IGNORED

if you had an input into the new season fixtures what would you like

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Would you have snapped someone’s hand off for 10th / 11th on New Years Eve?

No, of course I wouldn't
But look at the clubs we were fighting with. Big clubs, PL money
Look at where we'd come from, two relegation fights in the last two years

We'd have been buried in the PL, single figure points. We're not ready. Was a lovely dream, give me another two or three years at this level, getting better and improving the squad

10 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

No, of course I wouldn't
But look at the clubs we were fighting with. Big clubs, PL money
Look at where we'd come from, two relegation fights in the last two years

We'd have been buried in the PL, single figure points. We're not ready. Was a lovely dream, give me another two or three years at this level, getting better and improving the squad

Fair play, cheers for the reply...

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair play, cheers for the reply...

Ha - I'm not sure if you're taking the piss with the reply or not!?

Post Christmas has been a monumental **** up. The transfer policy in January was confusing, to say the least. Another long spell of not looking like getting a win, or even a shot on target is concerning. Do I want LJ sacked, I don't think I'm there right now. Am I fed up with the same mistakes seemingly happen year after year, absolutely. He's young, he's going to make mistakes, and he has SLs absolute confidence and backing (from what we are told), so we have to suck that up

On the other side of the fence, Pato hasn't been the same player since whatever the virus it was he had at Christmas. CoD was flying (finally), then gets injured. We'd already lost GoN, Hegeler, Fammy (I'm sure I'm missing a few here as well) to serious, long term injuries. The lads who stayed fit were flogged to death, they were never going to be able to keep that intensity up until May
Pisano - forgot him, he looked amazing early doors. Another one who has struggled a little since

And the other side of that odd looking fence. Bobby has been unbelievable. Kelly has shown us all what a top player he could be. The lad on loan at Plymouth (cannot remember his name for the life of me!) has done brilliantly down there and looks like he could be able to come and challenge for a spot here next season. Korey and Marlon have shown they belong at this level. Brownhill has shown at times, Flint has continued to show he's a valuable asset 

I'm still half full. Maybe even 2/3rds full

But, as I said this time last season, a poor start to next season and SL has a call to make

To be honest, I'm just glad it's over. Going to enjoy the summer with my family, be intrigued at who we get linked with during that time, and give it another shot next season. I confidently predicted relegation with an absolute maximum of 14 points for this season to my friends last summer. I've had my heart broken too many times by this lot to get too worked up about it

17 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Subbuteo days are over,due to the fact that you can see them in fleash within an hour of them being scored.

I did enjoy doing the Subbuteo pictures though.

I thought Sky would be interested, what with losing the Liga rights.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Ha - I'm not sure if you're taking the piss with the reply or not!?

Post Christmas has been a monumental **** up. The transfer policy in January was confusing, to say the least. Another long spell of not looking like getting a win, or even a shot on target is concerning. Do I want LJ sacked, I don't think I'm there right now. Am I fed up with the same mistakes seemingly happen year after year, absolutely. He's young, he's going to make mistakes, and he has SLs absolute confidence and backing (from what we are told), so we have to suck that up

On the other side of the fence, Pato hasn't been the same player since whatever the virus it was he had at Christmas. CoD was flying (finally), then gets injured. We'd already lost GoN, Hegeler, Fammy (I'm sure I'm missing a few here as well) to serious, long term injuries. The lads who stayed fit were flogged to death, they were never going to be able to keep that intensity up until May
Pisano - forgot him, he looked amazing early doors. Another one who has struggled a little since

And the other side of that odd looking fence. Bobby has been unbelievable. Kelly has shown us all what a top player he could be. The lad on loan at Plymouth (cannot remember his name for the life of me!) has done brilliantly down there and looks like he could be able to come and challenge for a spot here next season. Korey and Marlon have shown they belong at this level. Brownhill has shown at times, Flint has continued to show he's a valuable asset 

I'm still half full. Maybe even 2/3rds full

But, as I said this time last season, a poor start to next season and SL has a call to make

To be honest, I'm just glad it's over. Going to enjoy the summer with my family, be intrigued at who we get linked with during that time, and give it another shot next season. I confidently predicted relegation with an absolute maximum of 14 points for this season to my friends last summer. I've had my heart broken too many times by this lot to get too worked up about it

No, that was a genuine reply mate...wasn’t taking the piss...

A few years ago City were at Huddersfield on a Saturday and stayed over to play Bradford on the Tuesday.

Any chance of playing away to Ipswich & Norwich like that or, Leeds and Hull (or if they come down Huddersfield) and the two Sheffield clubs?

On 04/05/2018 at 18:35, Nomad said:

Revert to 10 minute break at HT like the good old days.

No chance; it suits the TV companies to have a 15 minute break so that the 2nd half starts one hour after the first half did. It makes programme scheduling sooo much easier.

Just out of interest, I've a copy of the Rules of the Game (1971 edition) when half time was always ten minutes. Rule seven, paragraph four; "The half time interval shall not exceed five minutes except by consent of the Referee".

Archived