IGNORED

Surprise on Sunday.

Ashtonwurzel

38 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I can't say for sure Bob, but I think the loans for academy players and for loaning to non-league may be different. I am only really basing this on the fact that some of young lads have been on loan AND playing for the U23's in certain games. I think this may be part of the reason the Management choose to loan to lower league teams when others on here want them to be playing at league level, it gives us more input into their development. As I say I am only surmising, but I think @spudski or @Cowshed for example may be able to tell us more judging by their knowledgeable posts on the academy set up.

http://origin-www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/section-6-players_2293633_2125731#52

1 hour ago, ciderwithtommy said:

It's great to see we have 16 y/o ready to break in and impact a championship match, if that's the case. As a cat 2 academy we must have hidden this gem away from prying eyes. If however he isn't ready, these 5/6 injuries are a bit of joke tbh, and for me an insight into a club that's too nice. Leadership and culture comes from the top down, that's a fact. Our mental weakness has been pitiful, if we are now letting players hang up their boots a week early, for whatever reason, let's not dress it up as us having a 16 y/o wonderkid. This game for me is a must win, not for league position, but for multiple senior pros to turn up and deliver - this should not be treated like a free match, the second half of this season does not warrant it.

As an aside best of luck to the youngster, prove me wrong - but the softness of this club is a joke, and not extended to how they deal with us, the supporters. 

Come on, it's not a must win.  I would like nothing better than to see some youngsters out there.  Nothing more exciting at the end of the season, if there is nothing significant at stake.

13 hours ago, lenred said:

To those who want to use league position as part of their 'progression' argument it does :ph34r:!

Len - nothing to say about your post, but I've been meaning to congratulate you on your avatar for a while

One of my fav albums of all time. The Concept, blew me away first time I heard that song. Still get a shiver when I hear the intro on my Spotify shuffle now

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Len - nothing to say about your post, but I've been meaning to congratulate you on your avatar for a while

One of my fav albums of all time. The Concept, blew me away first time I heard that song. Still get a shiver when I hear the intro on my Spotify shuffle now

Good man, thank you Woodsy! One of the best as you say. Had the pleasure of seeing them many a time. They’re doing their Creation albums back to back over 3 nights in November in Brum but I already had tickets to Baxter Dury that weekend and can’t get away with 2 gigs in one weekend with ‘she who must be obeyed’, but may still try to blag it somehow! 

38 minutes ago, lenred said:

Good man, thank you Woodsy! One of the best as you say. Had the pleasure of seeing them many a time. They’re doing their Creation albums back to back over 3 nights in November in Brum but I already had tickets to Baxter Dury that weekend and can’t get away with 2 gigs in one weekend with ‘she who must be obeyed’, but may still try to blag it somehow! 

Ah - I didn't know that. Will have to have a look at tickets, thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Thanks. I guess the relevant paragraph is this one?

"53.3.7 A Player registered on a Youth Loan may, provided this is agreed between the two clubs and the Player, continue to train with and/or play for his Parent Club (or club) in any match other than matches played as part of the Premier League Competition, League Competition, League Cup, Football Association Challenge Cup or Football League Trophy (First Team Matches). Participation by the Player in First Team Matches for the Loaning Club shall take precedence."

Can't remember what the league rules are when it comes to making huge changes to a match day squad...'as in playing a weakened team' in the eyes of other teams.

However..I can't help thinking that these 'injuries' are not that at all, and just an excuse to blood players in a dead rubber game.

If it were to get in the play off's...those 'injuries' I should imagine wouldn't be here.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Can't remember what the league rules are when it comes to making huge changes to a match day squad...'as in playing a weakened team' in the eyes of other teams.

However..I can't help thinking that these 'injuries' are not that at all, and just an excuse to blood players in a dead rubber game.

If it were to get in the play off's...those 'injuries' I should imagine wouldn't be here.

I am sure there would be a sufficient argument in this case to show that neither team is going to affect the relegation, promotion or play offs picture. Any weakening will only affect us and Sheff Utd. Wilder says he wants a positive finish to their season which suggests they wont be weakened, they have also sold nearly 2000 tickets for a dead rubber! 

