IGNORED

LJ post match interview

Ivorguy

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Is it just me ..........

( I don’t really give too much of monkeys about missing out on the POs other than that and moreso our lack of intent/ ambition will lose us some of our better players in the summer )

Im far more concerned looking ahead to August and who we’ve lost and what our recruitment team will have dished up as replacements combined with a Head Coach who has openly admitted he doesn’t know what’s gone wrong , after 30odd signings now thinks we need leaders, and can’t  get a response out of these players for whatever reason and is increasingly looking totally lost tactically , particularly an apparent complete lack of ability to make positive changes in game

There are numerous serious alarm bells ringing and warning signs for me when I look ahead to next season 

Maybe just me.......

Seems to me August we start again. just like we do every season.

As the song goes, things will always get better. Except it never dose.

Have to say  meh!  City remind me of the song, Even the bad times are good.!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’m off to Forest on Saturday - you?

sorry that was a gut reaction. 

What I should have said is that yes I’m as disappointed as everyone else with the drop in form but we have not done badly overall this season.  

No. Not going to Forest. Taking my grandson to the zoo. 

56 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’ll wait for the summer transfers first - if we keep the same squad (which we won’t) I would expect to be knocking on the gates of the playoffs. 

I cant predict though until I know who is leaving or joining. 

We done do well with transfers so far!! Brought better players in that already got us in the championship & kept us in the championship have we??  

2 hours ago, SODS_LAW said:

I don’t massively rate him but I thought what he said was spot on! Also nice to hear the pain in his voice which clearly shows how much it means to him.

but of course you and the others are desperate for him to fail, wouldn’t be surprised if you haven’t even listened to the interview.

The problem  is Johnson can always talk well but that does not win games. 

It's all well and good saying its both partially the players and LJ's fault. But anyone could spot Pisano (with a yellow) was out of it and not 100%, O'Dowda was struggling a bit, and later in Diedhiou was knackered.

Get Wright, Kelly, and Taylor in after we went 4-2 - should've seen it home.

And sorry. LJ and Mr Ashton's recuitment has been horrific overall bar a loan (Tammy) and Dhiediou. Don't think Bakes would of come here if it wasn't for Cotts signing him on loan. Since we've had the likes of Pisano, Leko, Kent, Engvall, Eliasson, O'Neil, Walsh, Diony, Woodrow, and Giefer.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Yes we have too many passengers. But the major one is Lee Johnson! 

Get a proper manager in and we'd be alright. 

you all know whats next or where are new signings are coming from Marley watkins someone we should have taken two years ago who didnt fancy us ex Barnsley boy that Norwich fans cant wait to get rid of also yeovil players fuck me thats something to look forward to

Problem is LJ is damned if he does and damned if he don’t! Openly admitted he went for it against Sunderland, and people moan we should of shut up shop, and by not doing that has ultimately cost us the game. Today he tried to close the game out, and people moan that Hull were there for the taking! Today was down to individuals errors not LJ,  we played some excellent football going forward, unfortunately our defence and GK let us down. 

Whatever LJ tries to do will never be good enough for some,  and that’s the bottom line.

3 hours ago, SODS_LAW said:

Not consistently winning because we haven’t got the best squad in this division. Did you think Ryan Kent was a good signing? Diony was a punt which failed but honestly what striker would you’ve signed? (Bearing in mind mitrovic etc was out of our reach).

very disappointing end to the season and we have well and Truly bottled it. Partially the players thought partially the managers. When you summarise the season you can’t deny it’s been entertaining at times, who would of thought we would have been battling near the top? I know I know we were 2nd at Xmas and I agree we blown it but some people need to set there expectations according to our squad and stature in this league.

truth is we were overachieving and where we are now is about right, I’m not impressed with LJ this year but I can’t think of anyone who’s can replace and do a better job, can you? He’s earned the chance to have a crack at next season. Some of the stick he gets is ridiculous, we are a team on the up under LJ  at the moment and until that changes he deserves to be the man.

But a better squad than some of the teams that we have failed to beat in this shocking relegation form of 2018.

No I thought the signing of Kent was a bizarre signing given that all it served to do was minimise Eliasson's chances even more.

