IGNORED

The end of the match day programme? (merged)

phantom

I haven't bought a match programme for literally decades so it's no big deal to me. I think the last one bought was at Home Park in the 70s. That said I do appreciate that to some fans buying one is a part of their match day experience but I've alway felt that they were overpriced and reading this thread, they still are!

Only last weekend my parents dropped off boxes of old programmes I had bought that were gathering dust in their loft.....they are now gathering dust in my loft and will do so probably until the end of time. I still pick one up everytime I go but I only flick through them and toss them in a cupboard when I get home. Got some signed ones somewhere from when I was a lot younger - Goater, Tinnion, Goodridge, Martin Scott....

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I haven't bought a match programme for literally decades so it's no big deal to me. I think the last one bought was at Home Park in the 70s. That said I do appreciate that to some fans buying one is a part of their match day experience but I've alway felt that they were overpriced and reading this thread, they still are!

more for the football tourist nowadays.

Won't be long before the demise of the match when the games will be played in virtually empty grounds with fans globally watching on their mobiles, tablets and devices ... hence the Bristol Bears.  By the way, Pat Lam ought to double up as the City boss ... such an inspirational and charismatic guy ... Think ... Lee Johnson motivating the rugby players ... I think not ... but vice versa.  

7 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

No. it was spelt Earl I think. He always used to advertise in things like 'Shoot'. To get a starter bundle with him, you used to just have to send off something like 30 pence worth of stamps!

It was what got me into collecting them as a kid, I absolutely loved the thrill of opening a new parcel and seeing programmes from exotic far away places like Grimsby.

I did keep my programmes until my son was about 7 or 8 (He is 21 now) as I assumed he would be nerdy like me- turns out he wasn't so I gave them all away!

That's a blast from the past Miah, used to buy a lot of City programmes from him also incomplete seasons from random clubs.. 

Mind you I used to keep my Shoot league tables up to date, well, August and September anyway.. 

Interestingly, leagues like the Western League stipulate that a programme must be produced, it’s part of the league rules. 

I haven’t bought a City programme for years, but for some reason I always get one at local non league games. I always look at it as helping the club out.

9 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I feel your pain during 60's and 70's collected programmes like they were going out of fashion - seem to spend all my spare pocket money on the assumption I was big building a sizeable collection which I would one day sell and convert into a retirement nest egg.

Suffice to say my investment strategy was wrong - who would have ever thought I would be better off keeping all my original Beatles singles rather than turning them into ashtrays on the advice of Blue Peter.

Do not even get me started on my grandfathers lead soldiers which were chucked out as being old fashioned

And Dinky Toys, if only we had kept them in their boxes,  quids in now!

"This is literally NTTDS worst nightmare"

Not really,as I don't collect programmes.

I would be more upset if we didn't do a DVD season review any more.

Any way come along to the programme fair at Bath City's fround on Sunday 8th July.

Bring along your suplus programmes SUBBUTEO football DVD's and Videos and any footy books.

Archived