IGNORED

5-5

Alex_BCFC

40 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Wrexham FA cup 4-4 home, Geof Merrick fantastic diving header OG

Beat me to it, went up there for the replay on a freezing cold January night, we were top flight and they were either third or fourth division, they had a decent team though, Dai Davis, Joey Jones, Micky Thomas and a couple of good strikers, McNeil & Whittle ?

2 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Ago scored three, was Tommy's Debut and We did wear our weird 3rd kit. I know i have some really weird ptsd based city flash backs but when looking back through Rothman's before the net to find that Dean Austin (iirc) was St Albans City's most famous player, it's things like that that sticl

Sorry mate I have to disagree re. Ago. He definitely got four not three. Just googled it at found an old press report confirming it.

Long story but ended up missing the match yesterday.

In one way, this score is not that surprising, however much it might have been completely frustrating. One look at the league table pre-match, and a knowledge of both team's recent form, would have suggested more than a few goals. Hull have scored loads this season, but have conceded almost as many. We remain good going forward, especially at home (excepting the experimental team against Brentford & Burton "parking the bus") but we are always at risk of giving goals away, especially when leading a game it seems. And this not a new thing either, it seems to be an LJ trait (3-3 at Pride Park last season for example).

It was never going to be a 0-0, especially on a good pitch in warm sunshine. A high scoring draw was a pretty fair bet in the circumstances. However I doubt anybody picked up winnings on predicting 5-5 exactly, even at half time.

And in a way, that kind of sums up our season. Some great attacking football & lots of memorable moments that will keep us talking for a while, but in the end not enough to see us achieve anything really tangible. We remain a "nearly" club, as we have so often been through our history...

I must admit, this did make me laugh:

16' Bristol City 0-1 Hull
37' Bristol City 1-1 Hull
40' Bristol City 2-1 Hull
53' Bristol City 3-1 Hull
56' Bristol City 3-2 Hull
64' Bristol City 4-2 Hull
72' Bristol City 4-3 Hull
80' Bristol City 4-4 Hull
87' Bristol City 4-5 Hull
90' Bristol City 5-5 Hull
Think of the GIFs.

Football stats live https://mobile.twitter.com/socastats/status/987971793163038720

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Didn’t they do us in FA Cup two or even three years running ?

I might be wrong but I think they beat us in both cups in the same season, I was there for both games and pretty sure they were the same season

15 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Sorry mate I have to disagree re. Ago. He definitely got four not three. Just googled it at found an old press report confirming it.

Definitely 4 as I was there. One of the the games that sticks in my mind. 

Archived