Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roe

Do you think there's a chance we can still get in the play offs this season?

Do you think there's a chance we can still get in the play offs this season?  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't really like making threads on here, particularly when they just repeat the same topics over and over but I was just interested to see where our fan base is at right now regarding our final chances.

Most appear to have given up (maybe rightly so).  What happened to "always believe"?

Just now, Roe said:

I don't really like making threads on here, particularly when they just repeat the same topics over and over but I was just interested to see where our fan base is at right now regarding our final chances.

Most appear to have given up (maybe rightly so).  What happened to "always believe"?

Saturday

Difference between 'always believe' and pure delusion.

If we beat Forest, there is still a chance.  That is a very big IF.

Absolutely remarkable that even our terrible form since January has not yet rendered the top 6 mathematically impossible.

Mathematically yes but that's only because the numbers make it possible - no other reason.

Absolutely no chance of it happening in reality though so let's give these threads a rest now as all it does is give people a chance to moan (like me).

Unfortunately since xmas we have been very poor. And on that basis we don’t deserve to get in the playoffs. Huge chance gone . Oh well onto next season 

If the gas can be relegated to non league oblivion on the last day of the season and fill us with joy then there is still a very slim chance the stars will align again but we sneak in to the play offs and then by some miracle get to the play off final, scrape a win on pens and the OTIB forum goes into Premier league meltdown - now that would make the summer interesting 

Mathematically possible but I can't see it happening ... and in the unlikely event we do get into the play-offs we'd really need to improve our performance levels.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

No No and No again.

Correct.

Players are already 'on the beach' - I am guessing, as I don't know any of them personally, that they would be more than happy not to bother with the next two games if that were possible - which of course, it isn't.

Our form is pathetic, every week we run the players out on the website, saying we are fighting for it, or whatever,  but when your bosses have clearly already given up, then the words are hollow. 

I think we will win Saturday, and still be in with a mathematical chance, but results will not work for us Sunday week....and we’ll miss out.

53 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

How is there not a chance?

It’s not impossible.

Precisely. The answer is "Yes, there's still a chance". Because there is.

Answering the slightly different question of whether I think there is a likelihood of us getting in the playoffs - no, no I do not think there is any likelihood at all.

1 hour ago, Roe said:

That buggered off when GJ booted out Basso for daring to question his signings! ( and then use Agents as the reason/excuse!). 

There’s obviously still a chance

Much like there is a chance that I’ll win Euromillions on Friday, or like how there is a chance England will win the World Cup...

The reality however is that this chance is so small that it’s almost completely impossible...

If we beat forest, and Diff beat Derby tonight, it goes to the last day. That’s impressive. I hate myself but, just for tonight, come on diff.. :argh:

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting a third of those voted believe we still have a chance 

Maybe because mathematics says we do?

we need 3 points with 6 to play for. 

Now then kids, you get 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and none for a defeat. There are 2 games left and the playoffs are 3 points away. Is it possible to make the playoffs?

caveat: the answer may be different after Saturday ;)

We have 2 tough matches left - Brentford have an away match against a woefull Barnsley and then home to Burton.

Looking at the fixtures of the other play off contenders it's Brentford for the last spot I think.

1 minute ago, Redstart said:

We have 2 tough matches left - Brentford have an away match against a woefull Barnsley and then home to Burton.

Looking at the fixtures of the other play off contenders it's Brentford for the last spot I think.

Yes, on paper Brentford have the best chance to take the 6 place.

4 hours ago, Roe said:

What happened to "always believe"?

I never bought into that ‘Always Believe’ thing and I hate the song....a better version for me would be “...we’re Bristol City...we’re f@cking naive...”

I wouldn't even be confident of this group of players making the playoffs if we were 2-0 up at half time in the last game and 3 points clear of 7th place. No matter what good fortune presents itself over the next 2 games, we will find a way to throw it away.

2 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

It's all over tonight now that Derby have won, if only it was different last Saturday. 

Or indeed any of the other massive leads we’ve spunked away.