IGNORED

RYAN KENT?

Dolman Block B

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Common Liverpool thing who are known to be very strict, so many clubs don’t go to Liverpool for loans. And yes there were stipulations in Tammy’s contract, ‘at least X amount of minutes to be played when fit and available’. 

Thought it maybe something like that.

4 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Another great Johnson signing.. in Lee we trust

Wouldn't think it now, but Kent has ability.

Maybe we're just not that good at getting the best out of all but a specific type of player as a club.

Remember Danny Rose?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-set-fined-liverpool-1487267

Bristol City are set to land a hefty bill from Liverpool at the end of the season, according to a newspaper report this weekend.

The Sun says that the Robins will be hit with a fine for up to £300,000 because head coach Lee Johnson has not been picking on-loan winger Ryan Kent in City's recent matchday squads.

When the Robins won the race for Kent's signature in January, it is believed that several financial clauses were inserted into the deal to penalise City should they later not play Kent.

Jurgen Klopp is believed to be a big admirer of Kent and views regular first team football as a necessity for the young talent to improve.

Kent last started against Brentford in arguably City's worst home performance of the season. He also played came on against former club Barnsley but did not impress and has not been involved since.

However head coach Lee Johnson defended the attacker this week saying that he still believes that there's a £10m winger there.

"Ryan hasn’t done it to how we would have hoped in our team for whatever reason," said Johnson on Wednesday in the pre-Hull press conference.

"He came into a club with big expectations and for whatever reason it hasn’t quite worked as we would have all hoped.

“The squad understands each other and has cohesion with each other, it’s not always easy to break into that scenario."

"Ryan, let me tell you, is a great player. If you told me he was coming through our academy as a 20 year-old, I’d tell you he was going to be a £10m player in the next few years," added Johnson.

Bristol City drew 5-5 against Hull on Saturday but Niclas Eliasson was given the nod for a place on the bench, with Johnson having previously explained that he is reluctant to have more than two wingers on the sidelines.

2 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Shame he hasnt done it for us.

He obviously is highly rated, but is this a "Johnson" thing again?

We also bought Liam Walsh who was highly rated by Everton and their fans but lets be honest, what has he shown?

Bit early to judge Walsh isn’t it pal?  What woudl you have said about Reid up until this season!? Too lightweight, inconsistent and doesn’t score/assist enough?

22 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-set-fined-liverpool-1487267

Bristol City are set to land a hefty bill from Liverpool at the end of the season, according to a newspaper report this weekend.

The Sun says that the Robins will be hit with a fine for up to £300,000 because head coach Lee Johnson has not been picking on-loan winger Ryan Kent in City's recent matchday squads.

When the Robins won the race for Kent's signature in January, it is believed that several financial clauses were inserted into the deal to penalise City should they later not play Kent.

Jurgen Klopp is believed to be a big admirer of Kent and views regular first team football as a necessity for the young talent to improve.

Kent last started against Brentford in arguably City's worst home performance of the season. He also played came on against former club Barnsley but did not impress and has not been involved since.

However head coach Lee Johnson defended the attacker this week saying that he still believes that there's a £10m winger there.

"Ryan hasn’t done it to how we would have hoped in our team for whatever reason," said Johnson on Wednesday in the pre-Hull press conference.

"He came into a club with big expectations and for whatever reason it hasn’t quite worked as we would have all hoped.

“The squad understands each other and has cohesion with each other, it’s not always easy to break into that scenario."

"Ryan, let me tell you, is a great player. If you told me he was coming through our academy as a 20 year-old, I’d tell you he was going to be a £10m player in the next few years," added Johnson.

Bristol City drew 5-5 against Hull on Saturday but Niclas Eliasson was given the nod for a place on the bench, with Johnson having previously explained that he is reluctant to have more than two wingers on the sidelines.

"it is believed" being the interesting bit.

23 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Wonder who we'll bring in on loan next season to push Niclas Eliasson further down the pecking order. First Leko then Kent, you wonder if Lee Johnson actually believed himself when he was talking him up so much in the summer.

Kent didn't deliver on his potential unfortunately and LJ did say that Kent had difficulty mixing in the squad. Could have been homesick, missing his family, lonely etc etc.....he's a young lad after all.

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Kent didn't deliver on his potential unfortunately and LJ did say that Kent had difficulty mixing in the squad. Could have been homesick, missing his family, lonely etc etc.....he's a young lad after all.

How homesick must he have been in the first half of the season then?

Baffling loan signing, we paid £2m for Eliasson and this bloke kept him from even getting on the subs bench a few months later.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

How homesick must he have been in the first half of the season then?

Baffling loan signing, we paid £2m for Eliasson and this bloke kept him from even getting on the subs bench a few months later.

