IGNORED

If Bristol City were a factory who would be the best shop shop stewards/union convener?

I like this thread.

My husband's family are all in unions so it's been drummed into me...

Shop stewards need to keep a cool head, not be scared of confrontation and be willing to voice their opinion as well as looking after the person they are representing.

For this (baring in mind this is my opinion from only seeing on field and I have little to no idea about off field), I'd imagine maybe Frank Fielding. I'd also probably say Famara Diedhiou. Flint would be a contender but he occasionally loses his head so if he could rein in his temper, he would be up there too.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Another riveting thread. 

50 minutes ago, RedM said:

@Septic Peg Frankie = Box of frogs. Don’t know if that’s a requirement for a shop steward though. :laughcont:

I worry for this Dark Side chap, every morning there is many random threads appearing on here

Is he some kind of night owl that can't switch off?

16 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I worry for this Dark Side chap, every morning there is many random threads appearing on here

Is he some kind of night owl that can't switch off?

Probably. Nev's been to every away game since Christmas

23 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

You've obviously never met Big John then 

Top bloke who follows City home and away every season.

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

A former Man Utd player was allegedly known as the shop steward,

who do you think of the current team would make a good union rep?

Flinty Bailey Wright,Baker,Paterson?

blimey ! can certainly tell the seasons nearly over, what next which city player would win in a race with a greyhound!

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I like this thread.

My husband's family are all in unions so it's been drummed into me...

Shop stewards need to keep a cool head, not be scared of confrontation and be willing to voice their opinion as well as looking after the person they are representing.

For this (baring in mind this is my opinion from only seeing on field and I have little to no idea about off field), I'd imagine maybe Frank Fielding. I'd also probably say Famara Diedhiou. Flint would be a contender but he occasionally loses his head so if he could rein in his temper, he would be up there too.

You said shop stewards need a cool head then quote Frankie fielding in the same sentence.....are you drunk! 

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

You said shop stewards need a cool head then quote Frankie fielding in the same sentence.....are you drunk! 

Like I said, he ain't a flapper like old Steve. I can't remember ever seeing him lose his rag on the pitch either. Might be wrong though.

8 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Like I said, he ain't a flapper like old Steve. I can't remember ever seeing him lose his rag on the pitch either. Might be wrong though.

He might not be a flapper (although judged by his efforts to stop Barnsley scoring from corners, that's because he doesn't get near enough to even flap at it), but his habit of racing out for balls he's never going to win makes him anything but shop steward material for me. First principles for a shop steward, If you're going to come out you've got to be clear on your objective (unlike that bizarre race down three quarters of the pitch in the final minute v Hull) and confident of achieveing it (wolves, Preston, Forest, shall I go on.)

17 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

A former Man Utd player was allegedly known as the shop steward,

who do you think of the current team would make a good union rep?

Flinty Bailey Wright,Baker,Paterson?

How about Baker.... as he's always walking off of the job.

Archived