IGNORED

Bristol City World Cup Representation

Port Said Red

I wouldn't be surprised if we had 3 players from the club playing at the World Cup this summer. Bailey Wright and Maggers I would expect to make their squads and Famara must be attracting the interest of the Senegal Management. 

I was wondering what representation we have had in the past, if any? The only I could bring to mind from my lifetime was Luke Wilkshire, but I wasn't sure he was still under contract with us when he was picked. 

13 minutes ago, MurrayLives said:

Technically David James was still our player at the 2010 World Cup

Edit: released on 1st May - So not quite.

3 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Didn't we sign him after that World Cup? I don't believe he ever played for England again.

We signed him after the World Cup and he was never in the England squad again. He played for us in the 2010-11 season.

3 hours ago, MurrayLives said:

Technically David James was still our player at the 2010 World Cup

Edit: released on 1st May - So not quite.

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Didn't we sign him after that World Cup? I don't believe he ever played for England again.

Correct @richwwtkJames never represented England whilst under contract with us. 

Was quite amusing saying that we'd signed England's number 1, that was of course until Millwall....Never did rate James before, during or after his time with us. You were never waiting long for his next balls-up....

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we had 3 players from the club playing at the World Cup this summer. Bailey Wright and Maggers I would expect to make their squads and Famara must be attracting the interest of the Senegal Management. 

I was wondering what representation we have had in the past, if any? The only I could bring to mind from my lifetime was Luke Wilkshire, but I wasn't sure he was still under contract with us when he was picked. 

I'm only quoting you in an attempt to entice the real Patrick Lamper out of the grass. His/her favourite emoji is a snake but I've yet to see him/her give reasons for this?

14 minutes ago, Midred said:

I'm only quoting you in an attempt to entice the real Patrick Lamper out of the grass. His/her favourite emoji is a snake but I've yet to see him/her give reasons for this?

I wondered what it was for. Maybe he thinks Matty Taylor has a shot at the England squad! :)

On 26/04/2018 at 13:07, Enter Sandman said:

If you’d listened to many city fans earlier this season, I’m surprised Joe Bryan isn’t England’s first choice left back 

nah, hes at an everton training camp with bobby reid, and aiden flint, as all our players are going to everton ;)  

So, judging by the replies, it seems that we have never had players who were actually under contract with us when they appeared at the World Cup? I realise that the extension of the number of countries reaching the finals has had an effect, but I see this as another sign of how our club has progressed in recent years.

19 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

So, judging by the replies, it seems that we have never had players who were actually under contract with us when they appeared at the World Cup? I realise that the extension of the number of countries reaching the finals has had an effect, but I see this as another sign of how our club has progressed in recent years.

The nearest we`ve had in recent years I think was when Albert was on standby for Ghana at the last WC.

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:56, ZiderEyed said:

Kalifa Cisse?

He played for Mali, who have never reached the finals.  Luke Wilkshire was the only player registered with us whilst playing in a  tournament, but his contract with us expired at the end of July 2006, so he was on his way out, but still our player. To  get 2 or even 3 of our current players in a tournament would be quite an achievement.

On 27/04/2018 at 15:31, Port Said Red said:

Luke Wilkshire was, he was only out of contract after the 2006 tournament had ended and to date is the only player we have had who featured in a World Cup tournament.

Archived