IGNORED

Cardiff v Forest

Super

I know our place isn't exactly a cauldron of noise most of the time, but they're 2-1 up, on the verge of the Premier League, and I've been at funerals with more atmosphere than this.

Don't think Danny Fox will be playing against us next week, would surely have been off if the ref had seen that.

1 hour ago, paul_fox said:

Down to having a good manager but people on here still wouldn't have that "dinosaur" at our club. 

I’ve watched them against us twice, Sheff Utd away and tonight. There is no quality to there game. Just defend and have 4 attackers. No need for them to have a midfield. It just gets played to Gunnarson to lump it up to the attackers all game. 

People complain about ST prices now, imagine paying to watch that

2 hours ago, paul_fox said:

Down to having a good manager but people on here still wouldn't have that "dinosaur" at our club. 

He would never have let us slip from 2nd to mid-table - yet the wise ones on here wouldn’t have him anywhere near our club...they just don’t want success, they couldn’t handle it...

39 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He would never have let us slip from 2nd to mid-table - yet the wise ones on here wouldn’t have him anywhere near our club...they just don’t want success, they couldn’t handle it...

I couldn't handle success. I'd be be that drunk every saturday i'd be dead before the season ended. Much better to have mid table mediocrity than risk heart failure believing that we can get to the Prem.

As it stands LJ is doing me a favour. You could say I'm alive because of him.

Some salty posts here, and some honest.

As much as I envy you all seeing a 5-5 draw today.. I find you all hate on us way too much. I don’t ever see anyone from Cardiff speak of Bristol as much as Cardiff are mentioned here, maybe it’s just due to the season we’ve had.

The football was poor tonight.. Forest are a better footballing side than Cardiff, so is the majority of the Championship. But if there was a £100m prize at stake with a chance to build your club to a new level, would you really be opting to play “your style” and conceding 5 goals at home to a side 18th in the table and bottling a chance at playoffs.. instead of grinding out results week in week out?

Just seems a bit mad to me.

5 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

As much as I envy you all seeing a 5-5 draw today.. I find you all hate on us way too much. I don’t ever see anyone from Cardiff speak of Bristol as much as Cardiff are mentioned here, maybe it’s just due to the season we’ve had.

The football was poor tonight.. Forest are a better footballing side than Cardiff, so is the majority of the Championship. But if there was a £100m prize at stake with a chance to build your club to a new level, would you really be opting to play “your style” and conceding 5 goals at home to a side 18th in the table and bottling a chance at playoffs.. instead of grinding out results week in week out?

Just a couple of points. The football wasn't 'poor' it was a difference of style. Forest may be a better 'footballing' side but they were basically crap. They couldn't cope with the physicality that Cardiff presented and when push came to shove were second best. Forest are where they are due to being, well, shite.  But you still have to win the battles and win the game which Cardiff did. Also Cardiff were denied a clear cut penalty and it was the Forest players who resorted to off the ball thuggery.

I would rather have us second in the table and going for auto promotion playing a results based game than where we are. Some 'purists' would disagree but, then, they're mentally deficient.

I'll be watching on tuesday when you play Derby and I really hope you get the result.

For me its a matter of principle. I cant like a club that sells their history, switches their colour, and swallows it for some green from a malay businessman.

Eveything wrong with modern football and the worst thing I think a club attempting to reach the top flight have ever done. Not even the same club at that point. Much preferred Cardiff back at Ninian. Not the smartest place but a couldron in the right circumstances.

Seeing the atmosphere since the move to the CCS and tonight. Its just going to be another copy paste bowl in a characterless money pit.

Personally still find it odd how Cardiff only have one Welsh player in their entire squad and its a player who broke through Swansea's academy. Yet before they were in the prem Cardiff produced the likes of Ramsey, Ledley, and Gunter.

What are the home grown and trained at club rules in the prem? I think the only player that qualifies is Ralls for them unless they resign Ledley or buffer it with Academy players.

5 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

Position wise we’d all love to be where Wolves are.......

but would happily swap with you. 

Is that style of football sustainable or will you be outclassed when/if you go up? Teams won’t be as easy to nick a goal against in the prem as it was this season for you. Overall congratulations, but it won’t be the last time we see you before 20/21 season 

5 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

There's plenty of chat about us on your CCMB forum so wouldn't say that was true. Especially when we were doing well. Anyway.... I wouldn't say Forest are a better footballing side at all and disagree with some on here who say you play hoofball. You don't. You play some decent stuff but do the ugly stuff very well -that's the nature of your game - and come next August you'll be visiting Anfield, Old Trafford, Emirates and Spurs' new ground whilst we'll still be going to Oakwell, Loftus Road and The Den. Still at least we don't look like ****s when we tap our heads, got to take some solace! 

8 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I’ve watched them against us twice, Sheff Utd away and tonight. There is no quality to there game. Just defend and have 4 attackers. No need for them to have a midfield. It just gets played to Gunnarson to lump it up to the attackers all game. 

Imagine paying to see the run of results st City since End of December 

10 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Pay to watch your team get 3 points and on the verge of promotion or pass it around trying to be clever, concede sloppy goals and let countless leads slip? We don't exactly play sexy football imo

Archived