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/may/bristol-away-tickets/

Shame they couldn't find an up to date pic of the Gate though. :( 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure there would be a sufficient argument in this case to show that neither team is going to affect the relegation, promotion or play offs picture. Any weakening will only affect us and Sheff Utd. Wilder says he wants a positive finish to their season which suggests they wont be weakened, they have also sold nearly 2000 tickets for a dead rubber! 

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/may/bristol-away-tickets/

Shame they couldn't find an up to date pic of the Gate though. :( 

Guess the prize money is better, but other than that . . . . 

44 minutes ago, phantom said:

Guess the prize money is better, but other than that . . . . 

And does playing one game in the Championship make you a ‘Championship player’ if other teams come sniffing?

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Out of interest -   Genuine. Q if anyone au fait with the regs.....

I know Out players loaned out to League Clubs couldn’t play Sunday , even if not involved with the Clubs they were lent to

But does that not apply to loanees that went out to NonLeague Clubs ?

I’m pretty sure they can.

As a “for instance” Max O’Leary didn’t feature in Solihull Moors’ final game after they were safe last week, so I can see no reason why he couldn’t start (or be on the bench) on Sunday against a side (like us) with absolutely nothing left to play for.

Not sure what the rules would be if we were playing a Bolton or a Derby though.

• Admin
49 minutes ago, RedM said:

And does playing one game in the Championship make you a ‘Championship player’ if other teams come sniffing?

Bit like us signing a player with experience playing for Juventus / Munich etc 

11 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Come on, it's not a must win.  I would like nothing better than to see some youngsters out there.  Nothing more exciting at the end of the season, if there is nothing significant at stake.

I knew this one statement would be the most interesting sadly. It is in my opinion because the players don't deserve a free game. Please tell me why the senior pros should have a day off? 

36 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

I knew this one statement would be the most interesting sadly. It is in my opinion because the players don't deserve a free game. Please tell me why the senior pros should have a day off? 

Well they all had a ‘day off’ at home to Brum in the final game last year !!!!!

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Johnson says we will play someone new at right back. Could that be Hegeler? Can't think of anyone else it might be.

Duric ...,, ? ......Eliasson..... ..?

;)

Has to be one of the young ones surely - Could the Irish lad Holden play there  ?

Are these genuine injuries to half a dozen? Or just a way of leaving them out for a variety of reasons? 

Wright and Magnússon so they don't get injured and miss World Cup? Or both leaving and us? 

Pisano leaving us? 

Baker out with concussion. 

Paterson? 

Should we read too much into the significance of those not playing? 

5 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Sam Pearson played 60 minutes for the under 16's tonight and had to go off after an hour with severe cramp, so unlikely to be involved now on Sunday I would guess.

Antoine Semenyo on the other hand ........

I find it bizarre that a player touted for a place on the first team bench would start a competitive game just 48 hours before.

This really does smack of a publicity stunt, IF the lad was a genuine  sub based on his recent performances surely he would be wrapped in cotton wool prior to the game having trained with the first team, perhaps he hasn't done enough in training?

As to the other players being left out, I don't think O'Dowda or Duric will play having just returned from injury, Baker can't play, and I think Magnússon will get the nod over Bryan who may make the bench.

Antoine is a good shout as the lad has done well at Bath, he may play instead of Reid, or at least make the bench.

The players who won't be in the squad tell the tale, at a guess, Diony, Woody, Hegeler, Pisano, Wright, GON, Kent, Engvall, what a waste of money most of those have been.

If I were SL I would be asking some serious questions about our recruitment record, you can't get them all right accepted, but to get so many wrong is a worry.

On 04/05/2018 at 08:08, RedM said:

Indeed. I guess on the flip side of losing our mainstay backbone players is that ultimately they haven’t achieved promotion to the Premiership or even been a stable or consistent force within the Championship. Maybe the aim is to rip it up and start again, with the added benefit of being able to sell the players individually to fund this. 

Have you been on the Orange Juice...?

12 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

It could be Aden Baldwin mostly plays CB or Chris Turner-Williams. 

Holden too left sided for right back. 

Turner-Williams would be my shout. Semenyo to start with Reid up front. Can't see Reid being left out after what LJ said in the week. Said he would be on pens as chasing golden boot.

Semenyo wasn't involved in the U18s game on Weds evening, my guess is that he'll be the young player in the squad.

Regarding the right back, can Zak Vyner play? Will his loan at Plymouth be officially finished by tomorrow?

Archived