IGNORED

January

BCFC_Josh

For me this is the defining moment of the season. We had the chance to sign a proven championship striker. We didn't. We had the chance to sign a RB as it was a position we didnt have any cover in. We didn't. If you could go back to January who would you have signed?

13 minutes ago, BCFC Josh said:

For me this is the defining moment of the season. We had the chance to sign a proven championship striker. We didn't. We had the chance to sign a RB as it was a position we didnt have any cover in. We didn't. If you could go back to January who would you have signed?

Walsh - for the future

No-one else.  I’d have rotated more earlier in the season, certainly December when we had cup games and our rivals didn’t.  Opportunities to play Magnússon, Eliasson, Woodrow, Taylor, Kelly, Vyner, etc, in odd games, or for bits of games.  That’s 6 players, who could’ve eased the burden.

i certainly wouldn’t have brought in a Winger - Kent.

Diony - I can understand, a gamble that didn’t work.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Walsh - for the future

No-one else.  I’d have rotated more earlier in the season, certainly December when we had cup games and our rivals didn’t.  Opportunities to play Magnússon, Eliasson, Woodrow, Taylor, Kelly, Vyner, etc, in odd games, or for bits of games.  That’s 6 players, who could’ve eased the burden.

I hold out hope for Walsh.

We did rotate early in the season, at least with the MF. Josh, Pack and Smith all playing CMF at times. Injuries seemed to stop that , and not necessarily injuries to MF. It does seem that LJ doesn't trust his own signings at times , if he did I think the others may have been used more.

We had a loan winger that didn't work, we signed a winger that didn't play so we sign a third that didn't work before releasing  we don't play with wingers?

Totally agree on Diony , there may be a decent player there. In hindsight maybe a bit optimistic to expect him to come into the Championship and hit the ground running though.

The summer, as always , will be very important .

9 hours ago, BCFC Josh said:

I laughed at jerome going Derby & he scored some crucial goals.

mitrovic & Grabban as well proved there worth in making the difference.

mitrovic or Grabban be my choice 

15 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Can't understand people who think we would have been able to outbid fuham or villa for players... 

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Can't understand people who think we would have been able to outbid fuham or villa for players... 

Outbid? There loans & the prize of Prem football is there for the club.

if lansdown wanted to he could sponsor the club the entire amount, he didn’t instead he took up 2 loans 1 has a huge fine attached to it for non playing which be about the same as 1 of the names coming here.

3 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

if lansdown wanted to he could sponsor the club the entire amount, he didn’t instead he took up 2 loans 1 has a huge fine attached to it for non playing which be about the same as 1 of the names coming here.

Loans still require us to pay a certain amount of the players wage and a loan fee, for those two that would have been a lot of money and maybe more than we could afford. 

Add in to that the fact that the player maybe wanted to join a bigger club over us and your argument isn't really that strong... 

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Loans still require us to pay a certain amount of the players wage and a loan fee, for those two that would have been a lot of money and maybe more than we could afford. 

Add in to that the fact that the player maybe wanted to join a bigger club over us and your argument isn't really that strong... 

:laugh: 

the club have paid fees & wages for 2 players not making the bench.

add on top a 300k fine for not playing Kent & I suspect that you could of got 1 the above for the same money or a little bit more

Didn’t even need a striker really. Ok it took Fam until mid Feb to get back up to speed with everyone else but we are ok with strikers with Diony not even needed on the bench anymore. 

@Davefevs is spot on and think we have both been saying it for awhile. LJ didn’t rotate what we had enough all the way back to november. Maybe we drop a few more points playing the likes of Eliasson, Kelly, Vyner and Woodrow. Though, I think we’d have fresher players even now for it. 

The positions we really needed to strengthen in were RB and CM. RB was inexcusable as we knew it was a problem for months and knew it would he a problem for months(Pisano expected back March at the time and would assume would take another month or so to get back to top level). Should have had something lined up for Jan 1st. Then CM where we have not been able to rotate Smith or Pack all season. Don’t mind Brownhill out wide with COD out but needed some competition and cover ready to go. Think Walsh will be a good one but wasn’t ready to help a playoff team. As unsexy as they sound, a Gosling or Westwood type would have been nice. Not playing much I don’t think for their prem teams. Failing that maybe a championship CM that has been overlooked lately. 

9 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

add on top a 300k fine for not playing Kent & I suspect that you could of got 1 the above for the same money or a little bit more

We may well have been able to pay the millions to get them in but why would any player want to join us over two former premier league clubs who have been in Europe? 

And who's to say that having spent millions on either Grabban or mitrovic they would have had an impact? 

55 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

32 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

23 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Ah - some of your posts make sense now.

Your suggestions are completely unrealistic options, cloud cuckoo land stuff IMO.

SL - just stick your hand in your pocket and splash out more cash??! Forget the millions you've already spent on the ground and will do for the training. We want more.

