby  back into midfield on the wrong side and post match the blame game starts all over! Frankie is unreliable and defenders are not confident in front of him, pissano missed an interception, so suddenly he is a problem, he ran his socks off the whole game, not Bradly Ore but got forward and put a shift in - where were the midfield? Pack once again did us proud, but CS ran ragged but lost the ball too often! Once again attackers allowed to run straight through! Not a Pato fan, but first 20 mins it was like watching LJ with the 8 shirt, running around but making sure not to get the ball or get challenged, sudden transformation came from nowhere and almost MOM performance - plus side, when was the last time we saw 10 goals at the gate?

4 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

You sound like a lovely bloke, would you talk like that to my (or anyone else’s) face?

Come on then, how are you confidently making generalisations about someone you don’t know and have never met that they actively want their football team to fail.

It’s funny if I accused a complete stranger of such a thing I’d expect them to give me some stick back.

55 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What about the other 15 games we have failed to win during this appalling run? were those interviews spot on? the pain in his voice shouldn't disguise the fact that taking this game in isolation and his interview is wrong just like his post match interview last week.

The questions need to be why was the January window such a shambles?, why do you as a manager either have hot streaks or losing streaks?, when can we expect consistency?

Not consistently winning because we haven’t got the best squad in this division. Did you think Ryan Kent was a good signing? Diony was a punt which failed but honestly what striker would you’ve signed? (Bearing in mind mitrovic etc was out of our reach).

very disappointing end to the season and we have well and Truly bottled it. Partially the players thought partially the managers. When you summarise the season you can’t deny it’s been entertaining at times, who would of thought we would have been battling near the top? I know I know we were 2nd at Xmas and I agree we blown it but some people need to set there expectations according to our squad and stature in this league.

truth is we were overachieving and where we are now is about right, I’m not impressed with LJ this year but I can’t think of anyone who’s can replace and do a better job, can you? He’s earned the chance to have a crack at next season. Some of the stick he gets is ridiculous, we are a team on the up under LJ  at the moment and until that changes he deserves to be the man.

2 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Come on then, how are you confidently making generalisations about someone you don’t know and have never met that they actively want their football team to fail.

It’s funny if I accused a complete stranger of such a thing I’d expect them to give me some stick back.

I never argue with idiots, if you want a civilised debate give me call x

Archived