He has earned the right to have a crack at next season, but I am not sure that we are actually on the up under him, next season will tell us more. 

My biggest worry is he has to find a way to stop his managerial career streaks and judging by the body language I saw in our last 3 games, they are not a squad of happy campers.

And more importantly he has signed 30 players or more and only 5 of those actually started todays game and the vast majority on here claim that his team selection was the strongest team he could have selected.

I am happy that for a change we have survived the season comfortably in the championship, I am bewildered at our shocking 2018 relegation form.

6 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Noticed that LJ also stated that JP was ‘Back to his best’

Did anyone else think that ?

Thought  he was better on the ball than he has been 

But a complete passenger when they had the ball trotting / ambling around without breaking sweat

LJ would see trotting/ambling as perfection! That was his playing style under his Dad.  

JP did get better though and even looked like he was enjoying himself, pity the whole team could not do that!

5 hours ago, Wardie said:

Problem is LJ is damned if he does and damned if he don’t! Openly admitted he went for it against Sunderland, and people moan we should of shut up shop, and by not doing that has ultimately cost us the game. Today he tried to close the game out, and people moan that Hull were there for the taking! Today was down to individual errors..

So let me get this clear... You are saying that LJ said he went for it against Sunderland and you are saying he tried to shut up shop against Hull? 

My point is that you are expressing two game effects. Fair enough. In the real world neither ploy worked though did it.

So these two examples which you picked are showing us that going for it or shutting up shop makes no difference; under LJ we are failing either way. I think people have an absolute right to moan especially when this sort of thing happens; he has no answer. And as many have said he complicates things without needing to. If I did not think he wants to win i would say he is seriously trying to lose. 

And as I said elsewhere his tactics are starting to seriously look Johnson senioresque.

7 hours ago, SODS_LAW said:

Did anyone ask your opinion? Bore off

It's a public forum hence I'm allowed to voice my opinion.  But it's good to see you've rolled out  the old 'I haven't got an answer so I'll be a rude **** instead' method.  Like I said, good 'debating' skills. 

8 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I wanted Top ten and a nice cup run

im happy 

some of the negative spill on here is embarrassing 

Pretty much the same here.

Understand folks are frustrated that our second half of the season has not matched the first, but being I hoped we’d land between 10th-12th at best, with no fear of relegation, am currently pretty pleased with the overall season.

The fact is we were 6 points off relegation after 44 games last year, and this time we are 3 off the playoffs, plus had a cup run where we faced a handful of Prem teams, including the champions twice.

I’m not going to argue that our January business and subsequent form didn’t lead to us capitalising on the near flawless first half of the season, but am overall pretty happy with the season, even if we miss the playoffs.

8 hours ago, bearded_red said:

But the big question is surely whether Robbored is a leader, a standard setter or a follower.

Fair play to Johnson though, I do agree we’d have won if we had Roy Keane. Or any other word class midfielder to be fair.

Why should we be that unambitious?

Andrea Pirlo, surely?

What I find so incredible about his post match comments is that we have spent 44 games being told by him the plan is young, hungry players with good resale value, we are not going down the path of ageing pros again & now it all suddenly changes.

Plan? What plan?

Talking of ageing pros, LJ signed Gary O’Neil last season, paid him a rumoured £18k a week and since he has been fit has rarely even put him on the bench.

The embarrassment for him is that is exactly the sort of player that he is referring to, yet he was available yesterday & he didn’t select him.

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Is it just me ..........

( I don’t really give too much of monkeys about missing out on the POs other than that and moreso our lack of intent/ ambition will lose us some of our better players in the summer )

Im far more concerned looking ahead to August and who we’ve lost and what our recruitment team will have dished up as replacements combined with a Head Coach who has openly admitted he doesn’t know what’s gone wrong , after 30odd signings now thinks we need leaders, and can’t  get a response out of these players for whatever reason and is increasingly looking totally lost tactically , particularly an apparent complete lack of ability to make positive changes in game

There are numerous serious alarm bells ringing and warning signs for me when I look ahead to next season 

Maybe just me.......

I understand your point but don't see it quite that way. Particularly with the bit in bold. I actually get the impression LJ knows exactly what has gone wrong but it is not something that can be fixed until the summer. I read other comments he's made as more that he doesn't know what he can do about it in the meantime...

