IGNORED

Bobby Reid the 'Wind up toy' (Merged)

Roger Red Hat

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

It also shows that maybe the decision making at Academies is absolutely key.  The traditional 'he's too small' mentality could have been used but those who made the decision at the time could see he would develop later physically and so needed to give him more time.  

Having said that, it was only when he realised that he was short in certain areas and did something about it that he took off...  

It's 100% a cliche but lower down the footballing pyramid there is a staggering amount of kids with 'footballing brains' that don't make the grade. If you're fast, strong and tall then you stand in a much better stead of making it.

Huge credit to Bobby here.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Rayon Wilson also worked with Bolasie during his time here and has continued to ever since. He seems to be a huge influence, if only we could of had them both or get Rayon working with others. I think he may also oversee Joe if I remember rightly. Info from a relative, and I’ve met Rayon at a work event (before Bolasie).

Silky skills?

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is moving to St George from Easton when you're a local footballer similar to a millionaire racing driver from the home counties upping sticks and getting a place in Monaco?

Hey, don’t knock it. He deliberately stayed close to his Mum and family instead of moving to Portishead with the rest of them. If that’s made him happy and able to play so well this season then power to him for being his own person. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, ZiderMeUp said:

What do you call your boss?

I take your, point, in part...although culturally in football I would suggest it would be the exception, and not the norm, to call the Manager/Head Coach by their first name (at least not in an interview for public consumption). 

Alex...Arsene...Jose...

I don't know, maybe it's the way it's done in 2018. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but it just struck me as unusual. I would have expected 'The Gaffer' or some such, instead, just not Lee. 

To flip it on its head, how many of us call our boss 'The Gaffer'...

39 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

I take your, point, in part...although culturally in football I would suggest it would be the exception, and not the norm, to call the Manager/Head Coach by their first name (at least not in an interview for public consumption). 

Alex...Arsene...Jose...

I don't know, maybe it's the way it's done in 2018. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but it just struck me as unusual. I would have expected 'The Gaffer' or some such, instead, just not Lee. 

To flip it on its head, how many of us call our boss 'The Gaffer'...

I’ve never played for a team where anyone wasn’t known by a nickname! 

He was not a strong runner. He could cover distances but he fatigued quite early on in games, after about an hour.

Bobby now has stamina like very few others.  Big credit to him for realising that success was there for the taking - with hard work.

Archived