IGNORED

4 wins in 20 Games

healeyred

The Title Says it all really after beating reading on boxing day we had 47 points from  24 games  since then we have only got  19 points with 4 four wins  this run of form has been truly awful and if we didn't have such a good start to the season we would be relegated by now  and people say it has been a successful season. the recruitment we did in January was woeful need to bring in quality but went for 3 unproven players that had hardly ever played in he championship before     take millwall for example on boxing day they were on 27 points from 24 games and since then they got 41 points from 20 games  they brought in 3 players in January but that brought 3  experienced players in  Jason shackell  Ben Marshall and Tim cahill 

Look don’t like facts get in the way. According to the rose tinted brigade it has been a great season.

And don’t forget we had a cup run where we beat prem teams and gave the best team in the country a decent run for their money so even though nobody but city fans will even remember that in 3 months time it has been a great season :yawn:

18 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Although I understand everyones frustrating (including mine) it does get rather repetitive having different topics covering the same material. Feel like it's time the admins brought in a section "All Things Wrong at Bristol City"

Would be interesting if they had that AND “All Things Right at Bristol City” to see the split of forum users in each.

I would fancy the wrong section would be the most used.

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

Would be interesting if they had that AND “All Things Right at Bristol City” to see the split of forum users in each.

Most definitely so, it's very easy to vent your frustrations more online. However, I wouldn't blame people at the moment if the wrong section got bombarded. 

37 minutes ago, healeyred said:

The Title Says it all really after beating reading on boxing day we had 47 points from  24 games  since then we have only got  19 points with 4 four wins  this run of form has been truly awful and if we didn't have such a good start to the season we would be relegated by now  and people say it has been a successful season. the recruitment we did in January was woeful need to bring in quality but went for 3 unproven players that had hardly ever played in he championship before     take millwall for example on boxing day they were on 27 points from 24 games and since then they got 41 points from 20 games  they brought in 3 players in January but that brought 3  experienced players in  Jason shackell  Ben Marshall and Tim cahill 

Jeez..............not this again...............:facepalm:

42 minutes ago, healeyred said:

Untrue on one level.

Go and analyse the bottom sides- we'd be near the drop zone yeah, but safe- bottom sides really poor this season.

42 minutes ago, healeyred said:

Ssssssshhhhhh dont upset the ones still basing beating ManUre as the reason weve had a successful season!

shocking since January. 

LJ needs to learn from mistakes very fast but unfortunately as we see the same mistakes over and over, he clearly doesnt have the aptitude to learn!

10 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Ssssssshhhhhh dont upset the ones still basing beating ManUre as the reason weve had a successful season!

shocking since January. 

LJ needs to learn from mistakes very fast but unfortunately as we see the same mistakes over and over, he clearly doesnt have the aptitude to learn!

Relegation form. Hopefully Arsenal will appoint Jonhnson!

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's become decidedly boring now Boys and girls.............:sleeping:

We all know City blew a chance of reaching the PL but let it go ffs............:disapointed2se:

Think this is going to run until august!

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We all know City blew a chance of reaching the PL but let it go ffs............:disapointed2se:

Says the man who would STILL put the boot into Gary Johnson at ANY opportunity some EIGHT years after he left...................fucking hypocrite!!!

43 minutes ago, nickolas said:

shocking since January. 

Is anyone actually claiming that? Please show me the posts claiming that the United win alone means the season was successful.

Hint: “No one will be able to take away that win” or posts along those lines does not imply the season was successful. Simply that it was a very high point.

Over to you.

13 minutes ago, Andy Horsman said:

Says the man who would STILL put the boot into Gary Johnson at ANY opportunity some EIGHT years after he left...................fucking hypocrite!!!

Jeez.........That's dull, boring and predictable.............:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A different debate..

The premise that we would have gone down is questionable, but 19 pts from 20 games is much too poor.

To miss the playoffs from where we were when we were beating Wolves? Hugely disappointing.

What really pisses me off is people glibly saying we've improved. We haven't.... sure we might be a few points better off but no way can anyone say we have consolidated into an established Championship side !

2 hours ago, healeyred said:

Not many managers would survive that title fact once; ours has and worse... twice, yet many fans want a hat-trick and another season at least.......I`m sure he will grant your wish.

When will enough be enough for those blinded by the light?.

45 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Is anyone actually claiming that? Please show me the posts claiming that the United win alone means the season was successful.

Hint: “No one will be able to take away that win” or posts along those lines does not imply the season was successful. Simply that it was a very high point.

Over to you.

You saying you dont see a lot of comments on this page, otib on facebook etc proclaiming this as a great season of success because of cup run etc?

i see it all the time. Those who accept whats going on as success will never know what success will be. 

Low standards!

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

You saying you dont see a lot of comments on this page, otib on facebook etc proclaiming this as a great season of success because of cup run etc?

i see it all the time. Those who accept whats going on as success will never know what success will be. 

Low standards!

Are you a City fan Nick?     :dunno:

Just now, Robbored said:

Are you a City fan Nick?     :dunno:

Oh yes. Absolutely. SC for 26 yrs.

Doesnt mean you have to accept inadequacies which we have all, if you open your eyes, both during the transfer window and after, seen during the months since. 

Yesterday we played some fantastic football. Brilliant infact and there is credit for that ( although its been way too long since weve played that way ), Yet we sit here having scored 5 goals since god knows when in the championship, having not managed to see a game out due to LJ’s shocking tactics again. 

He doesnt learn.

last summer they said theyd sat down and looked at what needed to be learnt from. 

Well lets hope he learns how to see a game out because i cant see how he knows how to!

1 hour ago, Neo said:

That would be great, I'd go on the "Things Right at Bristol City" and say you're wrong and the "Things wrong at Bristol City" and say yeah you're right :shifty:

33 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

What really pisses me off is people glibly saying we've improved. We haven't.... sure we might be a few points better off but no way can anyone say we have consolidated into an established Championship side !

I'm on the fence about that.

Certainly if we keep most of our key players this summer- and that's a big if- then we have a solid Championship squad IMO. Working on the premise that we keep Flint, Bryan, Pack and Reid though.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I asked because you stated that "those who accept what's going on as success will never know what success will be" and I wondered how you know that? 

Just my own personal opinion on success, what constitutes success and if you class anything like whats going on as success then it will basically never arrive as this is not success.

Its a little bit like ‘its the taking part that counts’. 

Absolutely not. Its about winning. Even more so at a professional level. 

Ive always really disliked people who like to ‘take part’. If you have any personal or in this case, professional pride, you will want to win and be successful. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Let it go? Our best chance in a decade? Haha, good one, this will rumble on for some time. At least until LJ gets sacked after losing 15 in a row by Christmas. 

54 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Low standards!

Ah I see now you’re talking about the “cup run etc” rather than just the win against United. That’s a different statement.

I don’t see anyone claiming the season is a success because of one win against United. However, the run the semi finals of the league cup - beating four PL along the way - was certainly a decent achievement. If some are saying that overall the season can be considered broadly successful because of an excellent cup run and a top 10 finish, then I think that’s a reasonable claim.

That’s not to say the post-Christmas decline hasn’t been anything other than a great disappointment. It has, and it shouldn’t have happened.

But don’t go accusing people of low standards just because they are able to take a broader view on our progress that now extends to four consecutive seasons of league position improvement. Not many clubs can make that statement.

Archived