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I understand your point but don't see it quite that way. Particularly with the bit in bold. I actually get the impression LJ knows exactly what has gone wrong but it is not something that can be fixed until the summer. I read other comments he's made as more that he doesn't know what he can do about it in the meantime...

Interesting LB

i thought his ‘Weve Tried everything’ interview in which he talked about Dean Holdens speech / plea to the players , very open and  truth

With the bit highlighted , interested - what’s your hunch (if you have one) ?

Was it yourself who raised the possibility of needing to move some ‘dressing room influences’ as much as anything ?

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Interesting LB

i thought his ‘Weve Tried everything’ interview in which he talked about Dean Holdens speech / plea to the players , very open and  truth

Was it yourself who raised the possibility of needing to move some ‘dressing room influences’ as much as anything ?

Only so many times that it can be down to “dressing room influences” 

41 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Talking of ageing pros, LJ signed Gary O’Neil last season, paid him a rumoured £18k a week and since he has been fit has rarely even put him on the bench.

The embarrassment for him is that is exactly the sort of player that he is referring to, yet he was available yesterday & he didn’t select him.

To be fair, GO'N hasn't offered anything useful in the two seasons he's been with us. He's the right type of player but he isn't the answer for us in 2018.

I don't think LJ will ever sign the type of player he was talking about in his post-match interview. Firstly because (like GO'N) they are expensive injury ridden gambles with no resale value. And secondly, he will not want the challenge of managing someone who has played at a higher level, achieved more and could potentially take his job. I think we'll only ever see L1, Prem loans and overseas signings. I'm okay with that because some of them are gems but it's unlikely that we'll sign one who can control a game like yesterday.

The choice of Bailey Wright as captain was an insight into how short we are of genuine leaders.

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought  he was better on the ball than he has been 

But a complete passenger when they had the ball trotting / ambling around without breaking sweat

Most definitely an improvement compared to his performances of recent weeks. But, as you say, a lack of effort and interest for large parts of the games. Unacceptable at this level.

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Is it just me ..........

Maybe just me.......

Me too matey.

The “names” will go. Perhaps that’s right for all of us. Let’s face it, the team we cheered at the Etihad seem to have gone awol.

Most transfer windows seem to have come and gone with us looking out of the window when the sash has finally frayed for the last time. 

Compare our signings with those of others. Someone on another thread spoke about Mr Ls pursuit of David James. David Fucking James?

We lurch from moments of class, brilliance and genuine optimism to what we’ve seen since January.

Me and the boy were looking forward to the final game of the season. It seemed to offer so much promise. A sunny day. A win to keep the dream alive.

Now? All gone. In a puff of smoke.

But hey. Mission accomplished. Didn’t Mr Ls mouthpiece tell us that promotion wasn’t the aim for this season?

4 minutes ago, Xiled said:

To be fair, GO'N hasn't offered anything useful in the two seasons he's been with us. He's the right type of player but he isn't the answer for us in 2018.

I don't think LJ will ever sign the type of player he was talking about in his post-match interview. Firstly because (like GO'N) they are expensive injury ridden gambles with no resale value. And secondly, he will not want the challenge of managing someone who has played at a higher level, achieved more and could potentially take his job. I think we'll only ever see L1, Prem loans and overseas signings. I'm okay with that because some of them are gems but it's unlikely that we'll sign one who can control a game like yesterday.

The choice of Bailey Wright as captain was an insight into how short we are of genuine leaders.

Fair enough, but this simply means what he said was meaningless & untrue, doesn’t it?

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Interesting LB

Essentially that.

Really what he said with the "we've tried everything" interview was that they've tried everything and can't seem to get a response from certain players. There are only really two ways to solve that. One would be to see if a different manager could get something out of those players, but clearly LJ isn't going to be the one pushing for that. So that only really leaves the option of moving those players on and bringing different ones in. 

I don't know for sure what is going on with dressing room influences but I honestly think, whatever mistakes were made by LJ yesterday and against Sunderland and Leeds, the manager cannot be single-handed responsible for that sort of collapse. Some of it has to come down to players' mentality. 

Archived