IGNORED

Surprise on Sunday.

Ashtonwurzel

• The title was changed to Surprise on Sunday.
36 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Who holds the record at the moment, Marvin Brown?

Don’t think he does.

Despite Wikipedia (& those clowns at The Post reading it and copying it) saying he was 16 and 71 days when he made his debut, if you take the date of his first game (Forest in the League Cup) from his actual date of birth, he was actually 17 1/2.

Andy Llewelyn & Nyrere Kelly we’re both 16 back in ‘82 when they made their debuts, I think the latter was the younger of the two.

If he's actually any good, are we gonna be able to keep him or will it be another Herbie Kane/Jacob Maddox/Rolando Aarons situation? We've still got a Cat 2 academy, can Cat 1s still pinch out players?

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Sam Pearson perhaps? Only 16 (his twin brother Callum is also in the academy), training with the first team yesterday and today according to his mum on Twitter and retweeted by Brian Tinnion.

I hope not.

If he gets a run out on the weekend and hasn't scored 20 by Christmas next season, there will be an element on here who will write him off.

A winger from the Under-16's? LJ really will go to any extreme not to play Eliasson. ;)

Tyreeq Bakinson (who lets not forget is alleged to have cost us £500k) was billed as someone we would see this season, and this is the last chance.

He won't break our age record, but I'd be amazed and disappointed if he's not involved on Sunday, as he stood out a mile the few times I've seen him.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

A winger from the Under-16's? LJ really will go to any extreme not to play Eliasson. ;)

Tyreeq Bakinson (who lets not forget is alleged to have cost us £500k) was billed as someone we would see this season, and this is the last chance.

He won't break our age record, but I'd be amazed and disappointed if he's not involved on Sunday, as he stood out a mile the few times I've seen him.

Wasn't he supposed to have fallen out with LJ at one point or another?

Agreed though. Watched the U23s a few times this year and him and Rory Holden have both immediately stood out as players playing below their level. 

13 minutes ago, Olé said:

10 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Wasn't he supposed to have fallen out with LJ at one point or another?

Agreed though. Watched the U23s a few times this year and him and Rory Holden have both immediately stood out as players playing below their level. 

I don't know if it was a falling out, but I think it might have been me who suggested he had got into the Managements bad books. I think he was mooted to be involved in one of the cup games (Utd or City?), but had put something up about it on social media, which reading between the lines may have upset the Manager as he never appeared. 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d ‘blood’ Bakinson and start Lloyd Kelly at Centre Half personally 

Hopefully a few young ones get a chance considering it's a meaningless game for both teams.

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

If he's actually any good, are we gonna be able to keep him or will it be another Herbie Kane/Jacob Maddox/Rolando Aarons situation? We've still got a Cat 2 academy, can Cat 1s still pinch out players?

In a way (although I don't want to lose them) I think Bryan and Reid going into the Prem would be really good for our academy. I'd love to see 3-4 academy players in our first team, but if we can show our youngsters a clear pathway, that if they are good enough we will play them, and if they prove themselves there is top flight football at the end, that's a great selling point. Something we have not really been able to show/highlight to date. The other option, your lad goes to a big club, amongst 100's of others with no hope of playing for the first team because they have 100's millions to spend on the already finished article, and cannot afford to gamble their league status with youth.

Archived