As fans we're not privy to the inner goings on within the squad training and dynamics.There must be reasons why LJ hasn't selected Eliasson. Maybe he's not showing well in training, maybe he's has an attitude issue. Perhaps he brought Kent in partly to motivate Eliasson - who knows?       :dunno:

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

Dreadful 'reporting'. When your sources are other newspapers then that lazy. When they are other newspapers that don't seem to have any sources themselves then that just laughable.

They may as well quote a random posters views from otib. Oh wait ...

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

As fans we're not privy to the inner goings on within the squad training and dynamics.There must be reasons why LJ hasn't selected Eliasson. Maybe he's not showing well in training, maybe he's has an attitude issue. Perhaps he brought Kent in partly to motivate Eliasson - who knows?       :dunno:

He's said the exact opposite though

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

He's said the exact opposite though

August

He’s got an outstanding crossing ability; he’s very quick and very sharp. I’m excited to have him on board now and I’m sure he’ll blend in with the rest of our squad.

“We’ve got stiff competition for places now in the wide areas, which this club demands.”

18th Sept

Lj

It's funny because you haven't even seen Eliasson yet? Eliasson's been doing very well. I feel a bit sorry for Niclas Eliasson because he ain't half been training and doing well.

"He's one that will definitely get a game on Tuesday night because he deserves it," revealed Johnson.

November

The Swedish winger put in an impressive shift after coming off the bench during City's 2-1 defeat at home to Preston North End on Tuesday.

Post PNE Eliasson, recruited from Norrkoping in August, was a constant threat against the Lilywhites, with head coach Lee Johnson describing his performance as "outstanding."

3 hours ago, Spoonbed said:

I'm not sure if I've seen a better technically, but thick as pig shit footballer in all my time watching City.

He obviously possesses the necessary skills to make it, but his positional play and decision making are like that of a 12yr old

Oh come on, that's a bit harsh on most 12yr olds.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't know about numbers, however it's clearly a Liverpool policy when they loan young players.

Maybe it's similar with big clubs these days- did Tammy's loan have any clauses along these lines?

MA constantly referred to us having a commercial arrangement with Chelsea.  One good thing about it was the "no recall clause".

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Wonder who we'll bring in on loan next season to push Niclas Eliasson further down the pecking order. First Leko then Kent, you wonder if Lee Johnson actually believed himself when he was talking him up so much in the summer.

You wonder whether the accusations from @bristolcitysweden about agent fees might have some truth!  Who knows.

I don’t get the gushing comments from LJ upon signing, not just Eliasson, but virtually every player.

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was part of the deal, we knew what we were signing up to.

Then whoever sanctioned that deal wants stringing up. Someone has just cost the club a hefty whack of dosh. If it were my train set I'd be hunting down the idiot that had put me out of pocket. 

17 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Then whoever sanctioned that deal wants stringing up. Someone has just cost the club a hefty whack of dosh. If it were my train set I'd be hunting down the idiot that had put me out of pocket. 

It's how Liverpool tend to do business when loaning out young players for experience- Cardiff's loan for Grulic (sp) is along similar lines I believe.

16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thought it maybe something like that.

Wouldn't think it now, but Kent has ability.

Maybe we're just not that good at getting the best out of all but a specific type of player as a club.

Remember Danny Rose?

My feelings too.  He simply doesn't want to be here, doesn't want to play for Johnson, hasn't fitted in.  Always the gamble you take with hyped young PL "prospects", some will give 100% like Caulker or Tammy - others think they are doing us a huge favour just by putting our shirt on.

meanwhile in other fake new, BCFC have confirmed that they enacting a mouth-watering 9 figure sum clause on Liverpool, believed to be around 185 million in lost revenue, attributing Ryan Kent as the single reason for them not gaining promotion this year.

34 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

My feelings too.  He simply doesn't want to be here, doesn't want to play for Johnson, hasn't fitted in.  Always the gamble you take with hyped young PL "prospects", some will give 100% like Caulker or Tammy - others think they are doing us a huge favour just by putting our shirt on.

Why single out Johnson?  He doesn't seem to want to play for us, the fans, so does that make it our fault?

I'l stick my neck out and say that he looked a wrong 'un the first time he ran onto the field.  Body language was all wrong, he appeared to have no pride in the shirt, and looked as though he was all about doing things for himself, not the team.  Maybe I read too much into it, but sometimes you take one look at a player and know they're going to be no good for us.

10 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Why single out Johnson?  He doesn't seem to want to play for us, the fans, so does that make it our fault?

I'l stick my neck out and say that he looked a wrong 'un the first time he ran onto the field.  Body language was all wrong, he appeared to have no pride in the shirt, and looked as though he was all about doing things for himself, not the team.  Maybe I read too much into it, but sometimes you take one look at a player and know they're going to be no good for us.

That's a reasonable point, I meant "the club" really rather than Johnson - although I suppose it's possible he took a personal dislike to the manager or some of the senior players.

I picked up on the body language in that first game too. At the time, I thought it was just that he'd been rushed in and didn't know anyone, but I now think he never bothered to try to bond with his team-mates.

What a total Kent!

Archived