IGNORED

LJ redefines "Evens Stevens"

Dullmoan Tone

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Post match interview.

Apparently - shots 24 vs 6, shots on target 6 vs 0, Corners 6 vs 2 =evens stevens.

Can we just for once have some honesty and not dress this up as anything other than a poor performance against a team who are 17th for a reason.

The recent away performances should be a major concern no win now in the last 11 and really poor performances

3 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Post match interview.

Apparently - shots 24 vs 6, shots on target 6 vs 0, Corners 6 vs 2 =evens stevens.

Can we just for once have some honesty and not dress this up as anything other than a poor performance against a team who are 17th for a reason.

I bang on about it a lot  but it’s his most frustrating trait imho, platitudes and talking rubbish when under pressure.  Why he can’t just come out and front up I don’t know. Would get so much more respect I think. 

14 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Post match interview.

Because he has a FIFA coaching badge, AND SL loves him.

All forgiven for the European glory evenings to come.

:clap:

PL

17 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Post match interview.

He won't do that as as soon as he does, people will question why?

He is the reason 

He isn't going to hang himself out to dry is he. He will keep churning out his usual crap and sound bites and a lot of fans will lap it up and actually believe we are progressing 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

He won't do that as as soon as he does, people will question why?

He is the reason 

He isn't going to hang himself out to dry is he. He will keep churning out his usual crap and sound bites and a lot of fans will lap it up and actually believe we are progressing 

We ARE progressing, technically.

Trouble will come when he has to better 10th place .............. next season.

If he does not, then we would be going backwards.

As we will be promoted next season, this will not be an issue.

:winner_third_h4h:

Management isn't all about just getting results on the pitch though is it? There's a lot more responsibility on your shoulders than that.

If he came out after a game, started bashing the players and saying we were rubbish (even if we were) it doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it?

Behind closed doors he may well read the riot act. Who knows.

Sir Alex Ferguson was a great advocate of this, he would defend his players to the hilt in interviews but it's well documented that they would get the 'hairdryer treatment' if he felt they underperformed.

What would it actually achieve for LJ to slate players/performances in a public forum? Genuine question.

2 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Management isn't all about just getting results on the pitch though is it? There's a lot more responsibility on your shoulders than that.

If he came out after a game, started bashing the players and saying we were rubbish (even if we were) it doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it?

Sir Alex Ferguson was a great advocate of this, he would defend his players to the hilt in interviews but it's well documented that they would get the 'hairdryer treatment' if he felt they underperformed.

What would it actually achieve for LJ to slate players/performances in a public forum? Genuine question.

And to the point when he’s done this (Mags vs Preston last year, Baker vs Burton this), an immediate flurry of posts about how he’s “lost the dressing room” and stating the player is leaving. Even when he drops a player, that thread gets started and taken as gospel by some.

He’s done a lot right, and a fair bit wrong (I despise this thinking of the opposition more than our team characteristic he has) - but in respect of the above, with some, he’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t 

6 hours ago, KingLear said:

He doesn't have to slate individuals but now that we have failed to reach the play offs he can surely acknowledge that compared to the standards set during the first half of the season, the second half has been unacceptable. The players are surely paid well enough to take collective responsibility for this.

6 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

He doesn't have to slate individuals but now that we have failed to reach the play offs he can surely acknowledge that compared to the standards set during the first half of the season, the second half has been unacceptable. The players are surely paid well enough to take collective responsibility for this.

True I think (hope) his analysis of this season will perhaps be more honest once all matches have been played. 

It goes without saying I think everyone will be interested to hear what LJ has to say about 2018 as a whole. I would like to hear why he thinks we dropped away from the top 6 and what changes will be made to mitigate this going forward.

17 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Post match interview.

The home team would normally be expected to have the majority of the game, but that aside yesterday was one of the most one sided games I have ever seen. No way was it in anyway even. I’m usually pretty balanced on the whole, can see things from both sides but I cannot see where Lee is getting that from. I haven’t seen the pocession stat, but I can’t believe that will shed any light as even when we did have the ball we did little with it. 

We were very, very quiet as away fans, possibly the worst we have ever been. But there was absolutely nothing to sing about. A damp squib all round. 

19 hours ago, KingLear said:

It would make some fans happy as they'd have yet another stick to beat him with. The bloke is damned if he does and damned if he don't.

Archived