Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

JonDolman

West Brom actually making move for LJ!?

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I thought Nixon had a fairly decent track record for calling stuff, no?

Never correct for us. So all know this is rubbish.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It would be a remarkable choice by West Brom, but no more of an eye-opener to the football world than Bristol City offering a Championship head coaching position to an unproven and inconsistent L1 manager when LJ came here.

Has he since proved himself to be a consistent Championship manager who is capable of getting a club promoted? Obviously not, but he had just about unprecedented national publicity to positively promote himself when we were doing well and it looks as though that may be sufficient to raise his profile to the extent that jobs like West Brom, which you'd think may be hopelessly above his capabilities, may indeed be within his grasp.

Dilly dilly! You speaketh the truth Sir Noggers. And unless West Brom are servicing debts like Sunderland, any new Head Coach at the Hawthorns should have sufficient funds to recruit the quality players needed for an automatic promotion push next term. 

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Dilly dilly! You speaketh the truth Sir Noggers. And unless West Brom are servicing debts like Sunderland, any new Head Coach at the Hawthorns should have sufficient funds to recruit the quality players needed for an automatic promotion push next term. 

A interesting but contradictory piece of writing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/26/west-brom-finances-chief-executive-shocked-wages

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

Never correct for us. So all know this is rubbish.

he was right about us signing Walsh. IIRC he wrote the story mid December and was the first one writing it. Also said about us getting Kent ahead of Sheff Utd before anyone else. He's pretty reliable, just because things he said didn't happen it doesn't mean that they wasn't interest or offers. 

4 minutes ago, WRERE said:

he was right about us signing Walsh. IIRC he wrote the story mid December and was the first one writing it. Also said about us getting Kent ahead of Sheff Utd before anyone else. He's pretty reliable, just because things he said didn't happen it doesn't mean that they wasn't interest or offers. 

He knows the north / north-east pretty well.

On 06/05/2018 at 11:49, Tom Fleuriot said:

I could live with swapping Johnson for Darren Moore. Will be ridiculous if WBA don't offer Moore the job.  

Except he doesn't want it.

Can see the massive outcry’s from Sol Campbell, Jason Roberts, and Dwight Yorke already if Moore doesn’t get the job.

As far as I’m aware Moore hasn’t said publically that he’s interested?

18 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Can see the massive outcry’s from Sol Campbell, Jason Roberts, and Dwight Yorke already if Moore doesn’t get the job.

As far as I’m aware Moore hasn’t said publically that he’s interested?

Don't forget Rosenior !

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Don't forget Rosenior !

Knew there was more, not sure how I forgot Leroy though!

35 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

:facepalm:

Slarti, does that mean they've 'overlooked' WeeLee, not difficult to do I'd suggest .....

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Super said:

TBF it’s more a case of standing by Moore I would think, fair play to them.

I think the article puts a slant on the story to say the least.

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 1