IGNORED

LJ post match interview

Ivorguy

How many of you predicted we would be 3 points off the playoffs with 6 points left to play for at the start of the season?

i didn’t. I predicted we would be 19th (on another forum). 

Come on - what was your prediction? I bet they were ALL lower half at best. 

That means LJ has surpassed expectations and we have had an UNEXPECTEDLY GOOD SEASON.  

Save moaning for when things go bad. 

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

if Robbo Red rubbishes it you must be right, keep ignoring him and carry on!

But the big question is surely whether Robbored is a leader, a standard setter or a follower.

Fair play to Johnson though, I do agree we’d have won if we had Roy Keane. Or any other word class midfielder to be fair.

2 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

How many of you predicted we would be 3 points off the playoffs with 6 points left to play for at the start of the season?

That means LJ has surpassed expectations and we have had an UNEXPECTEDLY GOOD SEASON.  

like now you mean.

Don’t even bother taking sense mate, you’ll be pigeoned holed as a happy clapper because you have a difference opinion.

11 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

I never argue with idiots, if you want a civilised debate give me call x

I’d suggest , that you suggesting or claiming another City Fan wants us to fail is pretty idiotic personally and the same shite that comes out whenever the head coach or the Club is called out in any way

I don’t believe there is a single City Fan on this Forum that wants us as a Club ,to fail

Utter b*****x and about as imaginative as accusing somebody of being a SAG

9 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Save moaning for when things go bad. P

How many predicated we'd be 3 points off the play offs on boxing day?

6 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

Don’t even bother taking sense mate, you’ll be pigeoned holed as a happy clapper because you have a difference opinion.

if you are happy with the way the season has gone then in the words of that woman in the film, I will have what she's having.

18 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

I’m not worried mate - some people behave like the one-eyed creatures in the Toy Story grab machine. 

I don’t expect ANY of them to come forward with a prediction - only moaning about us being top 6 at Christmas. 

So far I’m right. 

Im not trying to make enemies either - we are all on the same side here - I too wanted Lee gone during last season’s dire slump - but this is nowhere near the same. We need to wake up and see the bigger picture, not just focus on a disappointing couple of months. 

Just now, SODS_LAW said:

He asked me why I think he wants LJ to fail. So I answered, that’s the point in a debate pork chop.

And the best you could come up with was that he was ‘rather inactive’ pre Christmas. Cracking ‘debate’ that. 

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

To be honest, I thought he was pretty spot on.  You can set the team up as you want but if some people aren't doing their job (hello Eros, hello Frank) we will still leak goals.

Even with Bob played in a less promising wider role, we were still playing some pretty good stuff up front. It was just every time they got in our box, they scored. 

Wolves style forward play, Bury style defence. 

I think he sounded as shell-shocked as the majority of us and realises major, major changes will have to be made this summer - and we are carrying a few who haven't got what it takes. First up though, he'll ave to address the pisspoor results our "scientific" recruitment policy is giving us.

Yes we have too many passengers. But the major one is Lee Johnson! 

Get a proper manager in and we'd be alright. 

7 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’m not worried mate - some people behave like the one-eyed creatures in the Toy Story grab machine. 

I don’t expect ANY of them to come forward with a prediction - only moaning about us being top 6 at Christmas. 

So far I’m right. 

Im not trying to make enemies either - we are all on the same side here - I too wanted Lee gone during last season’s dire slump - but this is nowhere near the same. 

But you thought we'd finish 19th earlier!!

At the end of the day we've ducked this season up. Onwards and sideways. 

7 minutes ago, glynriley said:

But you thought we'd finish 19th earlier!!

At the endorsement the day we've ducked this season up. Onwards and sideways. 

I meant that I’m right - the ‘haters’ will not post their predictions because they have been exceeded - which weakens their argument. 

I expect nobody to post that they predicted we would finish the season higher than we have

thats my point. 

Anyone who predicted we would end the season higher than 10th can feel rightly disappointed. 

Everyone else should feel happy. 

As much as Johnson has been taught a lesson by other managers several times this season, today I thought he did the right thing. When we went two goals up he switched to 5 in midfield with Pack sitting in front of the back four - for me that was a lesson he learnt from Sunderland and he didn't chase the goals. 

If anybody let us down today I felt that it was Frankie, especially the free kick, although Pisano had a bad game as well. I don't know what the answer is but I feel that people calling for Johnson's head are jumping the gun when you consider the season we've had - one of the most memorable for a long, long time. 

34 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

Not consistently winning because we haven’t got the best squad in this division. Did you think Ryan Kent was a good signing? Diony was a punt which failed but honestly what striker would you’ve signed? (Bearing in mind mitrovic etc was out of our reach).

very disappointing end to the season and we have well and Truly bottled it. Partially the players thought partially the managers. When you summarise the season you can’t deny it’s been entertaining at times, who would of thought we would have been battling near the top? I know I know we were 2nd at Xmas and I agree we blown it but some people need to set there expectations according to our squad and stature in this league.

truth is we were overachieving and where we are now is about right, I’m not impressed with LJ this year but I can’t think of anyone who’s can replace and do a better job, can you? He’s earned the chance to have a crack at next season. Some of the stick he gets is ridiculous, we are a team on the up under LJ  at the moment and until that changes he deserves to be the man.

This 

I meant that I’m right - the ‘haters’ will not post their predictions because they have been exceeded - which weakens their argument. 

I expect nobody to post that they predicted we would finish the season higher than we have

thats my point. 

Two things

Firstly people would have predicted based on a shite season last season

Secondly

Whats your prediction for next season out of interest 

31 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I wanted Top ten and a nice cup run

im happy 

some of the negative spill on here is embarrassing 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Two things

Firstly people would have predicted based on a shite season last season

Secondly

Whats your prediction for next season out of interest 

I’ll wait for the summer transfers first - if we keep the same squad (which we won’t) I would expect to be knocking on the gates of the playoffs. 

I cant predict though until I know who is leaving or joining. 

7 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

thats my point. 

haters"? Such a tacky phrase. Many fans of 40 years or more are pissed off that we've blown an opportunity again. 

I've got my season ticket again for next year, you ?

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

haters"? Such a tacky phrase. Many fans of 40 years or more are pissed off that we've blown an opportunity again. 

I've got my season ticket again for next year, you ?

I’m off to Forest on Saturday - you?

sorry that was a gut reaction. 

What I should have said is that yes I’m as disappointed as everyone else with the drop in form but we have not done badly overall this season.  

I’ll wait for the summer transfers first - if we keep the same squad (which we won’t) I would expect to be knocking on the gates of the playoffs. 

I cant predict though until I know who is leaving or joining. 

You could  based on your level of confidence in our recruitment and our head coach

Archived