IGNORED

Forest Highlights - Tomlin

Dullmoan Tone

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think Bobby is incredibly skilled, I just think he is more conventional in his use of it. But he has the ability to excite with a touch, or a turn to beat people andpick out the perfect pass like the one to Famara for his second goal against Hull.

Bobby Reid is technically adept. He is not incredibly skilled. According to City coaches the most rounded is Joe Bryan. 

There is a point here about fans attitudes to players. Players are labelled a, b, c and topically at the moment bottlers, but unless you believe football talent is natural and individuals leave the womb born to be football players it says something about ourselves. 99%+ of us simply do not have the mind set to devote ourselves to getting ourselves to even close to the level of Reid, or Tomlin. If it was so easy and these players were all the things you can read on Otib we would all be professional football players ourselves.

There will be people accusing players of all sorts who are overweight, could not do twenty kicks ups and couldn't hit the other side of the road with a football!

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

100% he’s playing for a contract at Florist, he lives in Leicester so no-brainer for him.

Marlon knows the score...

9CEA0550-29FD-4C9B-B051-AB88D3C5594F.thumb.png.d46f1bcf64730c330556040c4670bc21.png

I have no idea what the emojis mean, anyone care to enlighten me?

Marlon if you’re going to call someone out as an idiot check your spelling 3 times before you post!

• Admin
6 hours ago, RumRed said:

Marlon if you’re going to call someone out as an idiot check your spelling 3 times before you post!

It’s ok, I suspect Tomlin won’t have noticed. ;) 

9 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Bobby Reid is technically adept. He is not incredibly skilled. According to City coaches the most rounded is Joe Bryan. 

There is a point here about fans attitudes to players. Players are labelled a, b, c and topically at the moment bottlers, but unless you believe football talent is natural and individuals leave the womb born to be football players it says something about ourselves. 99%+ of us simply do not have the mind set to devote ourselves to getting ourselves to even close to the level of Reid, or Tomlin. If it was so easy and these players were all the things you can read on Otib we would all be professional football players ourselves.

There will be people accusing players of all sorts who are overweight, could not do twenty kicks ups and couldn't hit the other side of the road with a football!

I think that's very interesting, so why do you think that Tomlin is unable to produce a quality performance on a regular basis?

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think that's very interesting, so why do you think that Tomlin is unable to produce a quality performance on a regular basis?

Because he is human. Performance is multi faceted. Bristol City players right now are unable as a squad to produce quality performance on a regular basis. It does not make them weak, lazy, unmotivated ... They are human, but the reality is they are stronger than most to become pros in the first place. Its dedication, motivation and drive sometimes to scary levels that make them pro  players.

Each player faces physical, technical, tactical, mental, emotional and more challenges to produce those performances. Those challenges can be multiplied by other factors e.g. lifestyle choices, age, opportunity etc.

Lee Tomlin may have already reached his physical potential, and is at the limits of his realistic performance.

When all the above stars align you have the Superstars. But we measure players by standards of the top, and standards we almost certainly did not, and do not  approach ourselves.

2 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Because he is human. Performance is multi faceted. Bristol City players right now are unable as a squad to produce quality performance on a regular basis. It does not make them weak, lazy, unmotivated ... They are human, but the reality is they are stronger than most to become pros in the first place. Its dedication, motivation and drive sometimes to scary levels that make them pro  players.

Each player faces physical, technical, tactical, mental, emotional and more challenges to produce those performances. Those challenges can be multiplied by other factors e.g. lifestyle choices, age, opportunity etc.

Lee Tomlin may have already reached his physical potential, and is at the limits of his realistic performance.

When all the above stars align you have the Superstars. But we measure players by standards of the top, and standards we almost certainly did not, and do not  approach ourselves.

Thank you, it's interesting to hear this stuff from (I'm guessing) a coaches perspective. I train people for a living, not physical training, but I see the same issues regarding, motivation, attitude, preparation etc. I guess this is all part of what the current Management team term "DNA". 

11 hours ago, RumRed said:

Corn emoji, he’s basically calling him a dick and then laughing. 

17 minutes ago, RedM said:

Corn emoji, he’s basically calling him a dick and then laughing. 

Excuse my ageing ignorance M 

Help educate us  :help:

What is the corn emoji about / signifying / symbolising

Im sure there’s an obvious link / explanation but It’s lost on me !!!!

:dunno:

25 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It appears to be purely phallic "Bob" judging by this.......

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopoulos/complete-dictionary-of-dirty-emojis?utm_term=.poVnqnAwrW#.tpdEYEKa7d

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Weird one innit.

Like how an aubergine indicates a cock. 

Or a peach indicates yer arse.

Or a little picture of Lee Tomlin indicates a sausage rolling snorting, chubby scrote.

5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Weird one innit.

Like how an aubergine indicates a cock. 

Or a peach indicates yer arse.

Or a little picture of Lee Tomlin indicates a sausage rolling snorting, chubby scrote.

I believe it’s a kind of code people (youngsters, and now footballers ) can text to eachother without arousing suspicions of teachers/parents. Sexting with emojis. #DownWivDaKidz

Just now, RedM said:

I believe it’s a kind of code people (youngsters) can text to eachother without arousing suspicions of teachers/parents. Sexting with emojis. 

Hmm, aubergine and corn on the cob,  the girls maybe a bit disappointed when moving onto 3rd base

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

Hmm, aubergine and corn on the cob,  the girls maybe a bit disappointed when moving onto 3rd base

Press stud and jelly bean might've been more appropriate.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sure you’ve read the posts above but some suggestion that it’s more phallic PH !!!!

:laughcont:

:ill: :blink::dunno:

I have but I think I’ve heard Tomlin say that before.. possibly in that pre season video where him and Wilbraham go through their teammates and joke about them!

Pretty sure it’s all fairly good natured anyway, although watching that video at the time I got the sense Tomlin seemed the type to take things a bit far

13 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

He reported me on twitter Saturday and I only suggested he ran through brick walls for KFC rather than his football club. 

Some people :disapointed2se:

You’re not the only one. I said he was baptised at Seaworld.

I meant every word.

Archived