IGNORED

Thanks for the introduction. Same again next year?

LostScotsman

Moved to Bristol in September of last year.

May be shot for this but my first game (excluding the mighty Farmy Army!) was supposed to be a Gas game - Rovers vs. Oxford. Support the underdogs n'all that. As it turned out, rocked up on the day only to be told they weren't able to sell tickets at the gate. Offended, I turned then to Ashton Gate.

First game hooks me something good. 20° heat, 2-1 Cardiff and the young boy O'Dowda scoring a screamer. Headed to a couple of home games here & there and then, after chasing around forums, snatched a ticket in the Dolman for United. As a Rangers fan who grew up on the likes of Helicopter Sunday, the atmosphere that night was something special.

That night, I paid up my £200 for a half season.

What a ride lads, I tell you. From the highs of the Etihad & Carabou Cup to the lows of 3-3 vs. Sunderland, Baker's sending off, Louis Diony, 5-5 vs. Hull and a cold, dull day for Cardiff away in February. I thought I left the banter years of Rangers behind in Glasgow...

Through out, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't entertained. Fantastic atmosphere, cracking football, goals, passion & a stocking great HT pasty. And after all, isnt that what it's all about? 

I'll enjoy the last few games & put me down for the same again next year.

LS

2 minutes ago, LostScotsman said:

May be shot for this but my first game (excluding the mighty Farmy Army!) was supposed to be a Gas game - Rovers vs. Oxford. Support the underdogs n'all that. As it turned out, rocked up on the day only to be told they weren't able to sell tickets at the gate. Offended, I turned then to Ashton Gate.

First game hooks me something good. 20° heat, 2-1 Cardiff and the young boy O'Dowda scoring a screamer. Headed to a couple of home games here & there and then, after chasing around forums, snatched a ticket in the Dolman for United. As a Rangers fan who grew up on the likes of Helicopter Sunday, the atmosphere that night was something special.

What a ride lads, I tell you. From the highs of the Etihad & Carabou Cup to the lows of 3-3 vs. Sunderland, Baker's sending off, Louis Diony, 5-5 vs. Hull and a cold, dull day for Cardiff away in February. I thought I left the banter years of Rangers behind in Glasgow...

Through out, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't entertained. Fantastic atmosphere, cracking football, goals, passion & a stocking great HT pasty. And after all, isnt that what it's all about? 

LS

oh please god not the same again next year  shame you didn't have a first half season ticket any way nice that you have joined us welcome.

2 minutes ago, LostScotsman said:

LS

Welcome Sir, you definitely came close to entering the pits of hell but fortunately found your way to the gate. Must have been fate!! 

2 hours ago, pillred said:

oh please god not the same again next year  shame you didn't have a first half season ticket any way nice that you have joined us welcome.

I enjoyed it regardless, managed to make it to three or four games before the United leg of the Carabou. Bragging over Cardiff fans in work when you were 2nd over Xmas was fun.

23 minutes ago, LostScotsman said:

I enjoyed it regardless, managed to make it to three or four games before the United leg of the Carabou. Bragging over Cardiff fans in work when you were 2nd over Xmas was fun.

hopefully it wont be long until you are saying we instead of you, glad you enjoyed it, cant say despite the ten goals yesterday I did.

2 hours ago, Chappers said:

Watching City is a roller-coaster ride, as you reach the heights, you know there is a massive downward run just around the corner. What makes it good fun

Had this with Rangers for the last 6-7 years. From the ball stuck in a hedge vs. Brechin to beating Celtic in the Semi-Finals & the joy at Windass goal a few weeks back.

12 minutes ago, LostScotsman said:

Had this with Rangers for the last 6-7 years. From the ball stuck in a hedge vs. Brechin to beating Celtic in the Semi-Finals & the joy at Windass goal a few weeks back.

Combining the words "joy" and "Windass goal" is a banneable offence on OTIB. ;)

6 hours ago, LostScotsman said:

LS

Always brill to welcome a Bear into the Red ranks.....and who could ever forget Helicopter Sunday!!  Best atmosphere I’ve ever been in was Rangers 3 The Mighty Jags 0 - November 1992....the stands literally shook when The Billy Boys was banged out...absolutely awesome support....

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Always brill to welcome a Bear into the Red ranks.....and who could ever forget Helicopter Sunday!!  Best atmosphere I’ve ever been in was Rangers 3 The Mighty Jags 0 - November 1992....the stands literally shook when The Billy Boys was banged out...absolutely awesome support....

Know any decent bars for the OF games in Bristol? Struggling to find one...

I saw a guy on twitter earlier in the season who had just moved to Bristol and announced the Blue Few were his local team of choice and had them jumping thru hoops beside themselves that you had gone to them instead of us. Was that you? The Oxford game rings a bell

If so, superb rustling

And welcome

8 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I saw a guy on twitter earlier in the season who had just moved to Bristol and announced the Blue Few were his local team of choice and had them jumping thru hoops beside themselves that you had gone to them instead of us. Was that you? The Oxford game rings a bell

If so, superb rustling

And welcome

Sorry, not me! Wish I could take credit for it.

Seems Bristol City have captured the eyes of a lot of people this year, what with the. Up run, style of footie & goal celebration gifs etc.

Can only be good.

16 hours ago, LostScotsman said:

Sorry, not me! Wish I could take credit for it.

Seems Bristol City have captured the eyes of a lot of people this year, what with the. Up run, style of footie & goal celebration gifs etc.

Can only be good.

Ah, somewhere out there is a lost soul who needs a fellow Scot to show him the light
This is your task for the summer, because you really don't want to come on here from May to early August......

Well, enjoy the ride. I can't work out if you've picked a good time or a bad time to join us. But one thing it won't be is boring!

On 24/04/2018 at 10:59, Woodsy said:

Ah, somewhere out there is a lost soul who needs a fellow Scot to show him the light
This is your task for the summer, because you really don't want to come on here from May to early August......

Well, enjoy the ride. I can't work out if you've picked a good time or a bad time to join us. But one thing it won't be is boring!

If you're useless next season I'll just hop over the Severn...

There is no place on this forum for someone like you with a cheery and optimistic outlook on life as a City fan - must be all those years on whiskey and haggis

Having said that, give it time and switching your tipple to cider you will lower yourself to the same level of cynicism, scepticism, criticism, annual disappointment and abject misery as the rest of us!

Welcome on board and let's hope your optimism is rewarded.

P.S. If ever there is a definition of out of the frying pan into the fire it is a Rangers fan ( after the last few years) coming to support Bristol City!

On 22/04/2018 at 12:10, LostScotsman said:

LS

Hope you're enjoying life in Bristol and a Bear is always welcome down the Gate. Rangers were by far the best away support I've ever witnessed and that was only for a pre-season friendly.

For Old Firm games, would recommend either the Miners Arms or 3 Lions both in BS3, top of Winterstoke Road, both within walking distance of each other.

Now for the obligatory acronyms: GSTQ. WATP. NS. FTP.

Archived