IGNORED

Big congrats to our former manager...

BS4 on Tour...

Roy Hodgson took over at Palace this season when they had played 7 won 0 drawn 0 lost 7 scored zero.....and he has kept them up....what a tremendous achievement....he was our manager at our lowest ebb...operating under incredible pressure...yet some on here still think it’s ‘hilarious’ to call him Woy and mock his voice. To me, they are pathetic, but Roy played a big part in our history and has now proved he can still cut it at Premier League level..

Quality manager - just watching MOTD (for first time this season) and noted the number of players hugging him - mutual respect achieves a lot.

Incredible turnaround since he arrived and there won’t be many Palace fans mocking his speech.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Roy Hodgson took over at Palace this season when they had played 7 won 0 drawn 0 lost 7 scored zero.....and he has kept them up....what a tremendous achievement....he was our manager at our lowest ebb...operating under incredible pressure...yet some on here still think it’s ‘hilarious’ to call him Woy and mock his voice. To me, they are pathetic, but Roy played a big part in our history and has now proved he can still cut it at Premier League level..

Fair play to Woy he has done a great job, fair play to him.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He didn’t have much of a League Cup run though! :whistle:

8 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

I will never be able to forgive him for that night in Nice. 

Probably is a decent guy, but he behaved very poorly over the whole thing. 

Stevo

I wasn't around for his City days but I can't forgive the guy for the shambles we witnessed in Brazil. I'm not just talking about the results/performances either. 

Cracking turnaround at Palace though - they were a complete mess at the start of the season.

I rolled my eyes when Crystal Palace took him on, but Palace is Roy’s club so he is obviously passionate about the job and it has rubbed off on his players. Palace also have an absolute gem in Zaha and it shows when he comes back from the African Cup of Nations he helps to turn around Palace’s fortunes.

Credit where credit is due. Well done Roy.

17 hours ago, MC26 said:

I wasn't around for his City days but I can't forgive the guy for the shambles we witnessed in Brazil. I'm not just talking about the results/performances either. 

Cracking turnaround at Palace though - they were a complete mess at the start of the season.

In fairness to his predeccessors he was blessed with 3 strikers coming back from injury shortly after his arrival; on paper Palace were always going to stay up. Nevertheless he has done well.

On 29/04/2018 at 01:02, AshtonGreat said:

He was a bloody awful manager for England

Just like pretty much every England manager since Venebles (and even he only won 2 games out of 5 at Euro 96).

When decent managers keep failing in the same job, it says more about the job itself than the individual in my opinion. A poisoned chalice.

14 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Why are we being nice to him?

He had a chance to say good things about City following our cup win last year and i don't recall detecting any fondness for City at all pre or post match, just excuses for why his team lost (see England defeats for further evidence).

I noticed this at the time too.  

On 29/04/2018 at 08:58, MC26 said:

How was Brazil a shambles? We had a very tough group and only lost by a goal to Italy and Uruguay 

6 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

How was Brazil a shambles? We had a very tough group and only lost by a goal to Italy and Uruguay 

We failed to win a game in our group? I would say though the Euros was far worse, no idea why he was still in charge tbh.

44 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

I probably see it from a slightly exaggerated point of view after spending the crazy money I had to just to be there. Whilst I didn't expect much from the Tournament, going out in the group stage picking up a single point in a group topped by Costa Rica is a shambles in my eyes. 

We were slightly unfortunate in the Italy game but we deserved nothing in the other 2. Uruguay did a job on us and despite dominating against Costa Rica, we didn't really look like we were going to score at any point. Strangely Keylor Navas (Costa Rica's GK) got man of the match for that game and we literally had 1 shot on target. 

Before the football had even started Hodgson made the whole City of Manaus hate us with his comments before the tournament. He said that nobody wants to go to Manaus and unsurprisingly the locals took that rather personally. He referenced the climate and how football shouldn't be played in such conditions. In reality, after the kick off time was moved, the conditions were far more favourable than those we faced in Belo Horizonte - the heat on that day was quite something. 

His team selection in the final game was terrible too. The game meant nothing in the end but you go to the World Cup to play your best players, what are you going to learn putting out a makeshift team for 1 game. 

Luckily, the rest of the month in Brazil away from England games and football was quite incredible... 

Archived