Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

JonDolman

West Brom actually making move for LJ!?

There is literally no evidence given in the article, no sources quoted, no reasons given, not even the usual “an insider said”. They say no smoke without fire, but there’s not even any smoke here.

Wouldn’t be bothered though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bcfcchris2016 said:

Would throw a serious spanner in the works as far as this summer is concerned if LJ accepts the move now

Why would it?

22 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Ok, it's only the Sun reporting this. But I'm sure they must sometimes be right. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6162223/lee-johnson-west-brom-bristol-city/amp/

I didn't realise the Sun was still in print.

Crap paper reduced to making up fake stories.

• Like 13

Just now, Robbored said:

I didn't realise the Sun was still in print.

Crap paper reduced to making up fake stories.

If you didn't know it was still in print then how can you be so sure on the credibility of their stories? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

If it’s in the Sun it must be true! Looks like we may be looking for a new manager now then. Quick, someone start a topic on who our next manger is going to be and where we’ll finish next season. 

55 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Ok, it's only the Sun reporting this. But I'm sure they must sometimes be right. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6162223/lee-johnson-west-brom-bristol-city/amp/

I bet they regularly get the date right, though if you have to read it I would even get that verified first .

3 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

do you think a lot of city fans would like to see the back of lee.  I reckon it' would be a split decision. 

It depends who takes his place , 

Darryl Clarke ,

Michael Appleton  two SL type choices .

Happy with that or prefer LJ ? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

If you didn't know it was still in print then how can you be so sure on the credibility of their stories? 

Ummm........the link?

Bit of a clue there Rich...........:cool2:

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Darryl Clarke ,

Better the devil you know for sure.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

LEE JOHNSON ATE MY HAMSTER :dancer2:

Don't be so stupid. The hamster was as big as Lee at least....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Darryl Clarke ,

Dopey would be a great choice. Then he can be jealous of Wolves, Villa and Walsall...............:rofl2br:

22 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Darryl Clarke ,

If it was Mick McCarthy i would happily see LJ walk tommorow. My worry is as you have said with those names mentioned the  board will go for another weak character that they can dictate too.

I genuinely believe given the choice of a proven manager at this level who has won promotions (McCarthy being one who is currently jobless) or a yes man with no experience at this level but will do exactly what them and MA want it would be a no brainer for SL. Sad really as its this attitude that will never see us push on.

Edited by bris red
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bris red said:

If it was Mick McCarthy i would happily see LJ walk tommorow. My worry is as you have said with those names mentioned the  board will go for another weak character that they can dictate too.

I genuinely believe given the choice of a proven manager at this level who has won promotions (McCarthy being one who is currently jobless) or a yes man with no experience at this level but will do exactly what them and MA want it would be a no brainer for SL. Sad really as its this attitude that will never see us push on.

Managers who previously no experience at this level:

Nuno Gomes

David Wagner

Slavisa Jokanovic

So I don’t buy into this experience guarenteee success rubbish.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, bcfcchris2016 said:

Would throw a serious spanner in the works as far as this summer is concerned if LJ accepts the move now

On the other hand whoever then took over at AG would have the entire transfer window to take advantage of and plan for the coming season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

There is literally no evidence given in the article, no sources quoted, no reasons given, not even the usual “an insider said”. They say no smoke without fire, but there’s not even any smoke here.

....but for this LJ love-in, is there any, aheeeeeem, tinder?

Edited by Curr Avon

14 minutes ago, Selred said:

Nuno Gomes

David Wagner

Slavisa Jokanovic

Yeah, good point.......

Oh wait a minute, Jokanovic got Watford promoted to the PL in 2015.

That Gomes bloke though never worked at this level, worked at a much higher one however - he was the manager of Valencia.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Selred said:

Nuno Gomes

David Wagner

Slavisa Jokanovic

Wagner had only managed at borussia dortmund II prior to Huddersfield so i will give you that one. The other two had both managed at decent sized clubs across Europe Jokanovic also having won promotion with Watford as already stated ^^^ and with Santo having managed two big clubs in Porto and Valencia, i think its fair to say they had pedigree’s way above Lee Johnson.

Im not saying anything guarantee’s success but it would be nice for once to see what a manager who has been there and done it at Championship level can do here... what better shout is there then McCarthy, out of work and publicly stating he is ready for a new challenge..

Edited by bris red
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bris red said:

Wagner had only managed at borussia dortmund II prior to Huddersfield so i will give you that one. The other two had both managed at decent sized clubs across Europe Jokanovic also having won promotion with Watford as already stated ^^^ and with Santo having managed two big clubs in Porto and Valencia, i think its fair to say they had pedigree’s way above Lee Johnson.

Im not saying anything guarantee’s success but it would be nice for once to see what a manager who has been there and done it at Championship level can do here... what better shout is there then McCarthy, out of work and publicly stating he is ready for a new challenge..

I can see it now. LJ to WBA, MM comes in, SL signs Joe Hart, Terry Connor in charge by the end of August. 

If LJ goes, can't see it myself, expect a Michael Appleton, not a Mick McCarthy. 

• Haha 1

Garbage, City are his dream job with a great owner / friend and plenty of potential to take us forward .. West Brom are a good club but what on earth is the appeal over the ties he has to City...Mciness and Appleton are young and ambitious in LJ mode one of them is far more likely. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 22A said:

On the other hand whoever then took over at AG would have the entire transfer window to take advantage of and plan for the coming season.

Surely that is not fair - give them at least 3 transfer windows!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bris red said:

Admittedly Ipswich had zero funds but he hasn’t exactly achieved anything in recent times. Ipswich fans hated the football being played and he got ridiculed by Ipswich fans for being too stubborn. 

It it would be a backwards step imo

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Garbage, City are his dream job with a great owner / friend and plenty of potential to take us forward .. West Brom are a good club but what on earth is the appeal over the ties he has to City...Mciness and Appleton are young and ambitious in LJ mode one of them is far more likely. 

also...............we're going up this season  !:P

7 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Spot on. 

Even if LJ was approached he'd turn it down. As you say he has his dream job at City, is heavily involved in SLs strategy and has his full support.

LJ hasn't been in post very long and is gradually building a squad capable playing in the style he wants. It's a long term project and will take time to materialise but already he's turned us around from a relegation candidate to a top ten club.

He certainly won't leaving City and abandoning the project.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Spot on. 

Even if LJ was approached he'd turn it down. As you say he has his dream job at City, is heavily involved in SLs strategy and has his full support.

LJ hasn't been in post very long and is gradually building a squad capable playing in the style he wants. It's a long term project and will take time to materialise but already he's turned us around from a relegation candidate to a top ten club.

He certainly won't leaving City and abandoning the project.

If a PL club were serious about hiring him he'd be off like a shot.

• Like 1