Lewis Grabban is on £30k a week (that's £600k for 5 months - plus any bonuses) and there was no doubt a multi-million pound loan fee. 

Even with the alleged hit of a 300k fine for Kent, that's half the wages of Grabban.

Bottom line and i'm surprised people still haven't worked this out, City won't and can't compete with the likes of Derby, Villa, Wolves, Fulham on wages for the likes of Jerome, Mitrovic etc.

Even taking aside that those players don't fit the clubs transfer policy, we can't afford them, when these clubs above have wages bills 2 or 3 times the size of ours. We are talking 10's of millions different.

11 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Ah - some of your posts make sense now.

Your suggestions are completely unrealistic options, cloud cuckoo land stuff IMO.

SL - just stick your hand in your pocket and splash out more cash??! Forget the millions you've already spent on the ground and will do for the training. We want more.

Lewis Grabban is on £30k a week (that's £600k for 5 months - plus any bonuses) and there was no doubt a multi-million pound loan fee. 

Even with the alleged hit of a 300k fine for Kent, that's half the wages of Grabban.

Bottom line and i'm surprised people still haven't worked this out, City won't and can't compete with the likes of Derby, Villa, Wolves, Fulham on wages for the likes of Jerome, Mitrovic etc.

Even taking aside that those players don't fit the clubs transfer policy, we can't afford them, when these clubs above have wages bills 2 or 3 times the size of ours. We are talking 10's of millions different.

Yet can spend the money on the 2 loans, take a fine.

pay what must be at least 5mill on Engvall & Ellison who don’t get a look in.

GON allegedly here, Hegeler allegedly here, Djuric bought for what must be 2 mill injured, still is injured.

Got the Maggers bought for millions but not liked.

Tomlin saga

but City can’t splash the cash or move people on to free up cash get that bit of quality in tonpush over the finishing line?

Behave fella there wasting Millions when it suits Steve Lansdown

Liam walsh was bought for a million quid as one for the future, when we clearly needed people to come in now, kent and diony will have had loan fees but have have been virtually useless. We royally ballsd it up in january, and we have spent the kodjia/bolasie fees, and the most valuable players we have are flint bryan and reid who werent purchased with the kodjia money. So all in all things are going swimmingly.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Walsh - for the future

Agree with most of that Dave.....although this cup run ‘burden’ thing has been mentioned by a lot of people...we only had one cup game throughout the whole of November and December...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Agree with most of that Dave.....although this cup run ‘burden’ thing has been mentioned by a lot of people...we only had one cup game in December...

Let’s be all be honest if it wasn’t for the cup run & the Manchester clubs these of been a very shit season 

13 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Yet can spend the money on the 2 loans, take a fine.

Still less than half the money Villa probably spent on Grabban.

pay what must be at least 5mill on Engvall & Ellison who don’t get a look in.

£3.2m not 5. Engvall was a failure, that's been done to death. It happens, that's football. Elliasson has been in and around the first team and is still too soon to judge.

GON allegedly here, Hegeler allegedly here, Djuric bought for what must be 2 mill injured, still is injured.

Djuric was £1.6m and is not still injured, in yesterdays squad. He has played an important part at times this season. GON and Hegeler injuries cannot be predicted, that's football.

Got the Maggers bought for millions but not liked.

Hörður has made 31 appearances this season, not liked? No. Not first choice, yes. He is a squad player.

Tomlin saga

Again, win some lose some. On Tomlin - Bournemouth got it wrong, City got it wrong, Cardiff got it wrong. Move on.

but City can’t splash the cash or move people on to free up cash get that bit of quality in tonpush over the finishing line?

You've talked about all those million pound fees and then say we can't splash the cash? We've spent within our means and FFP to keep up, Djuric, COD, Famara, Baker etc. We've done well to move people on for good fees, Tomlin, Agard to name two.

Behave fella there wasting Millions when it suits Steve Lansdown

That's running a football club, you waste millions just surviving. But the fact is you have to draw the line somewhere, and as i've already pointed out, if you just sit on your keyboard and write I just don't understand why the club didn't just go out and sign Grabban or Mitrovic, you show that you haven't got a clue of the reality of this league, fella.

6 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Let’s be all be honest if it wasn’t for the cup run & the Manchester clubs these of been a very shit season 

Finishing 10th wouldn’t be classed as a shit season. The tail-off in form from January however...that was shit. 

More like a limp ending for the second half of the season. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Agree with most of that Dave.....although this cup run ‘burden’ thing has been mentioned by a lot of people...we only had one cup game throughout the whole of November and December...

Yeah, you’re right, it was more the knackering of the same players in that period, then expecting those sane players to cope with the busy Xmas period, followed by January, FAC + Manchester semi.  Badly worded, my bad :P

Archived