IGNORED

Sunday crowd

JBFC II

Apparently we've sold 22000 for Sunday.

Now I know the real attendance will be somewhere around 19-20k but that shows how much the club has progressed.

We are now getting over 20000 for a dead rubber at the end of the season at full price, compare that to the 13-14000 we were getting 4 or 5 years ago.

Now, I know the second half of the season has been awful and it feels like the club doesn't want to progress but these numbers show that we are. Our fans base is full of young kids who will be the next generation and so it is only going to grow in number.

Now if the team could consistently perform who knows what that would do for attracting even more fans to the Gate, we all want to see a packed out AG every week and the only way that's going to happen is through consistent success on the pitch so it's down to LJ to sort that out, but the structure is there for him to do that in a way that no other manager in the clubs history has had it.

• The title was changed to Sunday crowd
22 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Me and the boy are going. :ph34r:

Starve yourself and the boy until pre match.... It will help you get thru the cut price pies, pasties and burgers. Oh and with the burger discard the bun or you will fail to get past number 5.

20 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I predict absolutely no one will bother turning up on Saturday! 

Frankly I would sooner put pins in my eyes than sit through another 90 minutes of the turgid dross we're serving up at the minute.

The fact that it's a 1230 kick off makes it even less attractive, if that's possible.

3 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Frankly I would sooner put pins in my eyes than sit through another 90 minutes of the turgid dross we're serving up at the minute.

I felt like that under a different manager but I still went along to watch even tho I new what was coming.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I felt like that under a different manager but I still went along to watch even tho I new what was coming.

Well done you.

I wonder who you could mean, I don't think you've mentioned disliking a previous manager before?

53 minutes ago, Stortz said:

The fact that it's a 1230 kick off makes it even less attractive, if that's possible.

Yeah, those ten goal matches are so dull.

19 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I didn't say it was 'dull' though, I said it was turgid dross.

I obviously don't enjoy conceding 5 at home as much as you evidently do.

Well I’m not sure what turgid means in your head, but in mine it means dull, tedious, boring. The dictionaries seem to say pompous or pretentious too, but that’s difficult to apply to a football match.

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Apparently we've sold 22000 for Sunday.

Now I know the real attendance will be somewhere around 19-20k but that shows how much the club has progressed.

We are now getting over 20000 for a dead rubber at the end of the season at full price, compare that to the 13-14000 we were getting 4 or 5 years ago.

Now, I know the second half of the season has been awful and it feels like the club doesn't want to progress but these numbers show that we are. Our fans base is full of young kids who will be the next generation and so it is only going to grow in number.

Now if the team could consistently perform who knows what that would do for attracting even more fans to the Gate, we all want to see a packed out AG every week and the only way that's going to happen is through consistent success on the pitch so it's down to LJ to sort that out, but the structure is there for him to do that in a way that no other manager in the clubs history has had it.

2000 Sheff Utd fans. Still 3 days

allocated 2600

The “wisdom of crowds” suggests that the aggregate guess of many individual opinions can often be more accurate than each individual guess alone. In other words, if sufficient people on the forum estimate Sunday’s crowd we’re likely to arrive at a reasonabley accurate figure.  I will update this with my estimate late on Sunday afternoon 

10 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Well I’m not sure what turgid means in your head, but in mine it means dull, tedious, boring. The dictionaries seem to say pompous or pretentious too, but that’s difficult to apply to a football match.

It might well mean that in your head, but I was using it as an adjective that means slow, stilted and congested.

It describes our post Christmas play fairly well imo, we are bereft of the fast, intelligent, incisive football that took us so far.

I'm sure we can both agree that 'dross' fits perfectly.

6 minutes ago, Tiree said:

Does Dis (Stortz) like City or is she always this painful? 

Are you referring to City or me with a female pronoun? If it's City, that's a bit weird. If you're trying to insult me by referring to me as a female then that is just sad, meathead shite frankly.

I'm trying my best to work out what you're asking. If it's what I think, I do indeed like CIty; but I certainly don't have to explain or justify myself to you. Have a lovely evening!

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Well now @JBFC II has edited the title and post my comment does seem a bit random 

I have to admit I only realised we are playing on the Sunday when you said it, then again it probably would have been more exciting sitting in an empty ashton gate watching the grass grow on the Saturday... 

2 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Antbody know why the last matches of the Championship are being played on a Sunday and at 12.30 kick off?

What was wrong with 3pm on a Saturday?

All final league games must ok of at the same time with so much at stake for so many clubs. Relegation or play off spots are decided.

No teams has the advantage of a late or early ko.

They are just quoting season tickets plus actual sales again. Typical North Korean style propaganda from the Bristol Sport corporate machine.

There probably will be close to that many but a fair few will have been given their friends season tickets to go and watch the game for free.

I expect it to continue in the same vein as recent form (if you can call it recent?) suggests.

Oh well, a chance for the deluded Rose-tinted spec enthusiastic clapping brigade to clap the players and manager for serving up a great first half season and totally forget about the god awful shit that has been served up since Christmas.

Well done lads, yeah well done for failing to get a single point per game, for some of the most shocking performances since we can remember, for Brentford and thanks Lee for your bizarre substitutions and mind boggling formations, plus your annual capitulation in form.

Hope you enjoyed Dubai, and being asleep for the second half of the season. 

Hope those rested players enjoy their new clubs, and hope you all enjoy your summer holidays.

Thanks for getting the job done of avoiding relegation in half a season. That was progress.

Typical City. 

I think it has been discussed time and time again, it is not just Bristol City that do this...

They are just quoting season tickets plus actual sales again. Typical North Korean style propaganda from the Bristol Sport corporate machine.

Don’t think it is fair to have a go at the club for this and granted the second half of the season has been dissapointing but in my 35+ years of watching City I have seen a lot worse.

16 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

There probably will be close to that many but a fair few will have been given their friends season tickets to go and watch the game for free.

I expect it to continue in the same vein as recent form (if you can call it recent?) suggests.

Oh well, a chance for the deluded Rose-tinted spec enthusiastic clapping brigade to clap the players and manager for serving up a great first half season and totally forget about the god awful shit that has been served up since Christmas.

Well done lads, yeah well done for failing to get a single point per game, for some of the most shocking performances since we can remember, for Brentford and thanks Lee for your bizarre substitutions and mind boggling formations, plus your annual capitulation in form.

Hope you enjoyed Dubai, and being asleep for the second half of the season. 

Hope those rested players enjoy their new clubs, and hope you all enjoy your summer holidays.

Thanks for getting the job done of avoiding relegation in half a season. That was progress.

Typical City. 

There’s a reason they call it an “official attendance” as it’s based on tickets sold. From a financial reporting point of view if you declare x amount of income that needs to be broken down behind the scenes and tickets sold is a source of income. Every club does it.

1 minute ago, Red Army 87 said:

There’s a reason they call it an “official attendance” as it’s based on tickets sold. From a financial reporting point of view if you declare x amount of income that needs to be broken down behind the scenes and tickets sold is a source of income. Every club does it.

Yeah I know, but the way that it is advertised is like people are queuing up to attend excitedly when we know this isn’t the case.....well, some of us do anyway.

16 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Yeah I know, but the way that it is advertised is like people are queuing up to attend excitedly when we know this isn’t the case.....well, some of us do anyway.

So what would you say if you were in the Marketing Department?

“22000 people have already bought tickets most of whom have enjoyed a brilliant first half of the season including some of the best football seen in years at Ashton Gate and a fantastic cup run, but are bitterly dissapointed with the second half of the season”

What do you expect them to say? 

Archived