IGNORED

Leadership

Sparkz 76

I have never been so excited as a City fan up until Christmas but form has seriously dipped big time sometimes LJ fault sometime players fault.

When was the last time we had a quality keeper or back four or how many shut outs we had this season.

Biggest problem leadership in the required areas in Defence and Midfield I don’t think we have a bad back five but the organisation and someone to orchestrate the defence is seriously lacking. Louis Carey was he the best defender in the league nope was he a leader YES.

Midfield Pack and Smith very good players but nobody takes the game by the scruff of the neck and dominates midfield or helps younger players to infect a game.

Our forward line is pretty good and we have scored lots of goals and Fammy & Bobby have been awesome.

clear out next season of defence beef up midfield with quality and leadership and will progress 10 fold

Leadership needs to start at the top. So in football terms...your talking head coach/manager . You need a manager who players look up to and respect 

Does Lee Johnson strike anyone as some one who has those leadership abilities? He doesn't come across like that to me. The sort of guy that when everything is going well...players love him, and every thing is rosy in the garden 

My concern is when things are going poorly. Like now. I get the impression so many of our players believed in their own hype and believed they know best. Proper know it alls

You need a manager who the players respect and fall in line to . I don't believe for one second senior players in that changing room, respect Lee Johnson in that way. 

When your head coach is weak, that's the attitude it breeds.

On paper...no way do Cardiff have a stronger squad the us. Man for man...we are on a par with them ability wise. Where we fall down massively is on the mental side of the game. 

That is the head coaches job. His job is to lead, and prepare the players mentally for all circumstances. 

Our head coach has failed to do that 

6 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Leadership needs to start at the top. So in football terms...your talking head coach/manager . You need a manager who players look up to and respect 

Does Lee Johnson strike anyone as some one who has those leadership abilities? He doesn't come across like that to me. The sort of guy that when everything is going well...players love him, and every thing is rosy in the garden 

My concern is when things are going poorly. Like now. I get the impression so many of our players believed in their own hype and believed they know best. Proper know it alls

You need a manager who the players respect and fall in line to . I don't believe for one second senior players in that changing room, respect Lee Johnson in that way. 

When your head coach is weak, that's the attitude it breeds.

On paper...no way do Cardiff have a stronger squad the us. Man for man...we are on a par with them ability wise. Where we fall down massively is on the mental side of the game. 

That is the head coaches job. His job is to lead, and prepare the players mentally for all circumstances. 

Our head coach has failed to do that 

Excellent post. Lee Johnson can take us so far, but he's too nice and/or lacks the ruthless streak required in order to get a positive reaction from his players during a slump in form. 

41 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Excellent post. Lee Johnson can take us so far, but he's too nice and/or lacks the ruthless streak required in order to get a positive reaction from his players during a slump in form. 

I.e. He has few management skills, much like his employers in fact

3 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

It's not even the ruthless streak I don't think. It's the fact I don't think he commands the respect of the dressing room. You don't necessarily have to be ruthless...but you have to have a group of players who trust you 100%..and would go deep in the trenches with you.

I hate bringing Warnock up all the time...but you get the sense that every one of his players trusts him and his vision going into each game. Not only that...but these players will fight to the last minute for him!

I just don't believe that's the case with LJ. We seen it last season with Tomlin...and we are seeing it again this season. The players don't play like they are with him 100%

How many more times must we "sit down and go over the mistakes, and learn from them"...before we realise that the problem isn't the players...but the head coach 

Archived