IGNORED

The rebuild part 2

KeepUpLino

So LJ will next season start from scratch and try to rebuild, re style a team capable of challenging for the premier league.

How many windows will he want this time?

What style of football will we be playing?

How long will LJ be given to achieve this?

Will LJ get a 3rd rebuild attempt?

Is LJ un-sackable?

What is this clubs true ambition...................?

1 hour ago, KeepUpLino said:

So LJ will next season start from scratch and try to rebuild, re style a team capable of challenging for the premier league.

Of course he will .

It's an ongoing process.

Does even LJ know ? 

I would imagine that if we continue in the present form LJ needn't bother with Christmas decorations in his office.

Yes.

Is LJ un-sackable?

Not even LJ is unsackable but he would have to admit that he couldn't go on or that clearly the team weren't playing for him or the fans stopped coming to spend their money at the Gate.

This is the big question. I believe that they would be happy to be in the Prem but aren't prepared to take the necessary risks to get there. 

I think SL would be quite happy flirting with the Championship play offs each season and having the occasional cup run whilst watching inventive football played by cheap signings and academy youngsters.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

The now infamous "Three transfer windows" comment comes back to bite him on the arse

To be fair though I don’t think he Promised promotion after three windows just said that’s how long that it would take to get a squad capable of competing at the right end, which he has.

I can’t find the original quote though so could be wrong.

10 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

To be fair though I don’t think he Promised promotion after three windows just said that’s how long that it would take to get a squad capable of competing at the right end, which he has.

You may be right.

Last transfer window was pretty pony however and cost us badly!

10 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/johnson-reiterates-need-for-three-transfer-windows/

13 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

Is LJ un-sackable?

I’m pretty mixed on LJ, but as previous posters have confirmed, the three windows comment has been clarified.

Playing devil’s advocate, Alex Ferguson rebuilt multiple teams in his tenure.

For me he’s achieved goal number one (even though he might called it phase 3), which make us competitive in this division, albeit inconsistently competitive.  SL will want further progress next year.  I think that will be tough if we lose our best player(s).

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

20 hours ago, phantom said:

The now infamous "Three transfer windows" comment comes back to bite him on the arse

Well technically speaking, after 3 windows we were challenging at the top of the table! Was the 4th window where it went wrong!

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and the ‘Europe within 5 years’ comment back in 2016...

I think people miss the context here, it was a direct reply to Clarke’s answer about where he’d like Rovers to be in 5 years which was something like ‘I’d like a new training ground’. 

Initially it was meant to be a bit of a joke designed to poke fun at the difference in ambition between the two clubs.

He went on to embellish that by basically saying ‘well why not Europe within 5 years, we have to aim high’.

I’m not a fan of these hyperbolic statements he sometimes makes because people will spin them and use them against him. I think he’s cut down on them this season.

It’s similar to Ashton’s ‘not specifically aiming for promotion’ comment. Without context it sounds terrible, but what he meant was ‘we’re not putting our eggs in 1 basket with no plan b if we don’t go up’. With the full context, it’s a completely reasonable and pretty sensible thing to say.

23 hours ago, phantom said:

No it doesn't, it was never 3 windows for play offs or promotion, it was 3 windows to get a team to play the way and style he wants which we are seeing. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, hodge said:

No it doesn't, it was never 3 windows for play offs or promotion, it was 3 windows to get a team to play the way and style he wants which we are seeing. 

Exactly my point !!

What a fantastic improvement we have seen

13 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

If we sell Bobby during the summer, then tactically we will need to have a new plan a never mind a plan b! 

No body is going to be able to play the high press like BR, well no one we can afford.

Fielding

RB Flint Baker Kelly

Brownhill Pack Smith

O'Dowda Bryan

Diedhiou

If Diedhiou unavailable, that's where Djuric comes in. Walsh can replace one of the midfield 3, even Hegeler in some circs and we would probably retain the ball quite well, but the excitement of the autumn? Nope. Paterson could replace O'Dowda in some circs too- funnily enough, think that could have been our Plan B this season and a reasonable one at that if Reid was ever unavailable...

Football wouldn't be as easy on the eye as the Autumn, but would be relatively effective IMO and not terrible to watch either.

On 25/04/2018 at 08:27, KeepUpLino said:

Looks like he has tried to forget about the original three!

High Press or Route One to the Big Man

In reality....as long as he wants

He will get as many as he wants

Is LJ un-sackable?

Pretty much. He does as instructed 

Self sustainability regardless of division 

6 hours ago, hodge said:

Are we really seeing that?  I really hope what I’ve watched in 2018 isn’t a reflection of the style LJ wants.  

We are no where near a finished article after 3 windows and with the potential of good players leaving and questionable success from our recruitment policy I’d say we have a long road in front of us

8 hours ago, hodge said:

God help us if this is the way LJ wants City to play 

Hello Division 1

12 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well technically speaking, after 3 windows we were challenging at the top of the table! Was the 4th window where it went wrong!

I think people miss the context here, it was a direct reply to Clarke’s answer about where he’d like Rovers to be in 5 years which was something like ‘I’d like a new training ground’. 

Initially it was meant to be a bit of a joke designed to poke fun at the difference in ambition between the two clubs.

He went on to embellish that by basically saying ‘well why not Europe within 5 years, we have to aim high’.

I’m not a fan of these hyperbolic statements he sometimes makes because people will spin them and use them against him. I think he’s cut down on them this season.

It’s similar to Ashton’s ‘not specifically aiming for promotion’ comment. Without context it sounds terrible, but what he meant was ‘we’re not putting our eggs in 1 basket with no plan b if we don’t go up’. With the full context, it’s a completely reasonable and pretty sensible thing to say.

You've wasted your time there Phileas.

No matter how many times people point out the context of the quote(s), it still gets discarded within a couple of posts as the next one digs in

Archived