IGNORED

Did Stalin ever watch us?

Norn Iron

Having watched last weekend the recent film, The Death Of Stalin, I wanted to know what happened to his daughter Svetlana.

Apologies if this has been discussed before but after changing her name to Lana Peters, she lived in Bristol from the 90s until 2009.

The question, therefore, has to be asked. Did (Svetlana) Stalin ever visit Ashton Gate? The Red Army chant takes a whole new meaning if she did. 

Rovers might have the current Home Sec as a fan, but we had Stalin. Mmmmm

13 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Having watched last weekend the recent film, The Death Of Stalin, I wanted to know what happened to his daughter Svetlana.

Apologies if this has been discussed before but after changing her name to Lana Peters, she lived in Bristol from the 90s until 2009.

The question, therefore, has to be asked. Did (Svetlana) Stalin ever visit Ashton Gate? The Red Army chant takes a whole new meaning if she did. 

If she had a ST her name might be on file.

Someone could check the LP records....

20 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

How would she afford a house in Clifton? She is the daughter of a champion of the common man. She wouldn’t have any money!!

Who told you Stalin was the champion of the common man, about 3 million common Russians would disagree with that.

Also you don't need to be poor to be common just look at the present Conservative party voters.

15 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

How would she afford a house in Clifton? She is the daughter of a champion of the common man. She wouldn’t have any money!!

There is an apocryphal tale regarding a meeting between Frederick Engels and Karl Marx the authors of the Communist Manifesto. Engels was waiting for the arrival of Marx at a train station, I think, in Manchester. The train from London pulled in and Engels approached all the second and third class carriages but couldn't find Marx. Perplexed he then looked to his right at those exiting the first-class carriages and there seen Karl Marx.

'What is the meaning of this?' asked an incredulous Engels. 'The champion of the proletariat  travelling first-class!'

'My dear Engels,' Marx replied, 'we should be striving to make a world in which EVERYONE travels first-class.'

2 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

No. Although she did complain to Points West when the new Atyeo Stand was built. Spoilt her view from Clifton, or something. 

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

There is an apocryphal tale regarding a meeting between Frederick Engels and Karl Marx the authors of the Communist Manifesto. Engels was waiting for the arrival of Marx at a train station, I think, in Manchester. The train from London pulled in and Engels approached all the second and third class carriages but couldn't find Marx. Perplexed he then looked to his right at those exiting the first-class carriages and there seen Karl Marx.

'What is the meaning of this?' asked an incredulous Engels. 'The champion of the proletariat  travelling first-class!'

'My dear Engels,' Marx replied, 'we should be striving to make a world in which EVERYONE travels first-class.'

Like most politicians  EPIC FAIL

5 hours ago, handsofclay said:

This would explain the importance,  since 1990, of 5 year plans to Bristol City!

And why, since her departure, its been the 5 pillars.

3 hours ago, reddoh said:

Like most politicians  EPIC FAIL

Yes the Moscovitch never quite hit the heights for the common man.

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 23:09, CotswoldRed said:

No. Although she did complain to Points West when the new Atyeo Stand was built. Spoilt her view from Clifton, or something. 

aka  .... 'Tilly' to KGB handlers.  

(she was most upset having to buy blackout blinds for the windows after the iron curtains rusted... to make matters worse she had to tear down her party wall when neighbours objected and the council refused planning permission for it...)

On 30/04/2018 at 21:05, Norn Iron said:

Not sure if she would have approved of a capitalist running dog, like SL (Yes, I know Mao said it!)

Archived