IGNORED

if you had an input into the new season fixtures what would you like

My ideal fixure list are that all long distance fixtures are played on Saturdays

No concern about any of the teams coming down from the top flight

Current teams in our division

Preston Boro Sheffield(2) norwich leeds Ipswich hull barnsley

third tier to arrive Wigan Blackburn

then one of shrewsbury Scunthorpe rotherham charleton plymouth(yes please)

Games Sat & Tue 20th and 23rd of October after the international break 8th-16th of October. We are planning to come over. An alternative date is the 6th of October. The only thing that troubles me is the football. We are always shit when we come over (Leeds (h) 0-3, Barnsley (a) 2-2). One guy got 0-8 in goal difference in games watched live :)

14 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

My ideal fixure list are that all long distance fixtures are played on Saturdays

And at the start and end of the season when the weather is fine and there's more daylight for travelling in.

I'd also like to revert to the tradition of local rivals playing other areas rivals. City v Middlesbrough and Sunderland v Rovers. Arsenal v Liverpool, Everton v Spurs etc.

11 minutes ago, 22A said:

International breaks only for clubs who have three or more players away on international duty.

Like we do?

Wright, Mags, COD....possibly Diedhiou going forward.  Kelly if u21s count, assuming he upgrades from u20s.

13 hours ago, Spoons said:

I just want this season finished with and don't even want to think about next season yet! 

Also never been so dis_ interested in a world cup summer as this.

Football detox needed. 

I can't even remember who is in our group. Neither do I know when the WC starts or when our group games are scheduled. Ordinarily I'd have half days and the like already booked-off around any early kick-offs, including any potential knock-out fixtures. This year, I'll take my chances. Which is more than the England team are likely to do.

13 hours ago, Spoons said:

I just want this season finished with and don't even want to think about next season yet! 

Football detox needed. 

Me too....I’m gonna go somewhere quiet and just play my guitar....not interested in the World Cup at all, can’t believe a lot of our fans are happy with this season....comparing it with last season’s finish is lazy....we had a real chance this season, but suddenly we haven’t won away for FIVE months and can’t seem to get a shot on target....but, but, but, but....we beat Man Utd....so what?

We beat Liverpool away in 1994 yet loads on here still slag off Russell Osman (our manager that night) and today I saw Robbored on here slagging off Glenn Pennyfather who played at Anfield that night....so one off cup ‘triumphs’ are soon forgotten....until we stick a tinpot graphic glorifying one game on the walls under the South Stand....

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Me too....I’m gonna go somewhere quiet and just play my guitar....not interested in the World Cup at all, can’t believe a lot of our fans are happy with this season....comparing it with last season’s finish is lazy....we had a real chance this season, but suddenly we haven’t won away for FIVE months and can’t seem to get a shot on target....but, but, but, but....we beat Man Utd....so what?

We beat Liverpool away in 1994 yet loads on here still slag off Russell Osman (our manager that night) and today I saw Robbored on here slagging off Glenn Pennyfather who played at Anfield that night....so one off cup ‘triumphs’ are soon forgotten....until we stick a tinpot graphic glorifying one game on the walls under the South Stand....

Yeah, but what does Robbored know about City?

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve got a lot of time for PNE - great club and great fans...however, I think Cardiff will go up with Wolves and then Fulham will win the play offs...

They probably will but I'd rather Boro went up because I like going to Craven cottage. Plus, I wouldn't mind going to Deepdale, I couldn't get there this season due to it being a Tuesday night.

18 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

They probably will but I'd rather Boro went up because I like going to Craven cottage. Plus, I wouldn't mind going to Deepdale, I couldn't get there this season due to it being a Tuesday night.

Totally agree....I love going to Craven Cottage....I remember after we won there 0-1 on Boxing Day (1989?) some of their fans were well ‘up for it’ after the game....everyone thinks Fulham away is a soft touch, but they have their boys....even if they don’t play up very often! And the title of their fanzine is just legendary....”There’s only one F in Fulham...”

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Can’t like this post enough :clap:

Bored of people being impressed over a one off game over a team, Man U, who were what, less than 30 places above us in the pyramid? It was fun, and I was ecstatic but bit tinpot to think that makes a successful season.

18 hours ago, Spoons said:

Football detox needed. 

Although i would just add that i would definitely want Arsenal to start at their place, same as 1976, with the same result. And it is Arsenal that we have not played for the longest stretch of time, in all competitions; early 1980. Next up Stoke, just like 1976, with all of us cheering Paul Cheesely on the moment Dennis Smith stopped his career. And at that moment I suddenly realise we are still in the second tier and Arsenal was a video I watched the week before after we had lost at Ewood Park.

13 hours ago, RumRed said:

Can’t like this post enough :clap:

Bored of people being impressed over a one off game over a team, Man U, who were what, less than 30 places above us in the pyramid? It was fun, and I was ecstatic but bit tinpot to think that makes a successful season.

I don't think beating United makes it a successful season at all. But you can probably count top 10 Div 2 finishes on one hand in my time (30 years)

So, yeah. I'm not unhappy about this season. Massive **** up since Christmas, but if you'd have offered me 10th / 11th place finish in August I'd have snapped your hand off

As for fixtures. Cardiff, home and away in the league please. Couldn't really give a toss about anyone else, but I'd love it, love it, if they **** it up from here

Archived