IGNORED

Moyes V Carroll

RedM

17 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Anyone able to paste the story here so I don't have to give that shite rag the clicks?

I use an Eastern proxy so I doubt they'll get any money from my click.

HAMMER BLOW 

West Ham set to fine Andy Carroll £200,000 for training ground bust-up with David Moyes

Hammers striker was upset to be left on the bench during Manchester City defeat and left the dugout before the final whistle

By Jordan Davies
1st May 2018, 8:53 am
Updated: 1st May 2018, 9:10 am

ANDY CARROLL is facing a bumper fine of around £200,000 after being banished from West Ham’s training ground following a heated row with David Moyes.

The striker confronted his boss over his decision to snub him when he made a triple substitution in Sunday’s loss to Manchester CityBut Moyes took no prisoners and sent his moody targetman home early following an angry exchange — and could now fine Carroll two weeks wages of £200,000.

There is no suggestion the row turned physical.

Sub Carroll had stormed down the London Stadium tunnel before full-time against City and did not return to his seat as the Hammers were thumped 4-1.

He later said he had gone to use the toilet. But he was caught on camera fuming after Moyes sent on Javier Hernandez, Joao Mario and Arthur Masuaku in the 65th minute.

Andy Carroll has struggled with injuries but provides moments of real quality like his goal against Stoke

Speaking after the game, Moyes promised to “deal with” Carroll and suggested he was not being a team player.

Carroll’s involvement in Saturday’s crunch game at Leicester is now in serious jeopardy — while his future at the club under Moyes looks uncertain.

The nine-cap England international only recently returned to fitness after a four-month ankle injury, scoring in a draw with relegation rivals Stoke a fortnight ago.

Carroll, 29, has made just 14 Premier League appearances this season — seven as a sub — and scored three goals.

West Ham did not respond when contacted by SunSport for a comment.

This is not the first time Carroll has been on the wrong side of Moyes.

The Scotsman criticised him for a poor performance in a 2-0 loss to Watford shortly after taking over in November.

Meanwhile, Pablo Zabaleta admitted he played a big part in his old club’s latest record. City became the quickest team ever to reach a century of Premier League goals.

And it was West Ham defender Zaba who brought up the 100.

The Argentine, 33, said: “I’ve been told it’s a Zabaleta own goal so I helped City for the record.”

15 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

So that's what, couple of weeks wages? Loose change to him probably.

It's probably more than you think, to him. Obviously we should be no means feel sorry for him, but £200k certainly won't be 'loose change'.

Even at £80k a week, that's a take home pay of under £200k a month before any other costs (which will scale up massively when paying agents, gardener, cleaner, hefty mortgage, car payments and whatever else goes with his no-doubt luxury lifestyle).

I'd guess it's at least a few months of his disposable income. Would you describe that as loose change if you lost that?

It's all relative of course, but just saying, it's probably a bit more significant to him than you would initially think. Don't lose any sleep over it though, he's obviously a bit of a bell.

2 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

It's probably more than you think, to him. Obviously we should be no means feel sorry for him, but £200k certainly won't be 'loose change'.

Even at £80k a week, that's a take home pay of under £200k a month before any other costs (which will scale up massively when paying agents, gardener, cleaner, hefty mortgage, car payments and whatever else goes with his no-doubt luxury lifestyle).

I'd guess it's at least a few months of his disposable income. Would you describe that as loose change if you lost that?

It's all relative of course, but just saying, it's probably a bit more significant to him than you would initially think. Don't lose any sleep over it though, he's obviously a bit of a bell.

Surely it will come from gross pay, not take home. 

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Surely it will come from gross pay, not take home. 

You're right, that's what I get for not actually reading the article.

I was thinking it was just a £200k fine of some sort given to him. It clearly says it is just two week's docked wages in the article though :read:

My mistake.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If it was a training ground bust up, what's the photo in the OP got to do with it?

The photo was from the match the day before. Moysie said afterwards he was doing to deal with Carroll, and it looks like he has. So it comes down to who is the boss, who holds the power I guess as they are still in a relegation scrap. Will Carroll play for him, will he pick Carroll. 

Will we see either of them next season!

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If it was a training ground bust up, what's the photo in the OP got to do with it?

46 minutes ago, RedM said:

The photo was from the match the day before. Moysie said afterwards he was doing to deal with Carroll, and it looks like he has. So it comes down to who is the boss, who holds the power I guess as they are still in a relegation scrap. Will Carroll play for him, will he pick Carroll. 

Will we see either of them next season!

As I understand it Carroll threw his teddy down on Sunday ,when Moyes brought on a Sub , but not him

Words and Carroll unprofessionally stormed off to the dressing room in a hissy  

Carroll and Moyes then have words at the training ground about it 

Talking about ‘Nice work if you can get it’. (If you bother to turn up that is).

Noticed this :blink:

ROSS MCCORMACK SET FOR £1M BONUS

01/05/18

Aston Villa’s out-of-favour striker Ross McCormack will be given almost £1m on top of his salary if the club are promoted to the Premier League, SSN understands, even though he hasn’t played a Championship game for the club this season.

McCormack joined Villa for £12m in the summer of 2016, but has fallen out with manager Steve Bruce after a number of off-field disagreements – including one in January last year, when McCormack failed to turn up for training because his electric gates wouldn’t open.

It’s thought McCormack earns over £2.3m a year in wages, and contractual commitments mean his salary would automatically increase to over £3m if Villa win the play offs.

He has two years left on his contract, but has been on loan at Melbourne City in Autralia since September.

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Talking about ‘Nice work if you can get it’. (If you bother to turn up that is).

01/05/18

Aston Villa’s out-of-favour striker Ross McCormack will be given almost £1m on top of his salary if the club are promoted to the Premier League, SSN understands, even though he hasn’t played a Championship game for the club this season.

McCormack joined Villa for £12m in the summer of 2016, but has fallen out with manager Steve Bruce after a number of off-field disagreements – including one in January last year, when McCormack failed to turn up for training because his electric gates wouldn’t open.

It’s thought McCormack earns over £2.3m a year in wages, and contractual commitments mean his salary would automatically increase to over £3m if Villa win the play offs.

He has two years left on his contract, but has been on loan at Melbourne City in Autralia since September.

Nearly as good as being a bank executive! :whistle:

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

01/05/18

So basically on £45k per week on a contract signed two years ago.  That’s the reality of clubs and wages we are dealing with.  That’s probably £60-70k per week this summer!

Archived